VCA magazine and membership

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I know that...
"Call JRT right now-1800-998-1110 ask for Beth or Kim."

However, from across the pond I cannot call the 800-number...

---:D---

1. Renewed for 2009 as a VENOM and international member.

2. Received the fall magazine a few days ago from the Swiss VCA (member until 2008).

3. I will not pay the premium fee (US$ 192) for being a Swiss VCA member additional to the VCA VENOM fee in 2009. See here:
http://forums.viperclub.org/vca-members-only/620608-renewal-time-2.html

=> My question to VCA headquarter is:

Do you send me the winter (2008/2009) magazine and subsequent magazines directly?

P.S.: The Swiss president Phil told me that he (!) thinks that I will get the magazine direct from the US.

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ViperGTS,

The winter issue of Viper magazine will be mailed direct to Swiss members.
Distribution on subsequent issues has not been resolved yet. As soon as we determine that, I will post the info.

Thanks,
Zach

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
kevin96rt,

Please PM me your name/address info and I will have this looked into.

Thanks,
Zach

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://forums.viperclub.org/2637172-post29.html
Hoping to help a fella out here! ~juli
Thanks Venomiss also!

Thanks for highlighting my post M& Juli!..and thanks for redirecting Venomiss :)
My original enquiry:

Just to be clear... should i expect a membership renewal form in the post/ by email or should i contact a club officer to indicate my renewal intention? Became owner in sept/07, became member immediately and was given end of the 07 membership free (thanks!), so assume my 08 membership has expired on 31/dec/09...but then i've just received the latest 'winter 2009' mag!??..with no renewal form. Please let me know, thanks ;)

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am waiting for the 2008/2009 winter mag...;)

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mag arrived today - directly from the US - Thanks a lot!

V

Venomiss

I picked up a magazine for a fellow member who was having trouble.:):)
If anyone is having trouble or has not received their magazine please post here or call JRT direct at 1-800-998-1110.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after renewing for Overseas Venom membership 'online'

Sorry to say things have not gone smoothly :(

I have sent emails to Kim, and she told me she would sort things out, but today I received a new membership card with a new membership number saying member since 09!!!! Also my postal address printed on the envelope is now not correct, the postal town is missing and the zip code is wrong!!!

I have sent Kim another email today, will wait to see what happens :dunno:

:uk:

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Fatboy 18,

I will look into this matter myself and resolve. Please send me a private message with your name/ address info.

Thank you,
Zach

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Fatboy 18,

Our records reflected two entries under your name which resulted in the incorrect badge/number being issued. The records have been corrected and a new badge is being produced. You should recieve in in approx. three weeks. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Zach

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No need....I was able to determine the info working with Kim. I believe she sent you an email with the same info.

Take care,
Zach

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>ViperGTS,
The winter issue of Viper magazine will be mailed direct to Swiss members.
Distribution on subsequent issues has not been resolved yet. As soon as we determine that, I will post the info.
Thanks,
Zach<<<
----------------------------------------------
ZACH!

Problems again! I am tired of all the problems.........:rolleyes:

Received a letter from VIPER MAGAZINE that my subscription is hissstory! And, I have to renew immediately!

I did not receive another magazine after the Jan-2009 magazine (see above)!
I did not receive the magazine with 2-Viper-Mary from Georgia!

What's up??? Please help and make sure that you get my membership right!

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Viper GTS,

Send me the number above your name on the letter you recieved and we can determine what is triggering the notification. I will get to the bottom of this problem.

Thanks,

Zach

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
However, from across the pond I cannot call the 800-number...

That used to be the case, but it changed a few years ago. Today calling a toll free number from outside the US works just fine. You'll first reach an automated recording informing you that your call is NOT toll free since you're calling from outside the US. After that information is delivered, you get connected to the toll free number you dialled. In most places in europe, you would dial 001-800-***-xxxx
(The "1" in 1-800-***-xxxx is dropped just like you would drop the leading "1" in any other 10-digit US phone number. "00" is the international dialling prefix, and "1" is the country dialling prefix for US).

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ViperGTS,

We show your membership as current and the Spring issue of Viper Magazine having mailed in mid March. If you have not recieved that issue, I will have one resent. Please PM your address so that I can confirm against the address we have in our database.

I am unable to determine why you recieved the letter you mention at this point, but will try to resolve.

Thanks,
Zach

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the Spring of 08 still available. Actually I would like to get a second set of the 08 magazines if that is possible.

Bruce

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ViperGTS,

VCA HQ did recieve your membership payment back in December, less your regional dues, which is standard. We continued your regional affiliation as Swiss at that time.

The Swiss region does not show your membership as renewed for some reason which is what triggered the VM magazine letter. If it remains Swiss, you will need to contact your regional president to resolve so that he can formally notify VCA HQ. It may be a simple status issue.

International memberships are unique in that VCA HQ does not process the regional portion.

Hope this info helps....

Zach

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>International memberships are unique in that VCA HQ does not process the regional portion.<<<

:dunno: Please explain. Thx.

I renewed as an international member. Paid the required fee. Online.

I will not renew the Swiss membership for 2009 since I have not attended any meeting in 3 years and they are asking like $200 a year. For what? Being on a computer list?

IF there is NO way around a regional membership, I am inclined to become a member of the IL club since I attended several of their events in 2008!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.k. - I talked to ALex, the president of the IL VCA. Below is his response:
Can you (Zach) put me on the IL VCA list?
THX.
Markus
-----
Hey buddy! Sure we'd be glad to have you. This way you'll get emails directly from us (although we'll have to figure out the newsletter).
Typically to get assigned to a region, just call JRT and tell them to assign you to us. You should pop into my list shortly thereafter. You shouldn't have to do anything else!

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ViperGTS,

Your new region affiliation has been changed...Please work direct with Illinois on the regional dues requirement.

Thanks,
Zach

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, Zach!!!

Do I get the spring magazine?