Pics of ACR paint scheme on a silver vert, help me decide

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've decided to go with the ACR look on my silver mamba. I'm going to choose from the following 4 different looks. One of my graphics guy did a quick PS job. No where near Austin's work but it's good enough to get an idea how it would look. Let's vote, what is your favorite??:2tu:

1. Silver / Gloss Black with Red Stripe
You must be registered for see images

2. Silver / Flat Black with Red Stripe

3. Silver / Gloss Black with Silver Stripe

4. Silver / Flat Black with Silver Stripe

Last edited:

Nowayforya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gloss black/red or graphite stripe looks great. Flat black is very difficult to keep it looking good. Plus you cant clear bra flat black... or it would be gloss black. And you would want to put a nice paint job on that car and get it chipped up.

OP
OP
Greg-TT

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, it seems like the 1st pic is everyone's choice... hmmm, how about first pic with gray hood.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
flat black looks like it just came out of the body shop and they forgot the last coat of paint....a car that is all flat black is a diferent matter but that doesn't fit u're acr theme.....

if i had a silver gen 3 i would first
slap on an 08 hood
slap on an autoform rear deck spoiler
add standard 08 gray stripes on front
and stripes in the rear like this viper

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, the red stripe looks way better than I tought it would. I agree with the flat black comments, I like all versions in gloss black. Not wild about the graphite hood. That first pic is really nice, especially considering your mamba interior. This is a great project!!

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
getting to be quite a few silver cars with 08 hoods....looks great but I think you right to try something different. A&C's car should have had the drivers strip done in red I think...

I've always liked the 03 carbon coupe look...you could pull it off with a carbon lemke or vipar hood, carbon lemke top and have one of those guys do a carbon trunk lid....so many differnet thing syou could do...any of them would look good.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm also not a fan of flat black (primer) paint. But the gloss black looks good.
Also I'd carry the red stripe down the trunk to the bumper.

OP
OP
Greg-TT

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, finally decided to go with Silver/ Gloss Black w/ red stripe. The car is getting a few upgrades including paxton in next two weeks so the paint will be done in sometime mid Nov. Found a shop in Pasadena area and they sound very promising and reasonable. I will post 'mucho' pics when it's done. :D

Now, I need to get some measurements for the black paint on the front bumper and the red stripe (width, location). Where is the best place to look for these info?

Last edited:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Gripforce,

Like the first pic best too.

Are you a VCA member?

In any case, you should join our local group. A few of us will be at Irvine Cars and Coffee this Saturday morning. Check our local board at: . : : SoCal Viper : : .

Dan

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pumped your going to follow through with this:2tu: I'm still wondering why I didn't do this:dunno: and I know after I see the pics:bonker: :D

Congrats on the decision, hurry up and get it done and post the pics:cool:

BTW I have the polished Paxton off mine (CHEAP) if your deal falls through;)

OP
OP
Greg-TT

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gripforce,

Like the first pic best too.

Are you a VCA member?

In any case, you should join our local group. A few of us will be at Irvine Cars and Coffee this Saturday morning. Check our local board at: . : : SoCal Viper : : .

Dan
Dan,

I think I met you and your wife Cathy? briefly at the drag event sometime in last year
at Fontana. I'm not a member of VCA but would love to join the club though. The only
downside is that I can't join most of the 'fun' activities you guys are doing due to the
nature of business I'm in. Again, I will be going out of country this Saturday but I will
try to make it to the Cars and Coffee to meet you.
Oh, by the way, there was a member name Mike Buckingham told me to contact you
for a reputable shop in Lake Forest that can do a great paint job on my car. I hope to
see you on Sat.

Thanks in advance, Gregory

Last edited:
OP
OP
Greg-TT

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm pumped your going to follow through with this:2tu: I'm still wondering why I didn't do this:dunno: and I know after I see the pics:bonker: :D

Congrats on the decision, hurry up and get it done and post the pics:cool:

BTW I have the polished Paxton off mine (CHEAP) if your deal falls through;)
Thanks for the offer but I already got the great deal on the paxton. I sure will post as many pics after all the work has been done. I love your TT car and hopefully I can go in that route in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper