Modified 11 second 94' - Reduced price to $27,950. Must lookie!

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why would anyone paint their Gen1 sidesills?
That is by many to be considered the Highlight of the Gen1 and you ruined it.

other then that, from the description the car seems to be loved and kept up on with maintenance. would possibly make a great driver for someone looking to get into a viper :drive:

I always wander why people sell cars like these? seems like a keeper to me :dunno:

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new Grassroots Motorsports magazine (I think thats the name) gave a great but brief review of the Gen I Viper for those looking at getting into motorsports on a somewhat limited budget.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frog,

Great looking car, good luck on your sale. I have had mine listed for a while, and I have just about decided to take it off the market and keep it. I have always liked your car.

martyb

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can vouch this car is MEAN. Even among a sea of red Gen. I's here in Austin, this one stands out. It's the reason I want an Autoform wing and why I want to lower mine! It's aggressive-looking as hell.

Good luck with the sale, Frog! Can't wait to see what you do to your GTS!

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice GEN1 Frog...I'm glad you put my old VEC1 to some good use!!

:) Thanks. It was cool to actually feel the difference with the VEC I, when tuning on the fly. Sure smoothes it out and makes it a little more responsive. I was a bit skeptical if I would feel anything at all, but it was a nice mod, not to mention the nice little dancing A/F gauge lights. :drive:

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll let it go for $26,950 if I swap the JL speakers with another brand, keep the amp, VEC Tuner, shift light, cone intake filters (swap back to stock filters)...

nkbrkr2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Am I missing something here??? How does a gen 1 with 400 horsepower at the flywheel stock go to 537 horsepower with a vec 1, filters, and Borla exhaust?? I think you have a nice car but your numbers are way off. You used a mutiplier of 80% drive train loss???? At the most there is a 30% loss more like 25%. If you have an 80% percent drive train loss you have alot more issues at hand, like your rear end is about to disintegrate! Do you have any dyno sheets?

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Am I missing something here??? How does a gen 1 with 400 horsepower at the flywheel stock go to 537 horsepower with a vec 1, filters, and Borla exhaust?? I think you have a nice car but your numbers are way off. You used a mutiplier of 80% drive train loss???? At the most there is a 30% loss more like 25%. If you have an 80% percent drive train loss you have alot more issues at hand, like your rear end is about to disintegrate! Do you have any dyno sheets?

My car went from 400HP at the flywheel to 410HP at the wheels with a VEC3, plugs/wires, cat delete/high-flow mufflers and K&Ns. It doesn't take much to wake up a Gen. I.

Frog used a multiplier of .8, which means the power at the wheels is 80% of what's at the crank; it's a 20% driveline loss, not 80%.

If you'd thought out your comments before posting you probably could have figured that out before looking like an idiot. A little simple math goes a long way, no?

nkbrkr2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are correct, I am wrong about the 20%, I read it wrong. Even at that I have a 96rt/10 and with 415hp stock. I have a vec2, cat delete, K&N filters, plugs/ wires and I no way think that it has 500HP. I have driven a SRT with 500HP and it is WAY different and more get up and go.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Frog based his number solely on math; the only way he could get an accurate reading would be to yank the motor and do an engine dyno, which is no fun for anyone.

Just go with it, man! Tell everyone you have a 500HP machine! Just leave off the whole "at the crank" part. :)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here we go again.

just let the guy post his car for sale, geez!

bump for a very nice Viper!

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wanna steal his wing and lowering springs but he ain't hearin' my rap.

Note to potential buyers; I'll totally take those off your hands if you're not feeling the added downforce of that Autoform wing or don't want to scrape up your fascia ;)

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big diff. between 12.1 and 11.9 and 115mph won't cut it.
But hey It looks good so ***.

As much as I had to ride the clutch and feather it out of the hole with hard tires... It better be in the 11's now, lol. The car deffenitely has a launch in it now with the good rubber on the rears.

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you!!!!

I will be lowering the price to $25,000 if anyone is interested. I will let it go for 25K with 18" GTS wheels, instead of the SSR's in the lpictures. I will also take off a few components like the VEC and shift light, but PRICE WILL NOW BE $25,000!!!

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just modified the ad to show the new price, so that may be why... Should be up to view soon, but probably tomorrow due to the holiday today. They aprove ads when changed and I just lowered the price, so it needs to be approved again. I do have all the info and can email it to you if you would like... pics too. [email protected]

-Paul