Poll...Least Desirable Viper Color??? (a REAL poll)

Least Desirable Viper Colors??? Pick 2

• Red

Votes: 73 22.5%
  • Black

Votes: 19 5.9%
  • Dandelion Yellow

Votes: 94 29.0%
  • Emerald Green

Votes: 162 50.0%
  • Stone White

Votes: 53 16.4%
  • Blue

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • Silver

Votes: 43 13.3%
  • SteelGray/Graphite

Votes: 18 5.6%
  • Race Yellow

Votes: 25 7.7%
  • Sapphire Blue

Votes: 22 6.8%

• Total voters

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Polls like this are worthless and do nothing but breed infighting. Let's argue about something constructive.

Oh. Like starting a thread on street racing was expected to do what? I've never seen such a bunch of ***** slapping hypocritical guys gather 'round the keyboard to participate in that.

I could really care less though. I'll say anything and reply to anything. But for people to say that if it ain't technical, or if it ain't supported by facts, or if it's at risk for discussion that it shouldn't be posted, well, there are some lonely sections on this forum for you.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe how many people voted for the emerald green. I think that is one of the best colors, but to each his/her own...................

I was shocked at that too. And I think that color looks great with yellow stripes as well a few other stripe colors.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These threads are getting real old. The reason peoples cars are not selling has nothing to do with their color or price. IT HAS TO DO WITH THE ECONOMY. NOBODY IS BUYING ANYTHING AT ANY PRICE RIGHT NOW.

I am not a fan of red cars but Tailwags GTS is a beautiful car and I would love to own a GTS like it and I am sure there are a ton of people that feel like I do but they are just paranoid about spending money in this uncertian economy. People do not know how long they will have a job so even if they have cash in the bank they are NOT spending it.

I prefer my GTS's and Coupe's to have stripes and RT10's and SRT10 convertibles to be solid. That said there are exceptions to the rule. For instance a solid black GTS is one beautiful car.

I think we need to remember that everybody has different taste and this is why they make salt and pepper and red and blue Vipers. I also think we should respect other people's taste. This is almost as bad as when the Gen III's came out and everybody argued over the Gen II style being nicer. Of course we all know it is ;) but we are all Viper brethen and need to stick together and watch each others back. We also need to hold firm on our prices in these hard times and be patient as we are only hurting ourselves by selling our Vipers cheap and bringing down the values. Obviously some people have no choice due to the hard times and unfortunate hand life sometimes deals us. :(

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn. I thought arguing about car colors and stripes was like what the purpose of electricity was for a car guy's house.

Crap. Now I just want to pour a beer on my head and go walk the dogs and step on nails or something.

Reaction score
These threads are getting real old. The reason peoples cars are not selling has nothing to do with their color or price. IT HAS TO DO WITH THE ECONOMY. NOBODY IS BUYING ANYTHING AT ANY PRICE RIGHT NOW.

I am not a fan of red cars but Tailwags GTS is a beautiful car and I would love to own a GTS like it and I am sure there are a ton of people that feel like I do but they are just paranoid about spending money in this uncertian economy. People do not know how long they will have a job so even if they have cash in the bank they are NOT spending it.

I prefer my GTS's and Coupe's to have stripes and RT10's and SRT10 convertibles to be solid. That said there are exceptions to the rule. For instance a solid black GTS is one beautiful car.

I think we need to remember that everybody has different taste and this is why they make salt and pepper and red and blue Vipers. I also think we should respect other people's taste. This is almost as bad as when the Gen III's came out and everybody argued over the Gen II style being nicer. Of course we all know it is ;) but we are all Viper brethen and need to stick together and watch each others back. We also need to hold firm on our prices in these hard times and be patient as we are only hurting ourselves by selling our Vipers cheap and bringing down the values. Obviously some people have no choice due to the hard times and unfortunate hand life sometimes deals us. :(

Well said, and I agree

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
personally I don't like Red cars. I like my Vipers with stripes. My first Viper was a beautiful, better than new Red 98 GTS with taped silver stripes. I bought that Red car because other than the Red color it was the nicest Viper I'd seen and had a Twin Screw supercharger on it already. It test drove perfect, and after doing a drift onto the freeway in front of a Cop I slowed down and he left me alone. Awesome, I bought it.

Bad luck as the car hydroplaned and spun underneath a Semi, but being a supreme safety designed car my wife and I lived tbrough it, Car didn't make it though.

Next Viper was a faster Roe sc'd Sapphire with silver stripes mags, brakes etc. From adversity comes improvements. I definitely like the Sapphire/silver better.

Ted

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn. I thought arguing about car colors and stripes was like what the purpose of electricity was for a car guy's house.

Crap. Now I just want to pour a beer on my head and go walk the dogs and step on nails or something.

hope you guys are happy :mad:

you drove DAVE to the point of considering wasting beer :omg:

don't do it Dave, you'll only regret it later :D

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex...just because you "may think" you are closer to reality than I am, does not make it so. You can put my car down all you want (and myself too as that is what you are trying to accomplish), but guess what, I frankly could care less about what "you think".

If more people like stripes, that is great...that is in fact their choice. There are people that like them without stripes, and if there is someone that is looking for a very clean example, then they will contact me. If not, it is not a big deal. :drive:

Your statement about making a GTS outperform an ACR is a clear indication of how far YOU are from reality. The point is that everyone is different and everybody likes different things. If I wanted a car that outperforms the ACR, I would already have one. The point is I want a new ACR, and you or nobody for that matter, is going to tell me what I want. Are you really that egotistical and self centered that you believe that you are even more right about what another person wants?

Like I said...worry about yourself man.

Tailwag, if you agreed with me, you would not be stunned that your car has not sold, would you? Therefore, I must be a bit closer to reality than you are. I am not putting down your car. I am just stating that more people would like it if it had stripes. That is a fact. GTS Vipers are going to be the classics in the future and maybe you should hold on to yours. Why sell your car for 30k and drop another 75k on an ACR when you can make yours outperform an ACR in every aspect with half of that money?

My '06 SRT coupe has about 300 miles on it. I might be able to get 55k for it or less. I could sell it and blow another 50k on an ACR or turbocharge it, modify the suspension and give an ACR the **** kicking a lifetime. In my opinion, it is better to keep what you have and mod it up than to take a bath on selling your car for so little and paying top dollar for a new one.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I havn't seen a Viper I don't like

I am trying to dig out a pic I snapped in Denver several years ago. This thing was red with blue glitter all over it. It had little itty bitty wheels...about 13 or 14" that stuck out about 6 inches from the fenders, had a big ol' aluminum triple decker spoiler and a fast and furious sticker on it....oh, and very fuzzy seats...it was something else...:omg:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we can all agree these are ugly:

919210fu8vs-med.jpg

919210fu8m0-med.jpg

You must be registered for see images

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you posted this poll. I venture here too infrequently, happened to notice this. The results here are at least as notable as tire, exhaust, etc, etc, since the color - much as we hate to admit - greatly affects value, time on market, even buyer type.

I like green and am understandably, admittedly, acceptingly in the huge minority. Doesn't make me like it any less. (I've got a dark green Pantera, original color, sought it out, sue me.) But my Viper GTS is gray, the color and condition were near equally important.

Thanks for posting.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe how many people voted for the emerald green. I think that is one of the best colors, but to each his/her own...................
I was shocked at that too. And I think that color looks great with yellow stripes as well a few other stripe colors.

Green with Yellow Stripes ? :omg:
Sounds like something only a cheesehead would like ! ;)

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good economy or bad economy, the cars that are seen on this page would have a hard time selling!

anyone else besides me seeing a handlebar mustache on this car? :rolaugh:

1882vip.jpeg

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a reverse psychology thread...Whichever color receives the least votes is the most popular color....I love useless threads like this cause I am sick of 100s of threads on gears, headers, and radiator burping!!! Al 00PROWLER

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the uniqueness of the green although IMO it is not a color for Viper's, more of a British car like the Triumph or MG or even the Cobra when it whether it was an A/C or a Shelby. I think the best color ever (in part due to the car it is on) is the 1998 white ACR. I might be wrong here but is that car still the most desirable car ever? I have a graphite ACR on order and also own a Ford GT in Tungsten grey and a Superformance cobra in grey as well so you know what I voted...

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this thread should have been "What is your FAVORITE VIPER COLOR" because we all agree in the end all Vipers are badazz and most people would eat beans the rest of their lives to own a Viper, well some have said this about mine and I about ***'d my pants laughing.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This poll is so funny....

1. Since we already own one, the results are biased by the inverse of sales figures. You wouldn't vote for your car color, would you?
  2. The first four colors listed were the only ones available for Gen 1 cars (red, black, yellow, green). Combined, these colors are being voted as the least desirable!? Yet someone purchased enough Gen 1 cars to lead to Gen 2 cars.
  3. So that means owners bought cars in colors we didn't like? Or that the poll should be adjusted for what type car and color the voter owns now? Or that Gen 2 owners don't like Gen 1 owners?
  4. BTW, how come the percentages don't add to 200%? If everyone voted twice, it should.
P.S. Anyone out there with a like-new green Viper for sale for next to nothing in a few years, please contact me and I'll put down my deposit now!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62