ACR Video Review

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repost, but it was the first time I noticed it.

Pretty much an accurate review, by Motor Trend no less!

If TV Chuck would ever finally take delivery of an '08 ACR, I figure he'd be saying much the same as this driver! :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFm7Ig2LFdA[/media]

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had not noticed that video before either, so thank you for posting it~! (Really..Motor Trend usually favors shall we say, 'other' vehicles?!!) There's no faulting an ACR, great driving there too. ~juli

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I think Randy, other than being one of the best road racers out there, also gives some of the most entertaining interviews.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But Randy Pobst only rated the ACR subjectively sixth behind cars like the R8, GT-R, M3, and even a Mini if my memory serves. Of course, the ACR had the fastest time objectively.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Entertaining video - yes.

Good driver - yes.

Just consider the source, an ex-auto crosser now racing a (butt heavy) Porsche who's not really familiar with Viper. Watching the video, he slid it around a bit in places where someone familiar with Vipers would not slide the car.

It would be fun to see him try to drive it fast after a some extended practice sessions. I think he'd grow to love it and say bye-bye to his European preferences.

Dan

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Entertaining video - yes.

Good driver - yes.

Just consider the source, an ex-auto crosser now racing a (butt heavy) Porsche who's not really familiar with Viper. Watching the video, he slid it around a bit in places where someone familiar with Vipers would not slide the car.

It would be fun to see him try to drive it fast after a some extended practice sessions. I think he'd grow to love it and say bye-bye to his European preferences.

Dan

Dan,
I thought you were talking about me. :rolaugh: As I'm an autocrosser, had been autocrossing a 996 GT3 for 4 years, and now into Vipers. Yeah, I need to learn how to handle Vipers though as my recent 5 years are all with either mid or rear engined cars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62