2009 SPEED World Challenge schedule

rickracer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any SPEED World Challenge fans out there? They''ve announced six of their 10 races for 2009:
3/18-20 Sebring Int’l Raceway
4/17-19 Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Los Angeles (GT)
6/22-25 Lime Rock Park
8/7-9 Mid-Ohio
8/14-16 Road America
10/9-11 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks as well; it will be interesting to see how the new management (Woodhouse, Cunningham etc) will increase the profile of this great series.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the post, as many of us are anticipating the coming season. It appears there may be 2-4 more races in the works at some super cool venues.

Oh the drama, oh the anticipation, oh would Winter just be over!!:2tu:

OP
OP
R

rickracer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya ... I can't wait for the 2009 season to start.

to help you through the winter check out some cool incar footage from the series including Brian Simo in the Woodhouse Viper.:)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctMIGimZfy0[/media]

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the post, as many of us are anticipating the coming season. It appears there may be 2-4 more races in the works at some super cool venues.

Oh the drama, oh the anticipation, oh would Winter just be over!!:2tu:
It would help get us all thru winter faster if the new PCU was cheap and ready to install before Christmas!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
Stupid question..... Are all the Speed Challenge races televised ?

Delayed usually. And usually aired maybe one weekend and once during the week. Kinda odd if you ask me, Speed's own series and they really do a horrible job programming. I log into the website and follow the realtime updates. In it's own way it is actually a bit more exciting than watching on tv.

Cadillac finally dropped out and I believe McCann bought the cars. I hated to see him go that direction as I was really hoping I'd no longer have to see those ugly pigs-of-a-car on the track. Nothing worse that watching a sports car race with some ugly four-door stinking up the field. I don't care how fast it is, sports cars have two doors, not four.

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real question is how the competition committee "levels the playing field" this year. Will they make the rules more or less favorable for the Viper???

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Latest schedule:

An additional July date will be added shortly.
2009 SPEED World Challenge Schedule

March 18 - 20
Sebring International Raceway (w/ALMS)
Sebring, Fla.

April 17 - 19
Grand Prix of Long Beach (w/ALMS & IRL)
(GT Only)
Long Beach, Calif.

May 15 - 17
Mosport International Raceway
(TC Double & GT)
Bowmanville, Ont. (Canada)

May 22 - 25
Lime Rock Park (w/Grand-Am)
Lime Rock, Conn.

July 24 - 26
Autobahn Country Club (w/Atlantics)
Joliet, Ill.

Aug. 7 - 9
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (w/ALMS & IRL)
Lexington, Ohio

Aug. 14 - 16
Road America (w/ALMS)
Elkhart Lake, Wis.

Sept. 23 - 25
Road Atlanta (w/ALMS)
Braselton, Ga.

Oct. 9 - 11
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (w/ALMS)
Monterey, Calif.

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Delayed usually. And usually aired maybe one weekend and once during the week. Kinda odd if you ask me, Speed's own series and they really do a horrible job programming. I log into the website and follow the realtime updates. In it's own way it is actually a bit more exciting than watching on tv.

Cadillac finally dropped out and I believe McCann bought the cars. I hated to see him go that direction as I was really hoping I'd no longer have to see those ugly pigs-of-a-car on the track. Nothing worse that watching a sports car race with some ugly four-door stinking up the field. I don't care how fast it is, sports cars have two doors, not four.

Thanks for the info.
I know I tried to do a season pass on Tivo last year and couldn't find a listing for it at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456