Joined VCA Today!

Hot-Rod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joined VCA Today! I signed up online and used pay pal. We purchased the 04 black Mamba in October and there is nothing else like it!.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM your vin # to one of the mods on here and get updated to Viper owner. Welcome to the VCA!!:2tu::headbang:
Got a call into VCA HQ to verify everything and should have Tom ready to go.

Tom - Welcome to the greatest car club on earth! I think you will be especially thrilled with the Motor City Viper Owners, the local VCA chapter. They are one of the most active in the country. Congrats on your new ride and don't forget to add your VIN to your profile (which stays private) and we will get you at least upgraded to Viper Owner until your VCA member number is assigned.

Again, welcome aboard! :2tu:

Chris

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI: Today I renewed online.?? :confused: A couple of things I noticed were that first, you have to search around a bit to locate the renewal site :dunno:; second, space for my VIN, for some reason, wouldn't allow me to put in all the VIN characters :nono:; and third, you can use paypal, but only if paypal takes it right out of your checking account :omg:. The option you have on ebay is that paypal allows you the choice to have paypal take it from your visa or your bank account. You decide. Therefore I used my credit card. When I did so it told me it knew I had paypal and recommended I use it. I over rode that suggestion.:mad: This area needs to be changed to allow this paypal choice to be made. I think there should be a permanent and conspicuous place in the forum for joining and renewing membership to the club.:drive: I worked the VIN space everyway I could and finally got all but the first character or two in it. Hopefully, my membership got renewed. I guess "time will tell".:dunno:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
please excuse my not knowing,can u just pat your vca president and he can hook u up?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
please excuse my not knowing,can u just pat your vca president and he can hook u up? ......or pay ur vca president if he doesnt want a pat

No.

HISTORY: Some (many) PASSIONATE VOLUNTEER VCA Presidents, historically proved crummy at taking money, accounting for it promptly, and sending a correct portion timely to HQ. They were great at events, passion, tech support, etc.......but not necessarily accounting and reporting ! A few were GOOD, many were not. We love VIPERS, not accounting.

So, old VCA founder-Officers begged JRThompson to process orders and credit cards professionally for the regions and send the REGIONS the money. JRT is contracted by VCA to handle membership processing. This provides a fairly consistant level of service across all USA-50 State regions.

Exception: I believe that due in part to currency exchange issues, INTERNATIONAL Members still sign up or renew in-region....... Im sure someone can elaborate if this is NOT still correct. {Your blank profile does not say where you are......}

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI: Today I renewed online.?? :confused: A couple of things I noticed were that first, you have to search around a bit to locate the renewal site :dunno:; second, space for my VIN, for some reason, wouldn't allow me to put in all the VIN characters :nono:; and third, you can use paypal, but only if paypal takes it right out of your checking account :omg:. The option you have on ebay is that paypal allows you the choice to have paypal take it from your visa or your bank account. You decide. Therefore I used my credit card. When I did so it told me it knew I had paypal and recommended I use it. I over rode that suggestion.:mad: This area needs to be changed to allow this paypal choice to be made. I think there should be a permanent and conspicuous place in the forum for joining and renewing membership to the club.:drive: I worked the VIN space everyway I could and finally got all but the first character or two in it. Hopefully, my membership got renewed. I guess "time will tell".:dunno:

Hmm...I renewed today via Paypal using http://vipermagazine.com/vca/vcamembership.html. I used my credit card option on PayPal and was able to enter my full VIN. PayPal gave me my choice using my PayPal default account (CC) or bank account. It never forced me one way or another. Overall it was pretty painless and easy. :2tu:

Last edited:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to renew online but there is no field to enter other vin numbers so I just faxed the form as always. Stupid internet is good for nothing:D

V

Venomiss

Hmm...I renewed today via Paypal using http://vipermagazine.com/vca/vcamembership.html. I used my credit card option on PayPal and was able to enter my full VIN. PayPal gave me my choice using my PayPal default account (CC) or bank account. It never forced me one way or another. Overall it was pretty painless and easy. :2tu:

Please remember to renew if you haven't already and keep in mind that JRT will be out of the office this week on January 1st and January 2nd for the holiday.

