Black w/ Red Stripe ACR - anyone have comprehensive photos?

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a writeup on the black w/ red stripe ACR in some magazine, and then went online trying to find comprehensive photos - but no luck. I realize it's a 'late release' color combo, but does anyone know where I might find good pics?

I've got a '97 B/W GTS and I think that's the best color combo ever, but I'm really stricken by the new ACR - and that black/red combo got my heart going. Might be time to try and figure out how to get one when I can :) TIA

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_1648.jpg
    IMG_1648.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 1of1ACR.jpg
    1of1ACR.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1671.jpg
    IMG_1671.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 79

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a writeup on the black w/ red stripe ACR in some magazine, and then went online trying to find comprehensive photos - but no luck. I realize it's a 'late release' color combo, but does anyone know where I might find good pics?

I've got a '97 B/W GTS and I think that's the best color combo ever, but I'm really stricken by the new ACR - and that black/red combo got my heart going. Might be time to try and figure out how to get one when I can :) TIA
I have an ACR black w/red stripes. I don't know how to post pics but if you will put your email address up I can send you the file.

OP
OP
M

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting that it has fog lamps - thought that was a no-way option. But, for Bob, I guess anything's possible :) Thanks for the pics!

The one I remember seeing that caught my eye was solid black with two red stripes - wide red stripe next to a pinstripe. I thought that looked incredibly cool and classy. Now, if they'd only offer it with the Connoly Leather option, that would be kick-butt. The Gen II GTS's with the Black/Connoly were just too cool for their own good. BTW - if you find pics and can send them via email, my address is mahlers-at-stanfordalumni.org.

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an ACR black w/red stripes. I don't know how to post pics but if you will put your email address up I can send you the file.

Hi Cheryl...I'm totally useless posting pics myself. When replying to a post, I hit 'advanced', then scroll down to 'manage attachments', then you can upload your pics, copy the link and post...no, it doesn't show a picture per se, but anyone can click the link, as I just did here. That's the only way I know how, other than to download into our media galleries, and copy from there. ~juli
(There are SO many people who can help you out, the moderators being just a few!)

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Cheryl...I'm totally useless posting pics myself. When replying to a post, I hit 'advanced', then scroll down to 'manage attachments', then you can upload your pics, copy the link and post...no, it doesn't show a picture per se, but anyone can click the link, as I just did here. That's the only way I know how, other than to download into our media galleries, and copy from there. ~juli
(There are SO many people who can help you out, the moderators being just a few!)
Thanks for the info Juli, I tried it but as usual my old computer locked up. I will try again later when I have more time to mess with it.

OP
OP
M

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK then - I'm smitten :) For whatever reason, I couldn't find the exact pictures that I saw in the hardcopy magazine that I read, but the pics from that ACR Picture thread were great. I still have it stuck in my head that the 2009 Black/Red model that they tested had two red stripes (one wide one pinstripe) but maybe I'm not remembering correctly. In any event, I'm going to get one! This car gives me the same feeling I had when I first saw pics of the '96 GTS - and way back then I ran to the dealer and put in my order. Had to wait for a '97, though, but I was still thrilled. Thanks for pointing me to the pics!!

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:eater:Here is the file of my black with red stripes '08 ACR.

Attachments

• Cheryl'sNewViperACR052308002.jpg
    Cheryl'sNewViperACR052308002.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Cheryl'sNewViperACR052308001.jpg
    Cheryl'sNewViperACR052308001.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Cheryl'sNewViperACR052308008.jpg
    Cheryl'sNewViperACR052308008.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 64
  • Cheryl'sNewViperACR052308007.jpg
    Cheryl'sNewViperACR052308007.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Cheryl'sNewViperACR052308006.jpg
    Cheryl'sNewViperACR052308006.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 64

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pictures of the 1 of 1 ACR owned by the current President of the VCA--Bob Carroll!
(Not totally black, but a 1 of 1 w/Venom Red)
(Taken at Orange County Choppers/Newburgh NY/September 2008. ~juli
:headbang:

http://forums.viperclub.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2513&stc=1&d=1228497480

http://forums.viperclub.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2514&stc=1&d=1228497535

http://forums.viperclub.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2515&stc=1&d=1228497583

Not 1 of 1 there have been others on Ebay...

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the fact that it has a vr drivers stripe. The red is the only other driver stripe available

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheryl,

Where the gold wheels replacements while you had Wheel Solutions paint your ACR wheels?
Those gold wheels are my Forgelines and I keep PS2s on them. They are 20 rear, 19 front so those are the only acceptable tires that fit. Yes I used them while Wheel Solutions painted the OEMs that I use for the track. I'll put them back on after Dec 20th when most of the track sessions are over for a little while, winter you know.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those gold rims are nice

You must be registered for see images attach

2262d1225743371-acr-dive-

OP
OP
M

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, now in a real world scenario, does that spoiler hit every road bump in existence? In my GTS, I cringe every time I hit a wallow or slump in the road at high speed because it's always accompanied by a nasty scraping sound (the same exact sound I heard in the Nurburgring video a ton of times). Just curious because I live on a road that twice recently tore up the suspension on my Kenne Bell supercharged Jeep Grand Cherokee (2" sway bars front, 1.5" rear, adjustable shocks, poly bushings everywhere, beefier springs, Stillen drilled rotors and race calipers/pads). And, that car is built for tough road conditions. I typically have to drive the GTS like it's a creampuff on that stretch of road and I can avoid the horrible sounds. That ACR spoiler, though, looks to be an expensive piece of OEM equipment, and I'd hate to put it through the shredder every time I leave my driveway. Not a deal killer, just curious to hear what everyone's experienced so far. I know that I was really surprised at how bad my GTS scraped on everything when I drive it the way it is supposed to be driven - but honestly, I can't see any real damage except for some minor wear at the bottom of the front spoiler. I guess I'd maybe have to just remove the ACR spoiler for good measure.

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have not scraped at all. I have a steep driveway and live in So Cal. Never had an issue. Just remember to take all dips at an angle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave