I Would Like to Introduce Myself.

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

As the member name implies, my name is Jeff. I gave myself the title "ViperMan" many years ago, after first learning of the prototype Viper in a publication called "Wheels and Wings." I was about 13.

I can still remember in vivid (mind-numbing) detail my first handful of Viper experiences. I have always loved those cars. The Gen I's and II's were always my favorite - the GTS topping the RT/10 just slightly with it's duck-bill spoiler and aggressive rear-end, in my opinion.

I started a real good job earlier this year and things have been going very well for me. On top of that, this recent market decline has actually gone in my favor with lower interest rates.

I started to think that maybe - just maybe a Viper could be within my grasp. I worked it into my budget to buy one in late 2009 or early, 2010. I was researching market values and hitting up lots of sites such as auto trader, Viper Trader, Edmunds, and of course, Ebay.

Then the market crashed. Suddenly I started seeing Gen II Vipers in the real-low 40's. Then high 30's... Then even lower than that.

When a 2000 Viper GTS coupe showed up in Chicago with tons of goodies, all the original equipment included, service manuals and accessories galore - all for an amazing price, I leaped.

You must be registered for see images

I am a proud Viper owner. It still hasn't sunk in - I actually own one.

I've probably chatted with many of you before at events like Viper Days, Carlisle, etc. Obviously, I look forward to attending more of these events!

As soon as I get settled from the purchase (title/taxes/tags) costs, I'll be joining the VCA. Maybe it'll sink in by then!

Myself, I'm a 29 year old Project Scheduler for American Electric Power, I have a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Music from the Pennsylvnia State University (Go Lions!) and also graduated from the Wyoming Technical Institute - WyoTech - in 2005. I reside in Camp Hill, PA - just outside of Harrisburg.

I own a 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe (daily driver,) with a 3.0L V6 and 5-speed tranny. I have the GTS Viper, and also a 1973 Plymouth Barracuda, 318 s/b V8, 3-speed console shift. I have already acquired a 440 Big Block, which I will begin rebuilding in 2009.

On the Stratus and Cuda clubs, my member name is "ViperMan." I didn't even TRY registering that here!

Thanks for letting me join. I look forward to being an active member.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WELCOME Jeff and congratulations on your AWESOME Viper purchase~! It's great to have you introduce yourself. We all had the same dreams of owning a VIPER someday...when it came true, it's still a 'dream'...it still hasn't sunk in, and we've had an '05 Black SRT since '04, sold, bought the '08 GTS Blue. ENJOY! (While we're still having fantastic Fall weather!) ~juli

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mike & juli - I LOVE that color scheme of your Viper.

The Blue & White GTS's were ALWAYS my favorite - absolute, by far - favorite. Unfortunately I really didn't want a 90's car - in fact I really wanted an 01/02 for the ABS brakes. But my GTS has the Baer Alcon 6-*** calipers, front and rear, with a Wilwood hydroboost master cylinder, so I figured it's brakes would probably still outperform one with ABS. I guess we'll know when the next Viper Days rolls around!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I am in a similar situation and never Thought I would even be close to owning a Viper. I now own an 08 coupe, 68 Coronet R/T, 69 Super Bee, 07 Hemi Ram and a 1998 Crown Vic Cop car. As you can see I love cars too.

again welcome
Bruce

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Jeff! That great feeling will still be there at least 6 weeks laters so enjoy it :)

I can only speculate after that point because it's only been that long for me, but I can't see it going away any time soon! :headbang:

VipeRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jeff, you will find there are a great group of members here that will help you with any questions,ect. Welcome to the club!:2tu:

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome Jeff. Know how you feel buddy. I've had mine for 6 days and still can't help but smile when I look in the garage at night.
Take care and have fun!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:bounce: WooHoo, another 2000 Viper :bounce:
Welcome to the Fun House :hello: What interior colour do you have? Is it the Black or the Cognac? Looks like a very clean car, what other bits are on it?

:uk:

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now THAT is an introduction! :)

Congrats on the new baby...she is a looker for sure! DRIVE IT and enjoy it. She will put many smiles on your face...and will put even more smiles at every stop light.

Cheers and welcome!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mike & juli - I LOVE that color scheme of your Viper.
The Blue & White GTS's were ALWAYS my favorite - absolute, by far - favorite. Unfortunately I really didn't want a 90's car - in fact I really wanted an 01/02 for the ABS brakes. But my GTS has the Baer Alcon 6-*** calipers, front and rear, with a Wilwood hydroboost master cylinder, so I figured it's brakes would probably still outperform one with ABS. I guess we'll know when the next Viper Days rolls around!

