Viper Owner Imposters here?

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In defense of those who offer tech advice without owning a Viper: I know several guys who have worked on Vipers for years (Viper Techs included) who have never personally owned a Viper - ownership does not make one knowledgeable, it just shows you could afford the car.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably the most important question in this thread - where did you get the Texaco sign in Nebraska?

i have a lighted Texaco, Citgo, BP, and a Chevron sign for my garage. all bought from ebay. they range from 3-4 feet in dia or square. very easy to rewire and plug into any outlet.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In defense of those who offer tech advice without owning a Viper: I know several guys who have worked on Vipers for years (Viper Techs included) who have never personally owned a Viper - ownership does not make one knowledgeable, it just shows you could afford the car.
Conversely, owning a Viper doesn't automatically make one knowledgeable on Vipers.

SLICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never Once posted that I owned a viper , yes there COOL cars , and I enjoy talking to the owners etc.

But I own a little ole F150 :

You must be registered for see images attach

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice lightning. I went to a test and tune with a lightning club here... it made for some great pictures
ViperRam_06_10_01.jpg

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
J&R - Funny shot!

Slick - If you have any pics of the girl in the first photo, be sure to stop by the Viper Chick thread!:D

Oh yes. The imposter thing. I am definetally an imposter here. I don't have a car at all. I dont even have a drivers license. I also dont know what a Viper is.:D I just keep photoshopping photos of the same yellow car to post here and everyone keeps buying it!;)

:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh: :rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

:D:D

Robert

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Conversely, owning a Viper doesn't automatically make one knowledgeable on Vipers.

But it sure helps if you do your own work on your cars. If you do your own modifications, as I do, you learn your car quickly.

These cars don't break often or need working on because they're so well built and designed. Modifying is the best way to learn all the different car systems. Even though I've worked on and modified cars all my life I found helprul information in these forums. When I pulled the heads to port them I removed the top of the heater casing right away,instead of having to figure it out the 'hard way'.

Upgrading to bigger brakes gives you intimate suspension knowledge.

Ted

fastlane8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Perfectly stated for this sight!:2tu::usa:

But it sure helps if you do your own work on your cars. If you do your own modifications, as I do, you learn your car quickly.
Modifying is the best way to learn all the different car systems.I've worked on and modified cars all my life. When I pulled the heads to port them I removed the top of the heater casing right away,instead of having to figure it out the 'hard way'.
Upgrading to bigger brakes gives you intimate suspension knowledge.
Ted

Also a very true statement which others here should follow!:2tu::usa:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice , little out numbered lol

I may have been out numbered but they were all really happy to have me there and we had a great time. I beat a few and got beat a few times, by the highly moded of course.

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
Probably the most important question in this thread - where did you get the Texaco sign in Nebraska?

A store in Omaha called "In the Garage". I don't know if they have a web site but if you google it I'm sure you'll find the information. It is a real sign but made of plastic so I backlit it with a couple 3' light strips.
I also found a few other gas station signs by cold calling sign companies. I found one place that was very accomidating and allowed us to take anything we wanted from the "used sign" piles. We drove out of there with a trailer filled with twenty to thirty signs - most are larger - up to 8' tall (the Phillips 66 sign is 7'). They said they typically cut them up and recycle them. I'm sure there are a lot of car guys that would like to have something like that rather than just throw them away.
I've attached photos. The Texaco sign is the only one that I've cleaned up and mounted. It will be a long winter so I'm sure I'll find time to do the others.

Sorry about hijacking the thread. I could have sent a PM but I thought other people may be interested. Besides, I'm a viper owner imposter and if I don't own the car then I don't have to follow the etiquette.

Attachments

• 0811260007.jpg
    0811260007.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 0811260008.jpg
    0811260008.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 0811260009.jpg
    0811260009.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 0811260010.jpg
    0811260010.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 16
  • 0811260011.jpg
    0811260011.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 17
V

Venomiss

You must be registered for see images

A store in Omaha called "In the Garage". I don't know if they have a web site but if you google it I'm sure you'll find the information. It is a real sign but made of plastic so I backlit it with a couple 3' light strips.
I also found a few other gas station signs by cold calling sign companies. I found one place that was very accomidating and allowed us to take anything we wanted from the "used sign" piles. We drove out of there with a trailer filled with twenty to thirty signs - most are larger - up to 8' tall (the Phillips 66 sign is 7'). They said they typically cut them up and recycle them. I'm sure there are a lot of car guys that would like to have something like that rather than just throw them away.
I've attached photos. The Texaco sign is the only one that I've cleaned up and mounted. It will be a long winter so I'm sure I'll find time to do the others.

Sorry about hijacking the thread. I could have sent a PM but I thought other people may be interested. Besides, I'm a viper owner imposter and if I don't own the car then I don't have to follow the etiquette.

Love those signs! Post more pictures when you get them cleaned up and mounted.
What a cool find.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love those signs! Post more pictures when you get them cleaned up and mounted.
What a cool find.

I agree with Venomiss and moparboy...love seeing the signs AND your 'antique' coca-cola and pepsi cases~! What other goodies do ya have? :eater: ~juli
(Don't worry, we ALL hijack threads! :smirk: :D)

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imposters? I admit I dont't own a VIper, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn last night! Does that count?