Coupe vs. Vert

Vip23er

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I currently own a 2003 Silver Vert. I was never a big fan of convertibles, but when this car was for sale, I had to get it. It was 5 years old with only 3000 miles and I knew the person who bought it new. So, here is where I need some help. Is the coupe that much greater. The thing I dont like about the vert is the little rattles and creeks you here. Does the coupe also do this? I have looked at getting the hardtop for mine to have that coupe look and then I still have the fun of the top off when I want. Thoughts? Does the hardtop for the vert get rid of some of those little annoying noises and wind noise?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just prefer the looks of the coupe. I am not a fan of any convertible, but I like the idea of the alternate removeable hard top.

Bruce

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it seems your more of a coupe guy than a conv,here in so cali a conv is a must imo,the coupe does look awsome but when its sunny and your in the coupe and you see a vert you might think twice.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also adding a rear spoiler will give you the coupe look ... the vert with the top down and an autoform spoiler is hot... i need to take a pic with the vert top down...

the rattles and creeks are part of a viper imho but they are hard to hear with the top down; impossible to hear on an 08 with headers

b61.JPG

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Best way to decide is to go to the SRT Driving Experience and drive the two back to back. My girlfriend (who is a coupe fanatic) and I both agreed the vert was twice the fun @ Charlotte.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 04 doesn't rattle at all. In fact the viper is much tighter than the 911 I owned prior. Put some lubricant in the top joints as well as the windsheild weather striping and holes for the top pins.

I currently own a 2003 Silver Vert. I was never a big fan of convertibles, but when this car was for sale, I had to get it. It was 5 years old with only 3000 miles and I knew the person who bought it new. So, here is where I need some help. Is the coupe that much greater. The thing I dont like about the vert is the little rattles and creeks you here. Does the coupe also do this? I have looked at getting the hardtop for mine to have that coupe look and then I still have the fun of the top off when I want. Thoughts? Does the hardtop for the vert get rid of some of those little annoying noises and wind noise?

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion the coupe looks much more aggressive. A rear spoilier for the vert makes a nice difference, without something back there it looks much like a Chrysler Concord.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think the verts look killer with factory aero groupe :usa:

AirJock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Verts are just more fun. Ive always tried to buy a hardtop vehicle but just cant do it. Every car Ive owned since I was 16 has been a vert. Yeah they can be a pain in the butt when it comes to noise, leaks, and when you have to replace the top. But with the top down, smelling the air, feeling the wind, and listening to your exhaust note, its all worth it.

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hardtop does squeak when it's on. Putting silicone on contact points stops most of them. It's not as solid or quiet as the coupe, but it is a nice alternative. It's funny, the only people who know the top comes off are Viper owners or true car enthusiast.:usa:

cbarber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love my 2003 Vert. It doesn't rattle top up or down. I love an open air motor car. Put the top down and smoke those tire ! :)

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to get an 08 Coupe for all the practical reasons: better track car, more trunk space, better roll over protection, nicer looking rear end, flashy racing gas cap, ..... but ended up getting a great deal on a Vert in mid sept. I've put 2,600 miles on it before storing it for winter and most of the driving was top down, untill the cold set in and was forced to drive it with the top up. I then realized I was missing much of the excitment of open air driving, better exhaust note, better visibility but more important and hard to describe is a feeling of being thrown back to the years when cars were simple with big roaring engines and a sense of exclusivity driving the ultimate sports car. I simply love it!
Claude

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1
I fell in love with going *******!:D
Had no idea what I was missing. It got to the point I didn't even want to drive if it wasn't nice enough to do it with the top dropped. Don't notice any rattles, but with the top up I sure notice the sh_t-kickin the car takes over rough Canadian roads.:mad:

OP
OP
V

Vip23er

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Based on the picture above Wallbanger, I will never buy anything ever again if it is not a Vert.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have had the 2005 black vert and now the 2008 vert...and are thinking of getting a hardtop for it. We don't drive as a convertible much, so yeah, we'd have preferred the coupe...the vert just looks so BADASP with the top down and visors removed~!
That spoiler looks awesome wallbanger, and your pics are always awesome anyway!~! ~juli

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vert for me and the wife. We love the wind in the hair and the openess of a vert. Our first vert is an '03 and haven't had the top up for well over a year. Also tomorrow our new'08 vert [aero] is being delivered from Tomball [Ben Keating] and our pristine '96GTs coupe is leaving for Texas.

Eagles

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have both a vert (2004) and a coupe (2008 ACR). I love them both.

Of course the ACR is a much better track car but nothing beats the vert on a warm summer evening.....

My wife prefers the coupe - it seems 'more solid' to her. I prefer the looks of the coupe but I really like rolling with the top down. If it's a hot summer day the vert is a workout - too freak'n hot!

I don't think you can go wrong either way - but for my money go with the vert.

Greg

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The coupe is for sure a better looking car. However, I have grown beyond the look of things and enjoy the driving experience. Driving with the top down with more than 500hp is just a great experience rivaled only by a sportbike.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950