"New member" introduction and WTB '96 - '97 GTS

onemile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi

I'm a long time reader of this board (7 years?) and even registered some time ago, but haven't had the reason to post. I should say this board is very good, not too much BS and lot of useful information and passion towards the main topic - Vipers.

First short introduction - I'm living in Europe and English is not my first language, sorry for any mistakes. The reason to be here is obviusly because of my interest towards Vipers, have always wanted to own one, but because of time and budget constraints and too many other cars to enjoy, it's still on my to-do list.

I have been lucky to enjoy several fast cars over the years and today my stable includes '92 911 Turbo

[media]http://kingpool.mailer.ee/tqhq/newton/IMG_9858.jpg[/media]

and for cruising this '69 Camaro SS

[media]http://kingpool.mailer.ee/tqhq/newton/mIMG_0214.jpg[/media]

I'm also owning two BMW's, both are roadrace cars. E36 325 I'm racing in national championship and E30 M3, which I'm in the process to build for Nürburgring. This is how it looked at the day when I bought it:

[media]http://kingpool.mailer.ee/tqhq/M3/m3%20808.jpg[/media]

I did about 200 TF laps there in another car last summer and now thinking about participating in some R-C-N races next season, or at least do plenty of TF laps again. I love this place, although it's quite scary time-by-time, especially when wet.

Ok, so I'm fortunate enough to be on buying side of the market during these times. Not much choice in Europe, so have to look also towards US market. Have had plenty of time to investigate the Viper world and how I fit in there ? So I'm decided what I want:

'96 - '97 GTS, stock or minimal mods and strong preference is towards B/W. Don't care about extremly low miles, up to 30 is ok - I will be driving this car. But condition is important, it needs to be well kept and near flawless, both cometically and technically, of course considering the mileage and age of the car.

I'm not interested about RT and I'm limited to '96-97, newer cars without EU type approval should pass noise test during importation and II gen cars are not able to pass, because of too high mechanical noise from engine.

My budget is $35 k., but I can stretch to 40 k. in case of really desireable car. I hope I'm not dreaming here ? I'm not in hurry, but when decided, can do the deal immideatly.

Actual buying process will be taken care by people whom I trust, one is based in Miami FL and another in NY area. They are sourcing the cars from US and I hope their general experience of buying cars, together with my checklist for Viper, which I have put together using this forum, will be good enough. So preferrably cars should be within reasonable distance from those areas.

I'm keeping my eye on e-bay, autotrader, classifieds here and other sources, but I'm also open to direct offers or suggestions by VCA members.

Hopefully I can find what I'm looking for and use it properly next summer - pedal to the metal !:drive:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nürburgring? your lucky :)

i was just racing that track over and over last night

GrandTurismo4 on my PS2, lol:)

goodluck onemile, hook up with your VCA region and get a few connections/references. This may help speed up the process of trying to get someone to send their viper over to you.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ONEMILE:

Dont be afraid to ask anyone here to CHECK OUT a car in USA (or elsewhere) you may locate

Example: I know and can vouch for the JOE HOUSS Car 'you have mail' about.... a good deal, with some recent good mods.

You may want another one inspected elsewhere. JUST ASK, and GOOD LUCK ! We have a very active club in Germany and Switzerland if that helps you, we can provide contacts for events and advise.

Auf Nimmerwiedersehen und Hals- und Beinbruch

Johan Brobst (JonB)

OP
OP
O

onemile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for support and I have already received couple of good offers from VCA members. Lets see how it works out ?

Venomiss - sorry, I'm looking for close to stock cars and not interested in F/I motors. I can't legalise such mod here and local TÜV is too strict. Emissions are also an issue.

Johan, I don't live in Germany, just visit it often during summertime, in order to visit Ring and enjoy the high speed driving on autobahns. If it happens, that I get the snake and bring it over to Nürburg, then sure I will check out what local Viper fans are doing, although my German is very weak. I remember seeing Viper gathering in Switzerland in 2007 and yes, there were quite many cars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456