It's December 30th already!:)

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello! just renewed at Venom level. sorry i let my past membership lapse. how long does it take before we are active so we can log in the members only section?

V

Venomiss

Since they are off for the holiday give them a call next week for a membership number.
The cards and things they send in the mail they say to give 4-6 weeks.
(They do them in batches).

Welcome!

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since they are off for the holiday give them a call next week for a membership number.
The cards and things they send in the mail they say to give 4-6 weeks.
(They do them in batches).

Welcome!
cool and thank you. also thank everyone for this thread, i could not figure out how to sign up online to save my life! there out to be a section just for "how to join the VCA" it would only make sense, to have that to support this great site!??

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V

Venomiss

cool, i have a 2000 gts and a new 08 coming from Ringgold dodge. a buddy and me bought ours together. how can i get my access to the members only site so we can print our customer referrel certificates?

You will need to get your membership number from JRT. Call them on Monday.:)
1-800-998-1110. Ask for Beth or Kim.

Once they give you the membership number then PM one of the moderators here:
Lee00blacksilverGTS, Big-n-Italian, CitySnake, ViperTony, or Leslie.

and be sure to put the membership number in your profile. They will get you access to the VCA members only section so you can print out a referral.

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score

and be sure to put the membership number in your profile. They will get you access to the VCA members only section so you can print out a referral.
GREAT! thank you so much!

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thanks, talked to Kim today. she just reactivated my old VCA number.
i sent a PM to the guys above you mentioned, just waiting to hear back from them.
thanks again for your help!
my new '08 from Ringgold will be here Wednesday!:D

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks, talked to Kim today. she just reactivated my old VCA number.
i sent a PM to the guys above you mentioned, just waiting to hear back from them.
thanks again for your help!
my new '08 from Ringgold will be here Wednesday!:D
bump.....
pm'd everyone..........
just waiting..........;):D:D

V

Venomiss

bump.....
pm'd everyone..........
just waiting..........;):D:D

They have to check your number manually with JRT -don't know which moderator that you PM'ed with your information so I put a word in for you with two of them.;)

It's all volunteer so be sure and thank them when they get you going!:2tu:

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have to check your number manually with JRT -don't know which moderator that you PM'ed with your information so I put a word in for you with two of them.;)

It's all volunteer so be sure and thank them when they get you going!:2tu:
thank you, look forward to it, and i appreciate their time and efforts in making the VCA what it is!:D

OP
OP
H

Hot-Rod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OVER 30 days now with no contact, no member number, no Magazine, no new access on the forum, ZERO how long should this take

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OVER 30 days now with no contact, no member number, no Magazine, no new access on the forum, ZERO how long should this take

Well, first of all you need to private message your VIN# to the moderators to upgrade yourself to VIPER OWNER. (kcobean, y2k5srt, lee00blacksilvergts) They don't know your VIN# til you message them to upgrade you (it will be kept private). As for your membership, you can call 1-800-998-1110, see what the status is of your membership. I'd think by now you have a VCA Membership # that you can also forward to the moderator, to upgrade you fully to VCA MEMBER, or whatever you want that part to say (like me: NY/CT VCA Member). Your magazine may be the next issue coming out...which would be the Spring issue '09....but you can ask if you can get the Winter '09 (yep, they labeled it '09!) issue when you call.
Hope this helps? LET US KNOW! :cool: That's what we are here for! :) ~juli

V

Venomiss

Have you PM'ed any moderator and filled out your profile yet?

Make the call like Juli said to the 800 number(Detroit time) and keep in mind there were a few days off for the holidays since you joined on December 19th you said.:)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, we got part of it (finally) taken care of! Your membership package and first issue of VIPER magazine shouldn't be too far off. In the meantime be sure to enjoy your new VCA Member status and sorry it took so long to appear here on the forums.