ACR wins by more than reported? ring video

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ-CNFpPCnk[/media]

So after this 'garage' video does anyone think that the ACRs winning time is too fast for the GTR and ZR1 vette to ever catch up?

TED

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its definatly too fast. For the GTR to achive a 7:29, it took a miracle lap, plus its been around the ring hundreads of times according to Nissan. The ACR ran a 7:22 on its 4th try.. with room for improvment. Simple fact is its generating 1,000 pounds of downforce meaning its just unstoppable..it handles alot more like a ALMS car then a street car

Anyway that video is pretty weird. Im going to stand by nissans claims, as i dont think a company would flatout lie about a time. I think this GTR video has been edited somehow...reguardless the viper wins by a long shot

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind, there is plenty left in the acr. Looks at how many times he hits the rev limiter or miss shifts.

Reaction score
The great thing though is how little time and money SRT spent to get there. I doubt there will be any real need to go back and "regain" the title haha.

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The vi host did an overlay with the ZR1 and the GTRvids both on the screen. Then the garage started them together at the same place on the ring and turned on their own timer. Seems that GTR may have taken 'liberties' with the timing. May have been quite a bit longer than 7;29 according to the host.

TED

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I saw was that the GTR was about 3 seconds slower than the ZR-1 at the last turn before the pits. All it looks like is that Garage 419 is showing that there is a difference with where they started and stopped their timing. However, Nissan reported a final time that was 3 seconds slower than the ZR-1 made. I don't see any controversy. The ACR is faster, long live the ACR !