Vendor Review Forum

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too funny! :D And yes Kevan, thank you very much for the suggestions on feedback formats, etc. Sorry it took us a little while to get around to it... :2tu:
Nah..no worries.
Just wish I'd known it was a test area before I typed all that stuff out....then watched it get sent to electron heaven when the *real* version went up. LOL

You folks need to give the props to Y2K5SRT for the Review section.
It's a cool idea, and in time will (hopefully) become a great database of information on who has the right gear or service for your ride.
It'll be cool to watch it grow.

OP
OP
Marv S

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Just wait until you see the bill for the hours that Y2K5SRT put in to implement just your suggestions. You know that he's got your address.

It is a great value add for the site vendors and site members.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AGREED! KUDOS to all (KEVAN included! :2tu:)..and thank you Marv for starting this thread! We really need to keep in mind that all of the moderators/administrator do these things FOR us, and on their OWN time...truly we are grateful. :headbang: ~juli

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am happy for the (revised) Review section, but I am curious that it is not a stand-alone forum. Currently it is placed atop the named forum:
New Products, Supplier Specials, and Group Buys
[This where we paying sponsors purchased the privilige of hawking our wares.] As it is laid out now, a viewer must scan down, down, down, down, thru 20+ threads on Vendors in order to even get to the MAIN TOPIC of the forum! In my opinion, this dilutes the presence and impact of the only PAID forum on the site

And, Vendor Reviews are not even mentioned in the forum title.......

I would prefer that OUR SUPPLIER SPECIALS threads are Priority 1, at the top of that forum;
Group Buys below that;
Vendor Reviews below that; .............or in their own forum.
Sound reasonable?

Another strange element to this unique split forum: The "VIEWS" counts are waaaay off! When you see the thread outlines , it shows XX #. **-Hum. But when you click ON the thread, there are many hundreds of views! Howcum?

Last edited:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am happy for the (revised) Review section, but I am curious that it is not a stand-alone forum. Currently it is placed atop the named forum:
New Products, Supplier Specials, and Group Buys
[This where we paying sponsors purchased the privilige of hawking our wares.] As it is laid out now, a viewer must scan down, down, down, down, thru 20+ threads on Vendors in order to even get to the MAIN TOPIC of the forum! In my opinion, this dilutes the presence and impact of the only PAID forum on the site

And, Vendor Reviews are not even mentioned in the forum title.......

I would prefer that OUR SUPPLIER SPECIALS threads are Priority 1, at the top of that forum;
Group Buys below that;
Vendor Reviews below that; .............or in their own forum.
Sound reasonable?

Another strange element to this unique split forum: The "VIEWS" counts are waaaay off! When you see the thread outlines , it shows XX #. **-Hum. But when you click ON the thread, there are many hundreds of views! Howcum?

Done, done, and done. Well, not necessarily in that order. I wasn't sure how to "recreate" the counts and didn't want to risk knocking them all out. So here is what you have now:

sponsor.jpg

Enjoy! :santa2:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is there a plan to do a vendor review for other dealerships? I see Woodhouse and Tators in the list.

We will add new dealerships as they become sponsors. So in this case I will go add BJ Motors, Tomball Dodge, and Max Motors. Sheesh, what a slacker!

OP
OP
Marv S

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Very nice Chris. This is a value add item to the site - big time - both for vendors and for site users. An easy place to look over some reviews, contact info for the vendor is right there all packaged in one spot to provide for a quick and easy, yet comprehensive resource. Nice.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Done, done, and done. Well, not necessarily in that order. I wasn't sure how to "recreate" the counts and didn't want to risk knocking them all out. .............

Very nice Chris. This is a value add item to the site - big time - both for vendors and for site users. An easy place to look over some reviews, contact info for the vendor is right there all packaged in one spot to provide for a quick and easy, yet comprehensive resource. Nice.

AGREED ! Thanks for the revised-display....and for how FAST you acted on a 1-man suggestion. I hope the feeling is mutual, that it is now easier and faster to see and select what you want from that forum..

Thanks.

(I just renewed my ads for 2009)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets