Childrens Miracle Network

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few of us had the opportunity to visit the Janet Weis Childrens Hospital in Danville Pa on Tuesday, we met with our contact person Sherry from the Childrens Miracle Network, who provided us with a tour of the entire facility. It is a beautiful facility which at the moment is unfortunately filled to capacity. It is a heart wrenching experience to see all the children from infant to 18 years of age, many of which will be spending their holidays in the hospital. It really puts into perspective how trivial most of the things we worry about are when you see these children literally fighting for their lives. We were able to donate toys and make a small donation from the club for which they were very grateful, my hope is that we can increase our donation to them next year as they make the most of every dollar they receive.

DSC02819.JPG

DSC02816.JPG

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the photos and the nice write up Carmen. We know the donation to CMN will be used to purchase items needed in the hospital. We also donated 12 stuffed animals, 4 remote controlled Vipers and 8 2-pack sets of Vipers. These toys will definitely put smiles on a few faces during the holidays. We would be remiss if we didn't thank all of those that purchased 50-50 tickets and made other donations to make this visit possible. :2tu:

Happy Holidays!:santa2:

Denny & Ginger

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. I am very glad our region is involved with the Children's Miracle Network. Although it was a good experience to visit the facility, I can't even imagine how heart wrenching it must have been.

Happy Holidays to all!

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wanted to thank you for what the local club does. I am very proud of how the officers run the local chapter and I am impressed with the Viper community how they do not hesitate to donate when it comes to our auctions at Chrysler at Carlisle car show and all the other fund razing that is done. It’s a shame what these children have to endure. They are fortunate to have clubs like ours to support them. 2008 was a challenging year when it comes to the economy and to see this level of donation which came from our members is something we can all be proud of.

EVERYONE: Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets