My Viper was STOLEN.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your car. I would be beside myself and do not know what I would be capable of if I were to catch the theives. I keep my keys to my cars locked in a safe.

Bruce

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
USAA insurance is a joke when it comes to Vipers. They have no clue what a Viper is nor do they know how to value it correctly. The one good thing about USAA is that they respond very quickly to a claim.

Sorry to hear about your stolen Viper. I certainly would feel violated for sure. Hopefully, the best case scenario is that the police find the thief, shoot and kill him and your car is return unharmed.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your loss, that really *****.
If you have 125k in mods you must have had a lot of upgraded parts.
What were they? If you list them here and over on the alley I would bet that people may recognize them if they see them on here or the alley or say ebay.
New wheels and tires, what kind? and if any of us see a brand new set for sale cheap we will be skeptical of if they are yours or not!!

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I aslo have heard that Jon B can be helpful in fighting with insurace companys over the value of a Viper, you may want to hook up with him if you need help.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have 125k in mods you must have had a lot of upgraded parts.
What were they? If you list them here and over on the alley I would bet that people may recognize them if they see them on here or the alley or say ebay.
New wheels and tires, what kind? and if any of us see a brand new set for sale cheap we will be skeptical of if they are yours or not!!

Great idea. I watch ebay daily for Viper parts, as well as there are other outlets that you mentioned. Unless the car leaves the country, then *** could you ever do with it?

Jonne

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Dude that sux :mad:. Sorry to hear about this! If nothing else was taken, and they just came in to took the car it was well planned. Definitely somebody who knew your car AND that you will be out of the state for awhile - think about who knew you were gone...mechanics, parts stores, etc. They will either part out the car, or it will be on it's way out of the country soon. :evilmad:

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, everything that needed to be said already was. find all of your receipts and hopefully you have tons of pictures to help you with the insurance company. My brother had his truck stolen a few years ago and after insurance settled with him he bought a new truck. a year later they found his truck under a carport in an apartment complex abandoned. your Viper would be much harder to hide. You have a right to feel ***** because that is what they did. I wish you the best.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear this. Really hard to lose something you put all the thought efffort and $$ into creating a one of a kind replica.
I think you should get really active yourself on a little detective work. Assuming you normally keep your garage door closed (If not the whole world is suspect) then you should think carefully about who has been at your house in the last year (the recent economic pain may have led someone with not so recent exposure to the car to think this up, hence the year time frame) Especially anyone who was doing work on the house, plumbers, electrician, handyman, landscape or grass mowers. I would check the online courthouse databases to see if any of them have records and then contact them all and ask them who they may have told about the car.
Also think carefully about friends who have been at the house and who they may have casually told about the car. I would compose an email to all of the latter and tell them about this and ask the question about who they may have told. THEN ask them if they can recall if the people they told inquired as to where you lived. Bingo, you may have your guy. A situation like this always revolves around someone who saw the car there or who HEARD about it from someone who might be a really good friend of yours and not know he was talking to a dirtbag capable of doing this. I would be creative as hell in a hurry with your own detective work as we know how few stolen cars are recovered and that thing will either be parted out or across the border in a big hurry. Actually I'm betting on the across the border scenario and I would also bet these idiots thought this was the REAL #91 car and therefore worth a half mill or so. And if they thought that it tends to make me think even harder about a friend of a friend cause that's the kind of bragging that might have happened as in "Hey, my buddy has a real GTSR".
So think hard about who you know who might BS like that and who might also hang with guys a little shady.
Good luck.
And absolutely you should talk to JonB about how to deal with the company in terms of value. He saved my butt when dealing with the insurance guys.

Last edited:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much would it cost to pay a detective to go to your house and nspect the crime scene, fingerprint everything ect... ?

best case, ths guy is an idiot and the car will turn up soon

worsed case, #91 is on its way overseas

i pray for your viper to be returned unharmed, -goodluck

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll keep my eyes open over here in the Katy area.

