So My 1,4xx Post Gets Deleted Because...............

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I DIDN'T POST MY FREE AD. :dunno: MY WHOLE INTENTION
OF MY POST WAS PURELY WOULD YOU SELL LOW
TO BUY LOW AND IF SO , HEY I HAVE MY *** WITH
*** AND IF YOUR LOOKING FOR IT PM ME.

AS OF LAST AUGUST I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR
5 YEARS AND WAS VERY SURPRISED TO SEE WHY
MY POST WAS DELETED. I DO UNDERSTAND IF YOUR GOING
TO PLAY THE GAME , PLAY BY THE RULES, WHICH I
FEEL I DID 100%.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOOKED WHO DELETED IT AND
FOUND OUT HE HAS HIS 1 YEAR OLDER VIPER FOR
SALE LISTED IN THE CLASSIFIEDS AND JUST HAPPENED
TO BE A MOD ON THIS SITE.

I WILL NOT CALL OUT HIS NAME AS I REALLY DO
HAVE ALOT OF RESPECT FOR HIM AS TO WHAT HE
DOES FOR THE VCA ON THIS SITE FOR NOTHING.

BOTTOM LINE I THINK IT WAS WRONG AND JUST
WANTED TO EXPRESS MY POINT OF VIEW.

WANTED

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bzzzzt. The advice has been given before - the classifieds make money for the site. Why not use them (for free) and help pay to support all the other forums on this site?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The idea is that "for sale" posts go in the Classifieds, both as income from non-members and as a courtesy for VCA members. More importantly, it doesn't clutter up the forums with "For Sale" posts. We generally allow a "teaser" link to the Classified ad so that people will visit them more often. Just not actual ads in the forums.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Common Tom, cut 'em some slack. They are not even the same style car, GTS vs RT/10. They cars have different color/options and differ greatly in their mileage. I highly doubt they would attract the same buyer.

Bottom line is that it had to be done to you since it is done to everyone else. If I have noticed anything over the last couple of years since the board regime has been revamped, is that is has been fair and impartial. If he had not deleted your post, someone else probably would have complained it wasn't done since you are a VA/MD member.

It's a no win situation. Being a mod ***** in my opinion. Unless of course you can be a dictator and waive your wand at will.:devteeth:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought we pulled it because of the blindingly large font. :rolaugh:
Tom, we pull hundreds of these, if we did not then everyone would figure out "Hey I don't need to pay for a classified I will just ask how much to pay and sooner or later the thread ALWAYS turns into somene being interested at a certain price, so what we do is leave it up long enough for the poster to get a general answer to his question about how much and then we pull it so it does not become an ad in itself. And yes your ad would have been free because you are a member in good standing (well, except for the dreadful font :rolaugh:) But we have to pull the VCA ones too or the guys who do have to pay don't see a level playing field.
I might add that our advertising revenue for the classifieds is VERY important to us as we are an unusual site in that we REFUSE to accept the kinds of annoying advertising ( popups, google ads, and worse, those little blue underlined thingees) that slow a site up and make it annoying to use.
So if we don't uniformly enforce this we don't get much revenue. You HAD to even be aware of ALL this as your orignal post even said..."I hope this does not get removed" and I think it was there for quite a while, heck I even posted on it.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm your huckleberry.

Tom, you are WAY off base. First of all, I didn't DELETE your thread, I LOCKED it. Here it is....right where you left it:

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/619638-sell-low-but-buy-low-way-go.html

I even gave you the courtesy of an explanation as to why it was locked and even a way to 'advertise' your car in the forums should you choose to do so..just put it in the classifieds and link to your ad in your thread!

If you're not selling it, then don't give a description of it and say "PM me if you're interested". That's an ad by any standard, so let's not play word games, ok?

I don't get why you have a problem with my car being listed in the classifieds. That's where it's supposed to be. That's the rule and I followed it. That's what the classifieds are for.

I took action on your thread like I do on 10 or more of these per week. Hell, I even gave you the courtesy of NOT deleting it so it could roll gracefully to page 2 and beyond.

If you have the respect for me you claim, you wouldn't have come here and blasted me in a public forum....you knew I would be identified. John is right, this job ***** sometimes, but doing it even when I get slapped in the face for it is my way of contributing to the club.....you're welcome.

Kelly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave