Streetracing....why?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The true skillz come into play street racing at 175 while talking on the cellphone. :2tu:

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to inject the fact that many people drive slow on the freeway every day and don't get rear ended. The logic was severely flawed in your argument; try again.

I have to believe that a person slowing down to 45mph in a 70mph zone at nighttime is in danger of being rearended. Especially since everyone on the road is not always 100% alert and big trucks aren't known for having such great brakes that can stop on a dime. I never said it happens every day. But if car A is going 45mph in a 70 and car B is going the same speed as the rest of traffic, guess who's more likely to get their rear bumper taken off by someone coming up behind them. Maybe it doesn't happen often, but it'd happen even less if people didn't slow down just to start a streetrace

We'll agree to disagree on this one.

Reaction score
Agreed, to an extent. The empty freeway thing is fine by me. Keyword: empty. What bothers me is when you hurt or kill an innocent person. I don't give a damn how rich someone is if they kill a loved one of mine. A few years back, 2 idiots were racing and a friend's wife pulled out from a side street (I'm sure they thought they were on an empty road. The sidestreet wasn't). She got t-boned with their baby in the backseat. My friend said many times had he got there before the cops, he would've probably killed the guys racing. Can't say I blame him. Can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing if it had been my wife/baby.

Wow, I don't know, but if you kill my family by your own negligence while "street racing" against some other *******, I would have no problem putting a bullet in your ass no matter if I got there before or after the police arrived.

The civil money to me means nothing and is secondary, my family is more important, revenge will put me away, but I will shoot your ass just as easy as taking my next breath.

How can one make a decision that it is alright to street race and determine no innocent person can possibly get hurt or killed? Yea, right.

:nono:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it would be safe to say there would never be any Viper drivers on it.
First off, even if one of us were involved in a accident while street racing, no one would ever admit it.
And second, I like to think we as Viper owners are far more responsible and skilled, both in normal driving and racing, than your average driver.

C'mon.... let's be fair here. It WAS a Viper racing Nick Hogan when he wrecked, wasn't it? Owning a Viper doesn't make you an angel nor does it make you free from making dumb@$$ judgements. Maybe members of the VCA might be a bit more skilled because there are more people to learn from, but a very high number of Viper owners are NOT members and are just as stupid as any ricer owner.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I don't know, but if you kill my family by your own negligence while "street racing" against some other *******, I would have no problem putting a bullet in your ass no matter if I got there before or after the police arrived.

The civil money to me means nothing and is secondary, my family is more important, revenge will put me away, but I will shoot your ass just as easy as taking my next breath.

How can one make a decision that it is alright to street race and determine no innocent person can possibly get hurt or killed? Yea, right.

The civil money means nothing, but if that's your only recourse, you will make sure the guy can never afford a bicycle, let alone another Viper.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Luckily, neither the wife or daughter were seriously hurt in the accident. Shaken up pretty bad, but not physically hurt except for maybe some scrapes and bruises. Had they been really hurt or dead...yeah, I'm sure the husband kills the people on sight with the cops watching. Which, I would fully support and applaud. Good ol' Chicago Mafia rules. You hurt 2 of mine, I bury 2 of yours.

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sarcasm aside, of all types of racing, street racing proves the least of any of them. So you got a car that can run 50mph to 150mph faster than another, it doesn't mean you have any skill. .

+1

Well said... I like speed and am a hard driver....always pushing......but, when I see a youtube video of cars street racing in traffic:mad:... I cringe....very very dumb....just looks stupid

fastlane8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mon.... let's be fair here. It WAS a Viper racing Nick Hogan when he wrecked, wasn't it? Owning a Viper doesn't make you an angel nor does it make you free from making dumb@$$ judgements. Maybe members of the VCA might be a bit more skilled because there are more people to learn from, but a very high number of Viper owners are NOT members and are just as stupid as any ricer owner.

It was a Supra!

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How can you make statements that you are 100% sure street racing was what caused this to happen? If someone was going 70mph down the interstate and had a blow out and flew across to oncoming traffic and killed a family memeber, would you kill them too?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be clear, I was talking about the Fast and Furious style dragracing. Swerving in and out of traffic at night in busy areas.

you do realize that you basically Completely changed the subject :dunno:

should have specified in the OP befor everyone got fired up ,lol

Reaction score
How can you make statements that you are 100% sure street racing was what caused this to happen? If someone was going 70mph down the interstate and had a blow out and flew across to oncoming traffic and killed a family memeber, would you kill them too?

Please read my post again before you reply with a poor example of someone going 70MPH and having a blowout.

I was very specific in my remarks. If you are street racing against some other *******, and one of you kills a family member because of your stupidity and negligence, you will never see the inside of a jail.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad and all who posted, thanks for the thread, made me think. The risk folks clearly make sense, the others also make their points, I mean who owns a Viper and doesn’t step on it once in a while? (I know the difference btw street racing and stepping on it, both are illegal and a continually tempting part of Viper ownership).

These are an enigma to me:

Chad, to address your question...
Gambling is illegal in most states and so is street racing. Just don't judge those that do it.

Poor logic :dunno:

and

of course
revenge and personal justice overrules all moral and social laws

fine logic :2tu:

hopefully we can all agree this is the most dangerous activity: :omg:

I did 22 in a school zone once.

:eater:

:drive:

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This friday I actually seen a girl driveing and curling her hair at the same time. I looked at her and shook my head in disgrace. She had the never to flip me off

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please read my post again before you reply with a poor example of someone going 70MPH and having a blowout.

I was very specific in my remarks. If you are street racing against some other *******, and one of you kills a family member because of your stupidity and negligence, you will never see the inside of a jail.

I've read it, and read this one over and over again.

You still haven't answered how you know that it'd be "street racing" that caused the accident. Things can happen at any mile per hour, or by any "honest" mistake someone can make while driving. To pigeon hole everything that happens during a street race into it being 100% reason something bad happens is rather ignorant.

But, then again.....you have to take statements made by people who like to publically talk about shooting others with a grain of salt.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Brad, you know I like you, but I gotta side with Sellshomes on this one. If you are doing something stupid like streetracing and kill someone's family member, you deserve to die. If there's one thing I'm 100% sure about its that the US justice system is an oxymoron. There is no justice these days except in vigilante form. All our (pathetic excuse of a) system does is protect the guilty and hurt the innocent. You want justice these days? Do it yourself.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen. In my thirty plus years of defending people I have heard remarks like the above on many occassions. But a curious thing happens when the person who makes such a remark becomes the target of an investigation. All of a sudden he or she sees the value of a system based on a presumption of innocence. Police are not perfect. Witnesses are not perfect. The forensic process is not perfect. Mistakes are made. Innocent people are, on occasion, convicted and sentenced to prison. Fortunately, our system includes a robust appellate process so that those innocent people stand a chance of being vindicated.

Real life is not the movie: "Death Wish". In real life the vigilante is caught, convicted, sentenced and thrown in with the general population when incarcerated. So, to the extent anyone really thinks being a vigilante is cool or gets them anywhere, they better take notice and think long and hard about it. Because after they act it is too late. All they will have accomplished is the destruction of another life - their own.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Brad, you know I like you, but I gotta side with Sellshomes on this one. If you are doing something stupid like streetracing and kill someone's family member, you deserve to die. If there's one thing I'm 100% sure about its that the US justice system is an oxymoron. There is no justice these days except in vigilante form. All our (pathetic excuse of a) system does is protect the guilty and hurt the innocent. You want justice these days? Do it yourself.

Suppose I just don't agree with the blanket statement that street racing is "stupid" or that if you street race you're gonna kill someone. It's not always the exact reason why an accident happens.

I do admit that if you are racing in an area with pedestrians is absolutely ******** though, so don't think I'm trying to defend that.

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gentlemen. In my thirty plus years of defending people I have heard remarks like the above on many occassions. But a curious thing happens when the person who makes such a remark becomes the target of an investigation. All of a sudden he or she sees the value of a system based on a presumption of innocence. Police are not perfect. Witnesses are not perfect. The forensic process is not perfect. Mistakes are made. Innocent people are, on occasion, convicted and sentenced to prison. Fortunately, our system includes a robust appellate process so that those innocent people stand a chance of being vindicated.

Real life is not the movie: "Death Wish". In real life the vigilante is caught, convicted, sentenced and thrown in with the general population when incarcerated. So, to the extent anyone really thinks being a vigilante is cool or gets them anywhere, they better take notice and think long and hard about it. Because after they act it is too late. All they will have accomplished is the destruction of another life - their own.

Amen, or worse yet.. Follow me on my job, picking up body parts of people who thought it was fun driving 125mph. Driving's a very scary endeavor. You have hundreds of cars(which are essentially a ton of metal on a somewhat narrow road way, going anywhere from 0-80mph (not to mention 'street-racing') with people all controlling all that power usually sub-consciously.. I've seen plenty of people die going 45 mph... your body isn't made to take an impact from an accident.. Thus, you die.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, I totally respect your choice not to street race. You don't have to defend it at all.
In fact I wish you would stop. Your arguments are weak and your slope is just getting more slippery.
if you don't want to street race, great, but don't judge those who do.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

well said Bob :2tu:

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, I totally respect your choice not to street race. You don't have to defend it at all.
In fact I wish you would stop. Your arguments are weak and your slope is just getting more slippery.
if you don't want to street race, great, but don't judge those who do.

If you're willing to risk your criminal record, health, etc, thats fine by me. Its risks you know exists and if you're willing to take them, thats your personal choice. But for the "innocent" people on the road who have no idea whats going on, don't put their life in danger because of your actions. If you want to go to Nowhereville and run 200mph+, have at it, just don't do it when innocent people are around.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're willing to risk your criminal record, health, etc, thats fine by me. Its risks you know exists and if you're willing to take them, thats your personal choice. But for the "innocent" people on the road who have no idea whats going on, don't put their life in danger because of your actions. If you want to go to Nowhereville and run 200mph+, have at it, just don't do it when innocent people are around.

I do believe everyone in here who has mentioned they do this sorta thing, said they do it on empty highways away from anyone else who could be harmed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave