Viper Owner Imposters here?

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think there are members on this site that claim they own Vipers but really dont??? I wont name names but I think there are a few. Some of the replies to tech questions would lead me to think they may drive a Honda or some other POS...Whatcha think??? Maybe I am paranoid dillusional...Maybe I really dont own a Viper....:omg::dunno::D Al 00PROWLER

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be listed as a Viper Owner on the site, all that's required is a VIN that matches to a Viper. As far as permissions/access goes it doesn't buy you anything, but there is no way to truly validate whether someone owns a Viper or not.

When I was a young boy, I wanted to wear around the house some medals my Father had been awarded in the military. After telling me that wasn't allowed, he explained to me that the medals were something you have to earn to wear. I kinda got it then, but now that I'm older (and have served myself), I understand.

There will always be some who don't get it, and pretending will always be ok. No way to stop 'em without conclusive proof to the contrary. They'll expose themselves in their answers, as you have suggested.

ETA: And 00prowler, you're not a Viper owner either....at least that's what your profile says. ;) I can fix that for you if you'd like, just let me know.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There will always be some who don't get it, and pretending will always be ok. No way to stop 'em without conclusive proof to the contrary. They'll expose themselves in their answers, as you have suggested.

not so sure about that one.

I have met people that come off as no-nothings on a car forum, then meet them in person and they have a boatload of cars I could have never imagined:lmao:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think there are members on this site that claim they own Vipers but really dont??? I wont name names but I think there are a few. Some of the replies to tech questions would lead me to think they may drive a Honda or some other POS...Whatcha think??? Maybe I am paranoid dillusional...Maybe I really dont own a Viper....:omg::dunno::D Al 00PROWLER

Maybe you're not a member either. Oh wait...no, you're not a member. :poke:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not so sure about that one.

I have met people that come off as no-nothings on a car forum, then meet them in person and they have a boatload of cars I could have never imagined:lmao:
Those probably aren't the guys going out to autotrader and scamming a VIN off of a car for sale just so they can have a nifty title. :D

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got me, I am sorry! I have been trolling here for a long time and it has finally caught up with me. I'll go back to the Honda forums now.:leave:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They'll expose themselves in their answers, as you have suggested.

yeah those guys really bother :mad:

will someone please tell me the plug gap for my viper, it has the v-6 automatic with traction control and heated cup holders :dunno:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of fake Viper owners, are we officially recognizing yellow Viper owners as legit Viper owners now? I heard a rumor that some yellow Vipers only came with V8's, so I was just wondering if they are considered Viper owners or just semi-Viper owners? :lmao::rolaugh::dunno::nono::eater:

Try to ban me again Kelly. I dare you. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of fake Viper owners, are we officially recognizing yellow Viper owners as legit Viper owners now? I heard a rumor that some yellow Vipers only came with V8's, so I was just wondering if they are considered Viper owners or just semi-Viper owners? :lmao::rolaugh::dunno::nono::eater:

LIES! All LIES!!!!

Yellow Vipers are **** and come with V10's :2tu:

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not listed as a member but I received the letter from my dealer and then a form in the mail from VCA. I filled it out and faxed it back and then got an email acknowledging it; but still listed as an owner.

Oh, well, I guess I'm not a member either.

On some of the other forums I am on (non-Viper forums) it is usually easy to stop the imposters normally due to the low number of posts and the questions which appear coming from a ten year old.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not listed as a member but I received the letter from my dealer and then a form in the mail from VCA. I filled it out and faxed it back and then got an email acknowledging it; but still listed as an owner.

Oh, well, I guess I'm not a member either.

On some of the other forums I am on (non-Viper forums) it is usually easy to stop the imposters normally due to the low number of posts and the questions which appear coming from a ten year old.

Drop 1 of the mods a PM with your VCA # and they'll get you upgraded. Its not automated, a mod has to manually change you over to "VCA member". If you don't have your VCA #, you can call VCA HQ at 1-800-998-1110 and get it

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Ha, fooled you. My Viper has the V12 SUPER VIPER option :drive::omg: available to only Yellow Vipers. So you "regular" Viper owners should rethink any thoughts of challenging ANY yellow viper. I accept your humble apology. :D

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha, fooled you. My Viper has the V12 SUPER VIPER option :drive::omg: available to only Yellow Vipers. So you "regular" Viper owners should rethink any thoughts of challenging ANY yellow viper. I accept your BUMBLE (BEE) apology. :D

fixed it for ya :rolaugh:

Reaction score
OK before this goes too far I admit I have never owned or even seen a Viper in person... I am here looking for my long lost parents that have one or two that are technically MINE. :D

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will come clean and admit i have never owned a viper either. i took a VIN off of an ebay ad and i have been here ever since. i registered about four years ago because i was told i could find a great deal here on Ice Capades tickets. i'm still looking.

fastlane8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You'd get a much longer list of viper owners on this site that are clueless on how to do any or all the work on their own cars!:omg::rolaugh::usa:

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only true imposters on here (at least in the past) where those who had been banned from the site and just kept showing back up in one way shape or form. I don't think that is currently an issue, but I could be wrong.

As far as some guy on here with a ricer handing out tech advise? There are way too many people knowledgeable people on this site for any false info to be projected for any length of time. They may be able to post it, but it would be refuted in the thread, if not eventually removed.

V

Venomiss

All those that actually own a viper are hereby invited to post their pictures on the beefcake thread. I dare you.:D
Today is the one year anniversary.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK before this goes too far I admit I have never owned or even seen a Viper in person... I am here looking for my long lost parents that have one or two that are technically MINE. :D
Mark,
They were learning to surf at the beach last weekend :omg:

URL%5D

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about impostor Viper owners being here. I think you may just be noticing the difference between the check-writers and the guys who actually own a complete set of automotive tools. Not every Viper owner is technically inclined or works on cars, some just regurgitate facts from a sales pitch that they read in a magazine.

For example, those who preach about how $4,000 coil-over shocks are almost necessary, yet never even drive or track their cars to use the hardware.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, Venomiss....lets see some Marshall beefcake pictures. I think I remember one with the evil Jasper mooses.