Get your new Viper as fast as you can...

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Several news releases today regarding Chrysler are not good. Daimler has written off the entire value of their 22% ownership.

Daimler Returns to Profit but Trims Forecast Again - WSJ.com

Now Chrysler is canceling their new SUV hybrids after less than one year of production.

Chrysler Kills Durango and Aspen Hybrids

They just announced a 25% cut in white collar jobs. The cut will be in place within a month.

Chrysler to Make Deep Job Cuts - WSJ.com

I am not happy about this. As part as my real world job, I analyze companies for valuations and Chrysler is not looking good at all. I hope they make it, especially for the Viper.

The GM merger seems to be the only route for Cerebus to go. Cerebus wants the rest of GMAC and are willing to keep the Chrysler credit arm in the sale. If GM can get any capital together, I think Chrysler is gone. All GM really wants is the Chrysler pension plan and the cash inside of it. If the value of Chrysler keeps falling, then GM will be getting that money cheap.

If you have ever wanted a new Viper, I would buy it ASAP!

Keep your fingers crossed that GM cannot find the financing....:rolleyes:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems to be pointing to a cooked goose doesn't it.

Oh well, these things happen and it will not be the last automotive company to push daisies.

Got my Viper and good to go. Older 02' RT/10 is the only thing I would add if I was looking anyway.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone will buy them out and keep it going but new company taking over will mostlikely delete some models.glad my challenger is being built and hopefully receive before the end of the year.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cerberus is trying real hard to buy out Daimler's stake in Chrysler. Cerberus is notorious for cost cutting. P.T. Cruiser is gone along with the Magnum and the Pacifica. Daimler is more than willing to be bought out. Here is an interesting little wrinkle. Daimler is one of those strongly bidding on taking the Viper line. Not sure that would be so bad.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's all run around with our hair on fire.:panic:
Bend over and grab our ankles 'cause here it comes. :panic:
Panic!!! :panic:
Suddenly I feel the need to start a riot. I'll be back.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a financial pro, I am sure you recognize the value of a 'brand' and there is nothing in Dodge or Chrysler worth more than the 'Viper'...except maybe the 'Challenger' or 'Hemi-Cuda'. It won't 'disappear,' because they are too valuable. Just my 2c. Besides, there are 400 'unsolds' in inventory...what's the rush? Worst case scenario they end up at an auction...that would be a good time to buy one. ;)

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My worry is whats going to happen for parts and service????

Parts should still be available for quite some time (thanks to people like Jon B. and other great contributors to the Viper on here). As far as the service part goes.......
besides a select few (Viperwizard) etc., most independent tech's are as, or more competent than a dealership anyway;)

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. The group that owns Dodge has 11 billion in cash. They have superior money to others. Others will fall before they do. Who can last longer? GM is going under as well as Ford before Dodge. The others in the Big Three are taking on serious water......

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the srt8 jeep will give u're snake a run for u're money 0-60 especially if u don't hit the launch

Last edited by a moderator:

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. The group that owns Dodge has 11 billion in cash. They have superior money to others. Others will fall before they do. Who can last longer? GM is going under as well as Ford before Dodge. The others in the Big Three are taking on serious water......

Cerebus wants OUT of the car biz ASAP.
Regarding that Chrysler will slash 25 percent of its salaried work force...
"The cuts are so dramatic that they likely spell the end for Chrysler as in independent company and indicate it is preparing to be sold, said Aaron Bragman, an auto analyst with the consulting company IHS Global Insight.

“Cutting fully one-quarter of your staff is not the way to develop future vehicles,” he said.

"Through the first nine months of the year, the company’s U.S. sales have fallen 25 percent from the same period last year, the largest decline of any major automaker" (MSNBC.com)

Adding insult to injury...
"So, just what is a 19.9% stake in America's third largest automaker worth? Um, nothing. So says Daimler, which owns exactly that amount. The German company claims that, for accounting purposes at least, there is absolutely no value in its part-ownership of Chrysler. Just about a year ago, Daimler estimated that its share of Chrysler was worth some $1.17 billion." (Autoblog.com)

Reaction score

....and $9 billion in debt, and it must be paid if it the company is sold or transferred.

OP
OP
R

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler may have cash but they are so far astray regarding their product lineup I do not see them making it as a stand alone entity. Cerebus planned to spin Chrysler for a quick buck but the market caught them with their pants down. They are balance sheet guys...not car guys.

If they can dump Chrysler to GM and get the rest of GMAC then at least they have something to show for it.

You must realize this is not about cars or people.... it is about balance sheets and cash. Sad but true..

Last edited:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah you get use to driving a glass slipper. Ever own a Saleen? Parts are obsolete before the car leaves the showroom. Unfortunately I am not kidding. Guess I like to live dangerously.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets