$10Mil Gov't Loan to GM To Buy Chrysler!!!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard on CNBC, that there is now a proposal to loan GM $10MM (or might have been $10 Bil) to buy Chrysler.

If this is true, then the likelihood of GM owning Chrysler is that much closer to reality!

Ugh!!!!

Peter

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
10 Billion and taxpayers may end up owning 3 Billion worth of company. That's a deal. Lend me 10 B and I'll return 3 B in assetts, LMAO. It really takes big buisness to make decisions like that.

Wonder if Chrysler split into smaller corps would make them sucessful? We know Viper's good, Minivans are big moneymakers. Ram trucks probably need to downgrade production, but they're 75% of all pickups out here thanks to their reliability factor. The Caliber is Dodge's 'new' small car and that could use some size reduction. Jeep could shrink to less models and wait out these troubled finacial times. We might lose a few models, but wouldn't this save the company more than a GM merger?

All the merges/buy outs/hostile takeovers I've seen are for the tax benefits. The idea of buying a huge corportation so that I can shutdown production and kill off much of that company seems antiproductive. If tax benefits are the reason for this, cancel those tax breaks.

I think that the US/Cda should tax all imports 100% like they used to. That would solve many prolems. When Canadian wood production was overwhelming the US production years ago the US gov. had no problem imposing a 40% tax contrary to the "World Trade Agreement". Ruined Canadian logging - and we're buds, lol. Cdn gov imposed "Brokerage fees" at an average of over 40% extra cost for everything shipped to citizens from US, and we're buddies.

And yet, even with fuel costs I can buy from China at a fraction of the cost of buying from US? Shipping is cheaper from the other side of the world than it is from a 600 hundred miles across the border? No "Brokerage fees" except from US. Time for shipping is similar from US or China to Canada.

Looks like we're screwed...

Logging's been over for years. Auto Industry is collapsing now and even the manufacturers discourage "cross-border shopping". Our governments have destroyed our economies. What North American Industries are next??? While our own governments are doing trade wars against US, we're only looking at the beginning of the economic slide ...

Ted

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I have a better offer to US Gov. I do not need a $10 billion loan. I only need $9,999,999,990.00. Might even have $11.00 up front (hold on, just checking the sofa) for them further reducing my loan size.

And they have my word I will not eliminate the company.

:D

Robert

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yah, I'll help for half ownership...

We could slam our governments for their anti NorthAmerican policies. Keep Europe and Mexico as friends and fire the rest of the world. Pay the US debt to china with Dodges, Gms and even Fords. Venezuala doesn't like us so they're out, Japan has to stay away for awhile because they make too many cars.

Start growing FOOD crops and start buying Domestic Beef.

Lol, agree?

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, sorry billions obviously....dah!!!!:lmao:

Watching CNBC now to see if there are any progress updates, but with GM so heavily vested in the Corvette, what chance does the Viper have to live on...would seem like a marketing mistake to keep it. They could for revenue purposes, however, sell off Viper once deal is done...similar to what they are trying to do with Hummer. Doesn't fit into the business model.

We should hope that is what they do, at least the chance of keeping Viper alive for the future.:headbang:

Peter