New to Viper, but not to Go-Fast World

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a little intro. I recently abandoned my 8.5 month GT-R order and endless NNA double-speak, and switched over to an '06 Slate Crystal Pearl coupe (bone stock -- a fresh canvas). I just closed the deal this past week, and am now dealing with auto shippers (a real pain) to get her from Missouri to San Antonio in one piece. So hopefully, I'll have the Viper in my driveway before Thanksgiving.

I've been doing go-fast cars since the '60s, and the list is long, including all the popular go-fasters over the years. However, this is my first foray into Dodge country. The only Chrysler product I ever owned was my very first car -- a '62 Chrysler 300 vert; yep, the one with the pushbutton shift -- what a battleship! LOL... I bought it for $600 in '65.

Lately, I've been doing Z cars (5 of 'em) and still have 3 in the go-fast inventory. The cream of that crop is my 600hp '03 350Z -- it's set up for the track (road course).

I'm looking forward to the Viper as a very fun addition to the go-fast stable. Hmmmm... if I can get 600hp out of a little V-6, the V-10 holds a lot of possibilities! I do most all modification myself -- been doing it for years. My tags are already on order, so if you see TX ASP in the San Antonio area, be sure to wave (wave at FLYIN Z too)! :)

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can easily double or triple the horsepower on a stock the viper. For a lot of Viper owners 500-600 is a little boring.:D You have a good platform to build from. Stroke it and add hairdryers.:drive:

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a little intro. I recently abandoned my 8.5 month GT-R order and endless NNA double-speak, and switched over to an '06 Slate Crystal Pearl coupe (bone stock -- a fresh canvas). I just closed the deal this past week, and am now dealing with auto shippers (a real pain) to get her from Missouri to San Antonio in one piece. So hopefully, I'll have the Viper in my driveway before Thanksgiving.

I've been doing go-fast cars since the '60s, and the list is long, including all the popular go-fasters over the years. However, this is my first foray into Dodge country. The only Chrysler product I ever owned was my very first car -- a '62 Chrysler 300 vert; yep, the one with the pushbutton shift -- what a battleship! LOL... I bought it for $600 in '65.

Lately, I've been doing Z cars (5 of 'em) and still have 3 in the go-fast inventory. The cream of that crop is my 600hp '03 350Z -- it's set up for the track (road course).

I'm looking forward to the Viper as a very fun addition to the go-fast stable. Hmmmm... if I can get 600hp out of a little V-6, the V-10 holds a lot of possibilities! I do most all modification myself -- been doing it for years. My tags are already on order, so if you see TX ASP in the San Antonio area, be sure to wave (wave at FLYIN Z too)! :)

Welcome to the Viper world, I don't know what you'll like the most! That you did'nt have before. Super low end torque with effortles acceleration or all the attention your going from everyone on the street! and I mean everyone from 8 to 80 male and best of all female:D

OP
OP
T

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can easily double or triple the horsepower on a stock the viper. For a lot of Viper owners 500-600 is a little boring.:D You have a good platform to build from. Stroke it and add hairdryers.:drive:
LOL... I was thinking of intitially dropping in a Paxton for a few more quick add ponies, and then working up from there after an engine build. My 350 is built to easily take 25 psi, but I'm only pushing 16 psi at the moment. Lots of possibilities with the Viper! :)

OP
OP
T

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper world, I don't know what you'll like the most! That you did'nt have before. Super low end torque with effortles acceleration or all the attention your going from everyone on the street! and I mean everyone from 8 to 80 male and best of all female :D
LOL... I are one of those... :D:D:D

I agree with ya, the Viper is an incredible torque monster. It's also a true driver's car with little of today's electronic wizardry to keep the back end and front end where they're supposed to be (I drive with the electronic gizmos turned off anyway).

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new purchase!!

Where are the pics?!?!?! Post some of the Viper and the Z's! :D

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL... I are one of those... :D:D:D

I agree with ya, the Viper is an incredible torque monster. It's also a true driver's car with little of today's electronic wizardry to keep the back end and front end where they're supposed to be (I drive with the electronic gizmos turned off anyway).

Whoa! If I read this correctly! Your a female! That drives with the electroncis turned OFF! Will you MARRY ME!:rolaugh:

OP
OP
T

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoa! If I read this correctly! Your a female! That drives with the electroncis turned OFF! Will you MARRY ME!:rolaugh:
LOL... One better than that... I come with my own repertoire of wrenches -- can you deal with a woman with grease under her fingernails (oops, half of 'em are broken off from my last wrenching exercise).

Yep, I drive with the gizmos off, and I don't even know if the audio system in my '03 Z works. I just love to make my own engine music when I'm driving. Yeah, I drive fast, and I'm not having a good day if I don't get into triple digits. LOL... I already have a new radar detector for the Viper (don't leave home without one). :D:D:D

OP
OP
T

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new purchase!!

Where are the pics?!?!?! Post some of the Viper and the Z's! :D
Thanks! Right now the Viper is still up in Missouri. I just finalized the shipping about an hour ago. The goal is to have the Viper sitting in my driveway before Thanksgiving. It sure is tough to find someone with an enclosed trailer at a decent price.

For sure, I'll post up some photos of the Viper after I've had a chance to give her 3-4 coats of Zaino -- I have a detailing compulsion -- must have a spotless engine bay, ya know!

To keep y'all occupied, you can browse around my StreetFire stuff. Tere's profile on streetfire.net

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tere,
Welcome! What color is your 03? Is 'Brickyard' a stock Nissan color? I love the color and am looking for a new color for my silver Viper. Thanks
Sal

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where is Missouri is the car comming from? I live in KC, MO. and like already posted are you looking for a new husband? my kind of lady there.

OP
OP
T

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tere,
Welcome! What color is your 03? Is 'Brickyard' a stock Nissan color? I love the color and am looking for a new color for my silver Viper. Thanks
Sal
Yep, the '03 is indeed Brickyard. Nissan paint code is AX8.

You must be registered for see images

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! You will find that the '06 is very easy to mod and a good Paxton setup will have you over 600 HP - at the tires. Throw some forged goodies in it, upgrade the fuel delivery and some other stuff for "scary fast". I have seen some of the latter making 900 RWHP. Like my bride's Viper for example. :D

Be sure to join the VCA when you get a chance. I am sure you already have the VIN and should be ready to go. Call 800-998-1110 and they will get you set up. Choose the VENOM option for even more benefits (where many of these folks are getting their VENOM tags below their avatars). Once again, welcome!

PS. GORGEOUS 350Z! That is one awesome color...

OP
OP
T

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where is Missouri is the car comming from? I live in KC, MO. and like already posted are you looking for a new husband? my kind of lady there.
It's coming from your backyard -- Independence. And at the rate things are going, it will be tucked away in an enclosed trailer headed down I-35 by Wednesday (faster that I thought for delivery). LOL... actually, I don't have one of those husband thingies. :D:D:D

who did you buy the car from in missouri, dealer or private part
Picked it up from a dealer -- they seemed pretty hungry and the price was right (after a little negotiation). It's only got 4,500 on the odo so it's just barely broken in. Looks like it's been well cared for, and it still has the window sticker, etc. with it. Only thing in CarFax was servicing and an alternator warranty replacement.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! You will find that the '06 is very easy to mod and a good Paxton setup will have you over 600 HP - at the tires. Throw some forged goodies in it, upgrade the fuel delivery and some other stuff for "scary fast". I have seen some of the latter making 900 RWHP. Like my bride's Viper for example. :D

Be sure to join the VCA when you get a chance. I am sure you already have the VIN and should be ready to go. Call 800-998-1110 and they will get you set up. Choose the VENOM option for even more benefits (where many of these folks are getting their VENOM tags below their avatars). Once again, welcome!

PS. GORGEOUS 350Z! That is one awesome color...
Thanks! I do plan on joining once I get the whirlwind of this deal done and that Viper is sitting in my driveway -- expected to happen before the end of the week. Doing business long distance and orchestrating transport has been keeping me pretty busy -- this weekend everything is finally coming together. Less than a week to make it all happen is light speed. :D

I posted the VIN where it asks for it in the member info when I registered.

And now I'm going to be on a steep learning curve on the inner secret workings of the Viper! After seeing the stock exhaust "snake pit" I know that's got to go! That thing has more bends and twists than I could believe -- straight shot out is the only way to go! :D

All my local Z car club folks have now branded me as a traitor. Too bad we don't have a Viper club here in San Antonio -- we have clubs for every other car under the sun, but not Viper.

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I do plan on joining once I get the whirlwind of this deal done and that Viper is sitting in my driveway -- expected to happen before the end of the week. Doing business long distance and orchestrating transport has been keeping me pretty busy -- this weekend everything is finally coming together. Less than a week to make it all happen is light speed. :D
I posted the VIN where it asks for it in the member info when I registered.
And now I'm going to be on a steep learning curve on the inner secret workings of the Viper! After seeing the stock exhaust "snake pit" I know that's got to go! That thing has more bends and twists than I could believe -- straight shot out is the only way to go! :D
All my local Z car club folks have now branded me as a traitor. Too bad we don't have a Viper club here in San Antonio -- we have clubs for every other car under the sun, but not Viper.

WELCOME~!!! Since you posted your VIN#, the moderators should catch this and upgrade you to VIPER OWNER!~! YESSSS!!!! Oh, yeah, the stock exhaust is long and winding, but what a WORK OF ART it is~!!! (And, yes, we removed our stock exhaust as well in our '05 Black SRT we'd had...got B&B stepped headers/Corsa Track Cat-Back Exhaust & Hi-Flo cats------WHAT an awesome sound...the house SHOOK when you started up that BEAST in the garage...lol!) WELCOME to the world of VIPER FEVER...once you drive it, there's NO going back to ANY other car...nothing will compare! Glad to hear you'll be joining the VCA~! You picked an AWESOME color Viper~! :headbang::headbang: ~juli

OP
OP
T

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WELCOME~!!! Since you posted your VIN#, the moderators should catch this and upgrade you to VIPER OWNER!~! YESSSS!!!! Oh, yeah, the stock exhaust is long and winding, but what a WORK OF ART it is~!!! (And, yes, we removed our stock exhaust as well in our '05 Black SRT we'd had...got B&B stepped headers/Corsa Track Cat-Back Exhaust & Hi-Flo cats------WHAT an awesome sound...the house SHOOK when you started up that BEAST in the garage...lol!) WELCOME to the world of VIPER FEVER...once you drive it, there's NO going back to ANY other car...nothing will compare! Glad to hear you'll be joining the VCA~! You picked an AWESOME color Viper~! :headbang::headbang: ~juli
I'll be sure to hang that WORK OF ART on my garage wall -- it will be titled "The Snake Pit" -- it really does look like a pile of writhing snakes. It was quite a search to find a nice one in that color in a coupe with no stripes. LOL... I already set every car alarm off when I fire up the '03 (with the '91 TT a close second), so I can hardly wait for the neighborhood to sit up an take notice when I bring the Viper beast to life. Thankfully, there are three other car fanatics on my block -- one Cobra, one Z-06, and one nice '67 Stang -- we see who can shake the windows the most driving up the street. Pretty much a tie between me and the Cobra at the moment, but I think the V-10 is going to be the winner! :D:D:D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be sure to hang that WORK OF ART on my garage wall -- it will be titled "The Snake Pit" -- it really does look like a pile of writhing snakes. It was quite a search to find a nice one in that color in a coupe with no stripes. LOL... I already set every car alarm off when I fire up the '03 (with the '91 TT a close second), so I can hardly wait for the neighborhood to sit up an take notice when I bring the Viper beast to life. Thankfully, there are three other car fanatics on my block -- one Cobra, one Z-06, and one nice '67 Stang -- we see who can shake the windows the most driving up the street. Pretty much a tie between me and the Cobra at the moment, but I think the V-10 is going to be the winner! :D:D:D

LOL...sounds like you got this 'snake' thing down! :2tu: FUN having the V-10 against the other cars in the neighborhood...I concur with YOU...it's already the winner!~! :drive: ENJOY! ~juli

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Tere!