The blue and white GTS has always been Mike and my favorite Viper. We both met when we both had the burago 1/18 blue/white GTS model, lol~! This '08 is GTS Blue w/silver striped SRT vert. We don't see another one around here like that. Thank you for your compliments. Sounds like your brakes would definitely perform extremely well~! Glad you're planning on a Viper Days event! ENJOY! :drive: ~juli

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's "black and tan" - Connely Cognac interior.
...honestly I don't care for it... But we can't have everything. :)

It has SVS Headers and Corsa Cat-back exhaust, all ceramic coated.
Baer Alcon 6-Piston Calipers, front and rear
Wilwood Hydroboost Master Cylinder, braided brake lines
13.5" Vented Rotors behind factory wheels
"Smoothie" tubes, K&N Filters
Roe adjustable rear sway-bar
Plus some other things like the power steering vent tube, aftermarket coolant hoses, aluminum flywheel, etc.

It also came with car cover, front end "bra," service manuals, parts manual, all original receipts, window sticker, and the VHS Instructions tape. Of COURSE I've already watched it, and was amazed to see Mr. Charlie Brown III on it - I MET him at PennState when he did a seminar for the Society of Automotive Engineers.

I'm going to have questions, too. I've got a popping in the steering when turning hard left that's bugging me, a squeaking over bumps from the rear that I can't pinpoint, and she's got a misfire at low rpms when cold - check engine light was coming on but I MIGHT have that taken care of - waiting to see if it returns.

I'm glad you guys are nice. Some of the other Viper forums don't seem to be as much so...

Thanks.

Jeff

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff...any mechanical questions, call the Viper Wizard himself: Chuck Tator 1-914-763-3136 in South Salem, NY...not sure how far he is from you...but you could ask him your questions by phone.
I'm SO glad you are meeting so many GOOD people here, there are too many to mention~!! ~juli

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does Skip Thomas visit the boards? I first met him at the Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC in May of 2000. I promised him that I'd let him know when (lol - it was "IF" back then) I got my first Viper! He let me sit in AND gave me a ride in a Viper for the FIRST time. I'll never forget it.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see Skip listed in the Members List...possibly someone here can tell you how to get ahold of him? Awesome you had one of THE BEST drivers/instructors give you your first Viper ride~! I'm sure it was unforgettable! We have a Skip Barber instructor/ACRSteve...possibly if you PM him, he would know how you can contact Mr. Barber? ~juli

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff

Welcome to Viper owner status!:2tu:

I can remember when I first bought my 96 Hennessey RT/10.

FATBOY put it best when he said "Wooo Hooo".

For me it was like coming into a big load of money, my first solo, the first time I flew my YAK-52 and almost as good as the birth of my daughter :baby: It's something you'll never forget.

We only go around once so enjoy the hell out of it, OK?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cooor Jeff, sounds like you got a hell of a car there :2tu: When you get the chance, would love to see some engine pics too :drive:

:uk:

Oh one more thing, REDS FASTEST :D

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You didn't think I only took one photo, didja??!

That's my favorite one... That was first sight, man... Whew...

Jeff

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeff, I don't know if you've heard or seen yet, but we have a "BEEFCAKE" thread, and this picture definitely belongs over there, since you've posted this here, it's now being posted over on the BEEFCAKE thread as well...mwah-hah-hahhhhhh...(we may be nice, but we're also females here!) LOL!
VERY nice pictures, thanks for sharing!
~juli

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the funny farm Jeff!! You are going to love it here!!

Also, congrats on your car!! I love the color combo! Good job!:2tu:

Oh by the way, that feeling you have. It does not go away!:D:D:D:D

Welcome again to the Viper Nation!

Robert

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lol - money in the bag. I never thought about that. :)

My wife likes that photo - said it looks like the car is talking to me.

I said it looks like the car is just finishing transforming back from Autobot mode. :)

Juli, I think I'm going to have a lot of fun chatting with you!

I'm so glad you guys are nice. I was worried you guys were going to be like some other places I've seen - I won't mention names!

I HAVE A VIPER!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Jeff

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here, Jeff!!! That's a good way to look at the Viper...it's talking to you...DRIVE MEEEEE!!!!!
LOL...heck, we ALL know what 'place' you are talking about~!!! UGH! NO worries here! ~juli

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lol - money in the bag. I never thought about that. :)

My wife likes that photo - said it looks like the car is talking to me.

I said it looks like the car is just finishing transforming back from Autobot mode. :)

Juli, I think I'm going to have a lot of fun chatting with you!

I'm so glad you guys are nice. I was worried you guys were going to be like some other places I've seen - I won't mention names!

I HAVE A VIPER!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Jeff

Give it time, you'll learn to hate us.:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32