PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zed Sump,

You can renew online at Dodge VIPER Magazine

(Message sent on behalf of Kim Vogt)

Hi Zach,
Renewal time again: entered my details on VIPER MAGAZINE
this time and the premium has become the full USA resident amount, despite entering UK region (which was something like $45 last year). Are all VCA members worldwide charged the same amount now?...or should i direct my application via the UK region Sec? nb. my magazines are sent directly from USA HQ, but the newsletters come from the UK Region President

Thanks
Peter

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Peter,

International registration changed this year requiring that you sign-up through your regional president. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Zach

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea Zed you have to go through Paul now, but i dont think he's to happy about the extra work thats been created for him, he didnt know anything about this either a few days ago as the VCA hadnt informed him...

luckily most of the UK bunch had already sent their funds off before the change in the registration process, so it shouldnt be to hard this year for Paul, with just a few stragglers left to sort out

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hello,

The Membership Processing Policy simply made things consistent. International regions, with very few exceptions, collect full dues from their members (a portion for the region and portion for national) . The international region then sends a portion of those dues, along with a list of the corresponding names, to National for inclusion as a VCA Member. The funds sent to National (JRT) go in most part to Viper Magazine, etc. costs.

Confusion occurs when some international members contact National directly to join or renew - but in the past national would only collect the "national portion" and not any of the international region portion. That left it to the international presidents to collect their region dues separately and figure out who was even a VCA member in their area. Maybe the person only paid the region and not national. Maybe the person paid national but not the region. Which are permitted to attend club events? Not easily manageable. In some cases people would use this tactic to pay a national portion directly to become a VCA member and never pay any dues toward the region.

If the international regions are collecting funds for their region (to cover their own mailings, events, etc.) it is not much more effort to collect for the national portion at the same time.

International presidents asked for national to assist with this inconsistent application of the membership process at a prior board meeting and in the Officer's/Presidents forum and the national business office (JRT) was asking for direction on what to do when the inquires came in. The board reviewed the situation and voted only recently on the Membership Processing Policy - January 21, 2010. Since then the policy has been posted in the Officer's/Presidents forum and a follow up e-mail with the policy went out to the international presidents.

The far majority of international members will not be impacted by this at all. For those members that are the process is simplified as it means they will only be sending in 1 payment for membership (to their region) rather than 2 payments (one to their region and another to national). The regions are strengthened by making things easier and preventing members from cutting the region out of dues monies.

I hope that conveys some understanding of this policy.

Marv S.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4