You're not a traitor, they're just jealous :D

I had a client once who drove up, I had my Viper parked out front... His wife went nuts... She was saying too bad they didn't just get a $90K car to begin with... Instead of modifying his Z to hell and back...

He was pretty annoyed, started talking about how low the stock #'s most Vipers put down. Then went on to say he easily can beat a Viper cause he has 900 HP...

I just sat there and smiled, I sure wouldn't want to be in that car on the way home :eater:

Anyway, you'll have a great time with the people here..
Start a new chapter in SA! Build it and they will come...

Enjoy your new ride!

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome. I think I remember you from the GTR boards. I too had a deposit down for about 6 months. I pulled the plug about a moneth before delivery when I started reading all the warranty/VDC/Transmission BS. I'm happy with my '06 coupe as I'm sure you will be with yours.

OP
OP
T

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From one Texas Slate owner to another, congrats on the new purchase!!:2tu:
Cool! Now if I can figure out if there's any folks here in SA to hook up with for an occasional cruise. I very rarely see Vipers in SA -- they all must be garage queens. I just can't see buying a Viper and then sitting in the garage and just looking at it. :D

OP
OP
T

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Tere!

You're not a traitor, they're just jealous :D

I had a client once who drove up, I had my Viper parked out front... His wife went nuts... She was saying too bad they didn't just get a $90K car to begin with... Instead of modifying his Z to hell and back...

He was pretty annoyed, started talking about how low the stock #'s most Vipers put down. Then went on to say he easily can beat a Viper cause he has 900 HP...

I just sat there and smiled, I sure wouldn't want to be in that car on the way home :eater:

Anyway, you'll have a great time with the people here..
Start a new chapter in SA! Build it and they will come...

Enjoy your new ride!
LOL... They can talk smack, but I've still got the fastest Z in the bunch, plus I have three Z cars. But you can bet the next meeting, I'm going to roll up in the Viper! That will be a hoot!

I'd love to figure out how many Vipers there are in San Antonio. I might have to cruise the dealerships to find out how many get serviced at each one, and drop some contact cards for the service folks to hand out to Viper owners who come in. Maybe we can get something going. I've only seen one Viper and one Ram SRT-10 at the dragstrip -- on a good day, my '03 Z runs mid 11s.

OP
OP
T

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome. I think I remember you from the GTR boards. I too had a deposit down for about 6 months. I pulled the plug about a moneth before delivery when I started reading all the warranty/VDC/Transmission BS. I'm happy with my '06 coupe as I'm sure you will be with yours.
Yeah, it got to be really frustrating. The final straw was when the region jacked the dealer's invoice up even through my order was well before 9/5/08 (it was 3/3/08 to be exact). Besides, we had all the other electronic gizmo issues, and Nissan dictating how you should drive it. It was just too much. When the ACR cleaned the GT-R on the Ring, the Viper decision was pretty easy. I'm really looking forward to the Viper -- I'll know tomorrow if it's going to be on the trailer to San Antonio this week. :D:D:D

OP
OP
T

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it's official, I just did the deed on the Viper Mag site for a VCA Venom membership. Even though my Viper is still sitting up in Missouri waiting for my transporter to arrive -- maybe today, but no later than Monday.

I've now got my 5-year old grandson educated -- he can recognize the "snake" car on sight (a photo of mine sitting in the dealer's showroom is my laptop's wallpaper).

Soon this little baby will be in my driveway...

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
T

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woo hoo!!! The transporter just called. The Viper is tucked away in an enclosed trailer and headed this way! He's estimating arrival at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow! Anyone in SA who wants to take a little Sunday cruise? :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper