Heat Shield

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided it was time to upgrade my speakers so I changed out the side speakers and tweeters to some much better sounding Rainbow SLC230 5 1/4". Anyway when I was running the wires for the speakers and I took off the side sills, I noticed that the wires that were ran from the deck to the GPS unit were not covered and ran right over the side exhaust heat shield.

Last year Car toys installed my NAV unit and I am all but pleased about the work they did. There were a couple screws missing from some inside covers, and they didnt tell me the unit would not work wiith the stock amp until I went in to pick up the car. Well that was the last time I was going to let car toys touch my car.

So the wires running from the Unit to the GPS are not covered and running right over the side heat shield. Some of the wires are a little melted but I know they are going to get worse. I want to get some heat shield and insulate the wires in it. What are your guys recomendation of the kind I should get. I would like to get some local here and will call around some of the shops, but want your recomendation.

For those that are looking for better sound, these speakers are amazing. They were simple to install and now I can hear my music over my exhaust if I want. I like being able to have a choice of listening to my music or exhaust, and these will not dissapoint. Now I just need to get those dang wires covered. Thanks everyone

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that are looking for better sound, these speakers are amazing. They were simple to install and now I can hear my music over my exhaust if I want. I like being able to have a choice of listening to my music or exhaust, and these will not dissapoint. Now I just need to get those dang wires covered. Thanks everyone

Are those speakers direct fit? Or did you have to modify the openings? I'm currently looking at my options for upgrading the audio system in my GTS (which I understand uses the same size door speakers as the SRT).

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are a direct fit. No modifying at all. Even the stock screens fit right on them. My friend who installs custom systems always hears about the latest and greatest and recommended these. If you know anyone around that have these installed, go and listen to them. These sound much better than the kickers.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just went out and shot a couple pictures. You can see the uncovered wires actually right below the side exhaust heat shield. As you know it gets very hot there where the wires are laying.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a picture of the passenger side speaker. As you can see the look is stock.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R