Water on floorboard of passenger side

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello,

When I drive my '99 RT/10 in the rain (an offense to God, I know) the floorboard on the passenger side will get damp. I don't know if the gasket around the door is deteriorating to the point of allowing water in, or if there is some opening underneath that is causing it.

Anyone have, or hear of, a similar problem?

Thanks!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jack up the passenger side of the car. If you look underneath there is a place where a metal cap should be. If it is missing you will need to pull up your carpet & replace cap.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get in ur car and have someone hose it down on windshield and pass door,also heater box has a drain tube that drains h20 from ur a/c evap core when its in use,if it gets plugged from outside debree(does it sometimes sit under a tree?)it may be plugged(the drain tube)it collects debree from the cowl fresh air intake.just a thought..

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks, will do.

Is there a cap on the driver's side, as well, so I have something to compare it to, or will there be an obvious gaping hole?

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine does this as well after I wash it
water gets down in the outside air vent and comes out the passenger floor vent - and super-heated! (my GF was pissed when boiling hot water poured on her leg one night)
I guess my drain tube could be plugged

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine does this as well after I wash it
water gets down in the outside air vent and comes out the passenger floor vent - and super-heated! (my GF was pissed when boiling hot water poured on her leg one night)
I guess my drain tube could be plugged

if that is the case(not to say-but good chance)a quick fix is to stick something up the drain tube,to totally cure it(because it will come back)serious dissasemble and cleaning of cowl and heaterbox is required.:mad:

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The foam under the hood,passenger side,under the windshield that goes around the heater hoses is gone or rotted away. Put a towel on the passenger side floor and pour some water on top of the heater core box. If it drains on the towel time to refoam.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There might be nothing wrong. (besides a poor design)

If the volume of water entering the airbox exceeds the capacity of the drain tube to drain the water, it will overflow into the passenger footwell. Many that attended VOI7 fully understand this phenomenon.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dried out foam (acting as a faux gasket) around the heater core ******* on the footbox does dry out. It can be "repaired" with windshield silicone glue, a very, very runny version of silicone glue. It will wick into the old foam and reseal it well. I know this to be true....