mobil 1 all gone

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mobil 1 supplies are almost gone due to hurricane ike damaging a plant that introduces the additives

what are the dealers switching to in order to keep the warranty intact......

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can use any oil, or lube, that meets the OEM specs in your owners manual. The warranty will not be voided. Nowhere does it say you have to use Mobil 1 to keep the warranty intact. You have to follow the drain guidelines they state, but that's 2-3 times longer than what most run their oil.

Steve

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ooops sorry I might have used the last 16 qts yesterday when I changed the oil on both cars:)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Mobil One, really dont want anything else in the Viper. Should I go clean out wal-mart tomorrow?? I have noticed the price of the 5 qt. jugs has gone up to $26 as of a month or 2 ago

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The issue was a PAO base oil plant that was damaged. PAO is Mobil's choice for synthetic oil. The additives are purchased and introduced elsewhere.

It may be as hard, but maybe not impossible, to find Mobil Delvac 1, the synthetic diesel engine oil. It will be a 5W-40 (great for Viper) and will meet all the performance requirements and more. Follow-on choice would be any other synthetic diesel oil (Chevron Delo, Shell Rotella.)

Just remember why you see the "use Mobil oil" reminder on the oil fill cap - Mobil paid for the right to do so and aren't the only ones that earned it.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Farm and Fleet is also cleaned out. They had a special for $4.99 per qt and I was able to get a rain check. I did find some at Wally world and they matched the price. They did give me a little bit of a hassle as their computer had an 8 qt limit set on how much they could sell to one customer. Between the Viper and the Rover - I used up 20 qts last weekend.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem getting Mobil 1 at Murrays yesterday. Several cases still there of 0w-40

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to Wal-Mart today. They had one 5qt jug of 0w-40 and five jugs of 10w-30 high mileage. Since I'm a proud member of the 75k+ group, I bought 2 of the high mileage jugs. Would've bought 4, but I just did an oil change 2 weeks ago, so I'm ok for a while now.