My Viper was STOLEN.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If not USAA, then who does have a clue?

No idea but Grundy seems to understand the value of Vipers even if I can't use it as a daily driver at least I know what I'll get paid IF the car is destroyed, stolen, etc.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uuugh! That's a sick feeling. Sorry to hear that happened. It sounds like someone knew whoe you were, what kind of car you had and when you were gone. I hope they catch the dickless piece of crap that would take a man's car and bring 'em to justice, at the end of a rope! Texas Style!

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss...... I will also be interested to see how USAA handles this. They cover all my vehicles. Good luck.... Don't give up on owning a VIper. It's a buyers market!

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to add to your dismay, but this is only the beginning of your aggravation and disappointment. Just wait until the scumbag is caught and our impotent justice industry gets hold of him.

Good luck. If he is caught post every bit of info you can get on him.
Thanks Chuck and I thank all of you great Viper owners for all your replys. I just found out that right after the guy stole my Viper he TOTALED the car and ran off into a culvert. The fire dept. had to cut the roof off to extradite him. I was told he went to the hospital before jail and only had a broken hand. Now I wished I did not have the roll bar in there! His name is Christopher Miller but I dont know him nor have I even heard of him. Harris County Houston sherrifs dept. found him. I just went to the salvage yard to sign off the car for USAA to pick it up but did not want to see the car. The manager said it was pretty bad. You can understand I hope and I have tears writing this as this car meant the world to me and I will miss it a LOT. LOCK your doors guys and many thanks. Mark.

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. That is terrible news. At least they caught the guy, and you know the grim whereabouts of your car. I think it would be a lot worse not knowing anything.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know some people will say its only a car but it looks like you put your heart and soul into it...Too bad the scumbag didnt kill himself...Good luck with USAA they insure our 4 cars......Kevin

Last edited:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I don't even know what to say. I'm really sorry for your loss. Some people just really **** at life. I hope they lock him up and throw away the key.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also very attached to my car, it would be like the loss of a family member.
Most cars will take you were you need to go, cars like these take us to a better place.
I plan most my recreation and most of my vacations around my car. Its brought great new friends into my life as well.

To hell with the people who say its just a car. I hope that you can find your way back.

Feeling for ya......

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope they lock him up and throw away the key.
I would want more than that to happen to the scumbag :dig:

Mark, so very, very sorry to hear this, I have seen the pics of your car and it was stunning :drive: Ive had some low times myself with cars :(, Time is a great healer, ( but you never forget);)

I wish you the very best of luck with all the insurance work ahead :2tu:

:uk: A FRIEND HERE

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck and I thank all of you great Viper owners for all your replys. I just found out that right after the guy stole my Viper he TOTALED the car and ran off into a culvert. The fire dept. had to cut the roof off to extradite him. I was told he went to the hospital before jail and only had a broken hand. Now I wished I did not have the roll bar in there! His name is Christopher Miller but I dont know him nor have I even heard of him. Harris County Houston sherrifs dept. found him. I just went to the salvage yard to sign off the car for USAA to pick it up but did not want to see the car. The manager said it was pretty bad. You can understand I hope and I have tears writing this as this car meant the world to me and I will miss it a LOT. LOCK your doors guys and many thanks. Mark.

Speechless....

But have some words for Mr. Miller.... :mad:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OMIGOSH, Mark, we both are SO VERY SORRY. I don't blame you for NOT wanting to see the car. That would just add cruelty and heartache to your already broken heart.
I DO understand, and am really just speechless as well...I don't know what to say or do...if I could do anything to help you, I would in a heartbeat.
Know that we care. ~mike & juli~

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you have any other details on the thief? We can make his life a living hell if we find out where he is. Christopher Miller is a common name but I'm sure one of these idiots on Facebook is him.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I cannot even imagine how you must feel.

I am sure that scumbag that stole it will get his. Hopefully he will rot in hell one day. :mad:

The only good thing about the whole situation is like everybody mentioned it is a buyers market. I am sure you will NEVER be able to replace yours but a good deal on a new one should help ease the pain a little.

Good luck, let us know what you decide. Maybe check with Bernie about one of his GT2 replica's. :dunno: Or a nice 08 would be nice too. Bernie does have an awesome 02 Graphite/Silver car that I would love to own. I also really like that Crystal Slate coupe he has. :2tu:

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, so sorry that is terrible.. I'm always paranoid about that too, I hide the keys in different places. But in the end, if someone WANTS your car, they are gonna get it.
Now if you have a LOJACK, it does help quite a bit with the recovery time, but nothing is foolprooof.

I hate criminals... but they always get theirs in the end, believe me I see it all the time

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So very sorry to hear this. I hope he gets what he deserves. Perhaps you will be able to find another viper that will bring you as much joy as that one did. Good luck.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My heart goes out to you man!! :rant:

I would find out if your homeowners policy picks up where your auto leaves off since the robbery took place at you residence. If you have an umbrella policy that may kick in here too. Just ideas.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have USAA too; let us know to what extend they compensate for total loss; I agreed they are a little lost on the Viper they have mine listed as a Viper R/T.....at issue is whether you they will give "replacement value" or prevailing value which is current wholesale. I presume they will not cover all the upgrades unless you had them listed as aftermarket equiped ....

MY600HP

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Mark - Very sorry to hear about your ordeal. I know you feel terrible right now but remember you still have your health, home and family. Maybe a nice new 2009 Coupe or ACR would help put a smile back on your face?

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far USAA has been a real hassle as they have been in the past with a claim. They stink except their premium costs. Since the theft I have been on the phone for hours with them and everytime I get another employee as they are on a rotary system. They will pick up the car in a couple of days from the salvage place and get back with me. I faxed them 94 yes 94 pages of receipts for up grades and a complete log book one inch thick plus the original window sticker. Yes, I loved this car and was very anal about records since the day I drove it off the lot. The purpose was to impress a future owner on how I care for a car of this sort. However the last driver of my car is in jail now, I hope. Your replys are VERY meaningful to me and are all taken to heart. Mark.

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark - Very sorry to hear about your ordeal. I know you feel terrible right now but remember you still have your health, home and family. Maybe a nice new 2009 Coupe or ACR would help put a smile back on your face?
Thank you very much for this reply, and your right, in fact I have been looking at 09 ACRs on line for the last 3 hours. I am soooo worn out mentally now and my key board is still wet with tears. I just wished this was a dream and I will awake from it soon. Thanks everyone again.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...I have been looking at 09 ACRs on line for the last 3 hours.

Hey. It looks like it's time to fire up the dumb and silly responses now that the official search is over.

I'll lead!

No, seriously, your "shopping" caught my eye. When I spanked both the driver side wheels on my '01 in Fort Worth nearly a month ago on the humongous lane divider bumps they like to plant near the bars, that following Monday I found the relief I needed.

I went shopping.

New wheels, new tires, new brakes. Damn that felt good to blow that cash after doing double ******* back flips on a Friday night cruise. It's better than any pill. Shopping...

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,

I obviously don't post much but from a fellow Woodlands viper owner that met you at viper days I feel for your loss. Good luck with USAA. I have them too and am currently looking to change to another insurer for mine. Let me know if there is anything a fellow member that lives around the corner can do.

Mike

jackblaha

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So far USAA has been a real hassle as they have been in the past with a claim. They stink except their premium costs. Since the theft I have been on the phone for hours with them and everytime I get another employee as they are on a rotary system.

Sorry to hear about USAA and your claim...I had a totally different experience when a kid ran a red light and totalled my vette... passenger sued ME for a cool million...from India... USAA defended me, got a good value for my car and even got their insurance company to get my deductible back.

They were a little lost on my GMC Typhoon...couldn't understand why a 16 year old Jimmy should be insured for so much, but been good on everything else

Really sorry for your loss...Jack

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth