Power steering pump bracket broke

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine didn't break, however, I am being preemptive and just got the bracket and the pulley and will be installing this week in my '98 GTS. Dave's billet parts are beautiful and no way they are going to break. Link below. Did your's break while driving? Any other damage? Good luck.

Dave's:
Power Steering

Last edited:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only place to go...............

Daves Big Brakes.........Fantastic quality and they look GREAT!!!!!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No brianer...DavesBigBrakes for both the bracket and pulley. The two-piece pulley is pure genius IMO.

OP
OP
R

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It broke while pulling out of my driveway. So fortunately I was not stranded.

Just bought some property though so my funds are tight. I would like to find a decent price on the set and I am not concerned with bling factor.

Thanks for the help!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd at A&C Performance has the brackets too. I bought my upgraded pulley from March Performance. You should have done this a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng time ago. :crazy2:

OP
OP
R

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I sent Todd a PM on the alley. Looks like Roes kit is the probably going to be the least expensive.

Any good/bad experiences with Roes kit?

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used the Roe and it works fine. Do the pulley at the same time if you haven't already. Don't forget to use the washers (spacers) with the Roe bracket, even though it looks like you don't need them when you compare the stock bracket.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Redsnake
I have one of Dave's. Works and looks great. I have my old one if you are in a bind. Give me a call if you need it.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get Dave's kit. I heard from a guy who has Sean's kit that it is more of a PITA to install than Dave's. He said he'd get Dave's if he had to do it over again. I have Dave's pulley and bracket and couldn't be happier.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll get with Dave and ask if there's a possibility of a GB. If so, we'll start a new thread.

Red Snake: Please post back with your experience after you get the Roe bracket installed. :)

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll get with Dave and ask if there's a possibility of a GB. If so, we'll start a new thread.

Red Snake: Please post back with your experience after you get the Roe bracket installed. :)

Ok ill keep an eye out for the new thread.......

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get Dave's kit. I heard from a guy who has Sean's kit that it is more of a PITA to install than Dave's. He said he'd get Dave's if he had to do it over again. I have Dave's pulley and bracket and couldn't be happier.

All the billet power steering brackets are the same...except for the price. Roe is $10 cheaper.

On the Roe pulley I understand you use washers to space it. Roe's is steel and both it and the bracket are $140
Daves pulley is aluminum and both are $211

If I were to order today, I would get the bracket only from Roe and if I needed a pulley I would order the bracket/pulley kit from Dave.

BTW, I just installed Dave's brake kit on a gen2...front gen3 calipers and put gen2 calipers on the rear......I was VERY impressed with the quality and fit...VERY impressed..

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, my group buy post lasted about 2 minutes. Lee informed me that Group Buy posts are only allowed in the Group Buy section and can only be made by the vendor. Dave wanted me to handle the group buy, so looks like it is now off. My mistake for not knowing the rules pertaining to group buys. :(

Red Snake: Looking forward to your follow up. :)