Hi everyone, just introducing myself...

Black Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My name is Mike and I'm 29. I've been lurking on this site for a while. Vipers have always been one of my dreamcars but I never imagined that I'd ever be able to afford one. My love for racing and high speeds led me to sportbike racing. I've tracked quite a few sportbikes (ranging from 750s to 1000s) at trackdays and races. After a few crashes my money ran out so I decided to enlist in the AF. I did a 6 year enlistment in the Air Force and I separated in December of '06. I got a decent job working as a DoD contractor on Fort Huachuca (Sierra Vista, AZ) and I worked there for about a year and a half. I'm now working as a civilian IT contractor in Iraq and for the first time in my life a Viper is within my financial reach. :headbang:

I've read about the Viper being discontinued in 2011 and my original plan was to try and get a 2011 model. However, lately I've been getting a bit worried that due to the sad state the economy is in, perhaps the Viper may be discontinued before then. I really want to get an ACR and the '09 Graphite ACR really gets my adrenalin flowin. I'm not sure how close the '09 ACRs are close to selling out but I'm looking to place an order in 3 or 4 months (perhaps I can place an order for a 2010 model?).

Crazy part is that I plan on working in the Middle East for about 3 more years so if I do get a Viper I'll have to store it until I return to the States for good. I think it'll be worth it because I really want a Viper ACR and I don't want to pass up this opportunity.:drive:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike welcome aboard. I can't really offer any advice on the ACR b/c I'm not qualified but good luck with it! Post pics once you make it official.

Reaction score
Whether they continue to build them or not (probably not), there will be plenty of opportunities in the future to purchase a low mileage ACR.
Therefore, I would wait until you return in a couple years, search for the right ACR, and make the commitment then.
There is too much uncertainty in the world and the economy to be worrying about buying a car to store it for a couple years.
Save your money now, and by the time you come back, you will be able to buy a beautiful house for the same price as a used ACR. LOL

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards! I am happy to hear you will be in a position to purchase your dream car soon! It is a great thing when you are finally able to accomplish one of your dreams!

In the meantime, keep planning and keep saving! The Viper brand is not going anywhere.:2tu:

Robert

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang there's a lot of yellow in this thread so far :D:2tu:

:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

Nice observation Stretch!:D

Really is a great color.....:D

By the way Mike, buy a YELLOW Viper. The factory specially tunes yellow cars to be just a bit quicker than all of the other colors!;):D

Robert

OP
OP
B

Black Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike welcome aboard. I can't really offer any advice on the ACR b/c I'm not qualified but good luck with it! Post pics once you make it official.
Thanks.

Whether they continue to build them or not (probably not), there will be plenty of opportunities in the future to purchase a low mileage ACR.
Therefore, I would wait until you return in a couple years, search for the right ACR, and make the commitment then.
There is too much uncertainty in the world and the economy to be worrying about buying a car to store it for a couple years.
Save your money now, and by the time you come back, you will be able to buy a beautiful house for the same price as a used ACR. LOL
LOL, you're probably right about the home prices! Maybe I'm worrying too much but I just want to make sure I can get the ACR I want (colors and options). Saving and waiting does make the most sense, but it may be hard to hunt down a used ACR with the same options I would've ordered.

Welcome to the boards! I am happy to hear you will be in a position to purchase your dream car soon! It is a great thing when you are finally able to accomplish one of your dreams!

In the meantime, keep planning and keep saving! The Viper brand is not going anywhere.:2tu:

Robert

Thanks, I will definitely keep saving. :2tu:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Over the years, even the RAREST model Vipers have come up for sale with some regularity. Since the 08-09 ACR is a huge hit, my bet is when YOU are ready, there WILL be a Viper for you.

So invest the $$ with little risk, and see you soon.............. Good Luck, and THANKS for your service.

OP
OP
B

Black Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the years, even the RAREST model Vipers have come up for sale with some regularity. Since the 08-09 ACR is a huge hit, my bet is when YOU are ready, there WILL be a Viper for you.

So invest the $$ with little risk, and see you soon.............. Good Luck, and THANKS for your service.

Thanks for the advice, you bring up some good points. More than likely I'll save and wait until I return to the States. There really is no good reason I should be in a rush to buy one just to throw it storage.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
....Thanks for the advice, you bring up some good points. More than likely I'll save and wait until I return to the States. There really is no good reason I should be in a rush to buy one just to throw it storage....

Im always talking people out of buying stuff! I think there is even a reverse-incentive in place that pays me $1000 to talk people OUT of buying a new Viper...Dont tell anyone!

{actully, if you can AFFORD to buy and store a new car(-wasted money-)the prices are good right now for those who are looking to buy and use.....}

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Mike, first of all, thank you for working as a civilian IT contractor, gotta be very difficult being there. Next, you could always contact our Viper Wizard: Chuck Tator of Tator's Dodge about purchasing/storing a Viper. tatorsdodge.msn or if you can call him 1-914-763-3136. We appreciate what you are saying about buying a Viper... and the uncertainty. Hope you DO get your Graphite ACR~!!! ALL our best...~mike & juli~

OP
OP
B

Black Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Mike, first of all, thank you for working as a civilian IT contractor, gotta be very difficult being there. Next, you could always contact our Viper Wizard: Chuck Tator of Tator's Dodge about purchasing/storing a Viper. tatorsdodge.msn or if you can call him 1-914-763-3136. We appreciate what you are saying about buying a Viper... and the uncertainty. Hope you DO get your Graphite ACR~!!! ALL our best...~mike & juli~

Thanks! I will give him a call to inquire about what I would need to do if I decided to go the 'buy it & store it' route. :2tu:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BlackMamba...Welcome aboard.......
Red is faster but.... Black is beautiful....:D.....Be safe over there :usa:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss