08 Loping Idle / Low Idle Speed

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I started my car today for the first time since Monday morning when I dropped it off for a show, and the battery had to be disconnected since it was inside a building.

Today, I reconnected the cable, and noticed the remote wasn't working for the lock/unlock, but the doors opened. When I cranked the car over, it sounded like it was wheezing for air, and what sounded like a large cam loping hard. Idle speed I would guess sounded less than 500rpm. Granted the car sounded pretty bad-@$$, but I have never had the car start like this. Is this common? I've started the car after 1 week of it sitting in the garage before, but have never had this issue.

Could the variable valve timing have started in the larger profile? Granted, I know nothing of how this works, but the Honda cars work off of oil pressure to activate VTEC. Could it possibly be just the battery was a little weak? I'm not too worried, the car only has 7300 miles, so it's under warranty, just thought it odd. Plus it would sound awesome if it started like that everytime :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth