RaceDeck Garage flooring?

Viper rolls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with Fast-Flor @ garagewares.com Fast -Floor Diamond Tiles. The price was amazing and the tiles seemed to be good.

Assembly/installation was easy - I have 388 sq/ft of floor in the garage + 22 as extras, they were $1.75 each for $679.

However, I'm still trying to deal with the tiles bucking - When you pull into the garage the tiles in the rear buckle up. I've taken it all apart and reassembled and ensured that the tiles were right up against the back wall (it's recommended you leave 1/4 - 1/2 inch) so there would't be movement. Within a month they buckled again.

I'm not jaming on the brakes when I come in or anything like that. I'm going to try one more time to re-install the tiles this spring when it warms up. If that doesn't work, I'm pulling it all up and will get rid of them.

I should have gone with a premium tile from the start and paid the extra $. One more shot to see if it's the (me) installer.

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We just installed RaceDeck in our garages. Sorta happy about it... Bought just after Thanksgiving to get a sale price as, unfortunately, no Viper discount was offered.

Don't really like the buckling in the sun, but the homeowners ***** if anyone leaves the garage doors open too long! How's that for a backward solution!

Not crazy about the noise when you walk on it.

Kinda high maintenance in the Colorado winter keeping mud / salt off it.

Does look nice though. Install is a breeze.

[media]http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/low_res_garage_floor.jpg[/media]

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
However, I'm still trying to deal with the tiles bucking - When you pull into the garage the tiles in the rear buckle up.

I noticed mine did that at first unless I entered the garage very slowly. No more buckling after that.

Not crazy about the noise when you walk on it.

Kinda high maintenance in the Colorado winter keeping mud / salt off it.
]

Ahh...did no one mention putting down a layer of roof felt paper between the concrete floor and the tiles? ;) One roll of roofing felt from Home Depot was enough for my 20x22 ft floor and no clickety-clack noise. I trimmed it an inch or two from the exposed end and held it in place with double-sided carpet tape before laying down the tiles. No one else even knows it's there.

Also, I took one of my trim color tiles to Home Depot and had them match the color. Before even laying down the roofing felt I painted a 6-inch stripe all around the perimeter where any exposed concrete would show. They say to leave a small gap along the sides for expansion in different temps and I didn't want any bare concrete showing. The tiles blend right in and looks pretty good. I know, it's only a garage.

BTW, depending on who makes the mess on the floor with their car from melting snow THAT person gets to mop it up if we are expecting any guests. :D

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As per my previous post, look at all the trouble and buckling that going on with the separate tiles. Prep the concrete floor and use a a epoxy paint with color chips and be done with it.

wibago

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put these in a couple of years ago and I'm not really happy with them. There are several problems, the most noticeable is they sound cheap and nasty like you're walking on plastic. Probably because that's exactly what they are. I tried roofing felt but it didn't quiet them down much. I ended up using 2-in-1 floor underlayment (same stuff used under Pergo style flooring) and the noise was vastly improved. No more snapping and gritty noises, but it still doesn't sound like a solid floor.

One big problem is that water seeps down between the cracks and gets trapped underneath. I noticed after a few months that there was a moldy smell in the garage and I found it was coming from under the tiles. I now have a dehumidifier running 24/7 and it has solved that problem.

And a quirk of the plastic is that if you leave the garage door open and the sun shines in, they will expand and buckle slightly. It fixes itself when they cool down, but it still looks odd.

Here's mine right after I put in the garage flooring anthem before the rest of the garage was finished.

You must be registered for see images
I want to purchase about 1000 sqf of racedeck flooring. Does anyone have any experience using the stuff? pros cons? Any discount codes available? Thanks