Alarm Problem.

fdjake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guy's. 1995 starts right up, runs for 2 seconds, shuts OFF.

So far I've tried pressing both bottons at the same time on the alarm and holding them for 10 seconds. Disconnected the psoitive battery cable for 1 minute. Horn beeps once when I push the button to arm the alarm...Hit the button to DIS ARM and I can hear clicks. I'll try new batteries in the key fob next.

Any thoughts?????

OP
OP
F

fdjake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New batteries in fob for remote.....STILL DEAD.

I noticed that I know have a constant buzzing sound whenever the drivers door is open (even with the key OUT??) It's coming from a small black box located on the kick panel right next to the clutch pedal. As soon as the door is shut the buzzing stops???
But remember...the KEY is NOT in the ignition??? The buzzer sounds like a warning for either lights left on or a key left in the ignition. Drove the car LAST NIGHT....NO PROBLEMS, nothing left on...parked in my garage...came out today, fired right up, died 2 seconds later...

Man,,this *****.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
New batteries in fob for remote.....STILL DEAD.

I noticed that I know have a constant buzzing sound whenever the drivers door is open (even with the key OUT??) It's coming from a small black box located on the kick panel right next to the clutch pedal. As soon as the door is shut the buzzing stops???
But remember...the KEY is NOT in the ignition??? The buzzer sounds like a warning for either lights left on or a key left in the ignition. Drove the car LAST NIGHT....NO PROBLEMS, nothing left on...parked in my garage...came out today, fired right up, died 2 seconds later... Man,,this *****.

I suspect you ARMED the car alarm when you left it? The alarm IS armed, and has experienced a THEFT code or fault. This causes the car to (repeatedly) run for 1.5 sec and shut down. (The PCM thinks it is being stolen....the EEU is telling it so) The unit must be reset as per service manual hints or Wizardry.

The alarm EEU is the possible culprit..... it IS the device BUZZING near the drivers right ankle in the drivers footwell. They rarely fail, but DO fail.

Exception: Aftermarket alarms / piggyback systems will likely negate the above advice.

Could also simply be an old/weak CAR battery.
Note: a trickle-charged old battery is NOT necessarily a "good battery"

OP
OP
F

fdjake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AGAIN.......THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!

I LOVE this car!!! I've had Porsche's, a Cobra (ERA), Jags, MG's, everything but the Italian stuff...

This one's my Favorite!! 95 RT/10 in Emerald Green w/ Tan Leather.

Leatherman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AGAIN.......THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!

I LOVE this car!!! I've had Porsche's, a Cobra (ERA), Jags, MG's, everything but the Italian stuff...

This one's my Favorite!! 95 RT/10 in Emerald Green w/ Tan Leather.

Have you managed to sort the problem, if so what was the outcome as the same thing has happened to me on occasions.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235