Spark plug gap for LFR7AIX

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't find my notes for the spark plug gap on my Striker heads. I called Dan Craigin and got a range, but I'm baffled by my existing gaps. I tried Jeff Mory's for the past couple of weeks but I just can't seem to get a hold of him. Anyone know for a fact what your running gap wise on your Gen II Strikers? NGK LFR7AIX, please no guessing. Thanks

OP
OP
C

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got a call from Jeff. Leave them alone, as in do not re-gap. My existing gaps were correct afterall.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are iridium plugs. don't re-gap iridiums!

If that plug isn't cold enough, go to the Denso ITV27. That's what most folks w/ the striker's run.

OP
OP
C

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately I had already gapped them, mind you very carefully. I pulled them back out and gapped them back down to 28 thousandths. I checked each plug under a magnifying glass to insure no damage was done. The Denso plug is a new one to me, thanks.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately I had already gapped them, mind you very carefully. I pulled them back out and gapped them back down to 28 thousandths. I checked each plug under a magnifying glass to insure no damage was done. The Denso plug is a new one to me, thanks.

It's only $12 a plug. ;) It's also what the TT cars run w/ strikers.

enjoy!

OP
OP
C

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The funny thing is, the first set of plugs on the car cost something like $1.10/plug. They were Champion something or other, now ONE plug costs as much as the whole set. I managed to eliminate the ONLY cheap item on the car!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R