Post pictures of it so I can put it on the other local car forums here in the houston area.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EBAY too!

First-I am so sorry to hear what happened to you! No one could understand what it's like to have not only a car BUT a Viper like YOURS stolen until they experience it.

Second-Posting here is a good thing, now everyone in this community is on alert, somehow they are gonna need to break that car down to get the value back.

Third-I USED to be with USAA, I had a car stolen while I was in the Navy, they covered on it but the very next minor claim I had, they dumped me. I hope they will do you right:2tu:

Great idea. I watch ebay daily for Viper parts, as well as there are other outlets that you mentioned. Unless the car leaves the country, then *** could you ever do with it?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yikes! I'm currently building a home in The Woodlands, your area. What part of the Woodlands did this happen in? This is usually a low-crime area.

Tony

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yikes! I'm currently building a home in The Woodlands, your area. What part of the Woodlands did this happen in? This is usually a low-crime area.

Tony

i live in a very low crime area but made the mistake of leaving the garage door open and now someone is enjoying my new backpack blower :omg: (neighbors all have too much to want to steal, but a lot of contractos around during the day)

scumbag thieves

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg: Thats a fantastic looking car. I suggest that if they find whoever stole it, the Police let us deal with Him/Them, We could tie them to the back of the car and go on a 50 State cruse :mad:

I will post this up on our 'Piston Heads' web site in the UK

Lets hope we find it :mad:

Mark :uk:

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was on vacation out of state and a sheriff deputy calls me and says he is inside my house after a neighbor called reporting my front door was open for a long time and thought I was gone. Some piece of ---- kicked in my back door and searched for my Viper keys (99 GTS) in a drawer and then drove the car right out of the garage at night. I just spent 4k dollars last week on new wheels and tires plus all the updated fluids, etc. The car was pristine with only 11,000 miles and I have receipts for over 125k dollars on upgrades. Will see how USAA handles this but the car is not replaceable.

Sorry to hear that. Let us know how it works out with your insurance. I'm especially interested since I have been with USAA since 1978 and have my Viper insured through them.

Angela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so sorry that this happened to you. Hopefully the person(s) will be caught.

Angela

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let Jim and the Houston guys know. We here in Central Texas will keep an eye out as well!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mark, I hope you get it back..... Two weekends ago my father-In-laws Caddy STS was stolen from his garage. We got it back, 3 days and 400 miles awy, just like it was.... but dirty. No damage.

I hope enuf luck exists to touch you as well. I am concerned that the car was SELECTED and its in a container...............

And if we need to help with receipts, appraisals, etc.......you know where to call.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is horrible. Never heard of a Viper being stolen before. My insurance company forces me to keep a LoJack system on my car. I always ***** because of the money it costs as I always tell them who would be stupid enough to steal a Viper. Glad I have it now.

Just another word of caution - My neighbour was robbed at my old home. It looked like they only took all their valuable belongings from the home. Then they had the balls to come back the next evening and steal both their cars because with the belongings....they also took all their keys....to everything (even office) It gets worse...they also noted or took all their personal private information - SIN #, credit card statements, bank statements, passport, emloyers, etc. They stated getting charges on their cards, etc. It was horrbile. You have to change all your locks, change all your credit card numbers and bank accounts, inform creditors.

I would post this on several other forums - not just viper forums and ask the moderators or friends on the sites to send it to every other forum they can think of. It will spread like wildfire in a matter of hours.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would even post it on the Vette forums, they get alot of traffic and alot of those guys are very fond of the Viper.

93 Cobra R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to go on duty this afternoon, and I'll be patrolling on one of the major interstates in my area. We see a lot of traffic from Texas, so if I see anything, I'll let you know. :alert: :cop:

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn that makes me mad!!!!!! Sorry for what happened. Hope the burgler(s) are caught soon and your car is OK. Justice for them would have them be circumsized....................................with a chainsaw.