Venom 650R

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody know the hisssstory(sorry I had to do that)of this car?
How much does the Venom "upgrade" really cost over the base viper? and what do you get mechanicly for it, I know about the trim upgrades but before I call this benforauctions and inquire I want some information of where this car's been and how/why did it end up at an auction house! Any info. will be highly appreicated.

eBay Motors: Dodge : Viper (item 170291132034 end time Jan-11-09 09:59:23 PST)

Last edited:

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, another post on a "H" car. My advice is look at the posts on "H" and "H" cars. I think there is a big thread going on concerning Hennessy cars on the GTS/RT10 section of this Forum(see getting a car upgraded at H). Something I would never buy or own.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
why?

The mods done to that 650R is nothing more than headers, exhaust and a set of air filters. You can pick all that up for about 5k retail. If you wait for good deals about 2500. The 3" exhaust system can be done by any shop for a no more than $1000

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also they ONLY header system for a GEN 4 that will not cause a check engine light is the BALLANGERS.A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT caused by a customer added bolt on power part can cause the factory warranty to be voided .(not to mention try selling a new car that has the CHE light on )

OP
OP
K

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, another post on a "H" car. My advice is look at the posts on "H" and "H" cars. I think there is a big thread going on concerning Hennessy cars on the GTS/RT10 section of this Forum(see getting a car upgraded at H). Something I would never buy or own.

Thanks doctorbob, I have read enough on the H cars and even thou I was planning on buying the car and not dealing with the man himself. I will look for nice gen 4 and mod it myself.

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was always under the impression that the "H" cars were great builds. I know the 1100 or 1200 Venom (whichever it is) has made some of the most publicity of all Vipers, if not the most.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree I wouldn't own it.:2tu:

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well at least this one doesn't have that ugly Hennessey front bumper cover.:2tu:
That Hennessy aero bumper looks positively aweful.:crazy2:
Tell me I'm not the only one that thinks that way.

OP
OP
K

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well at least this one doesn't have that ugly Hennessey front bumper cover.:2tu:
That Hennessy aero bumper looks positively aweful.:crazy2:
Tell me I'm not the only one that thinks that way.

I agree! That's what I like about it, it's stock appearing. I never did like that fat lower hennessey lip bumper and that ricer looking spoiler!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen this car in person. Its very clean and sounds great. I've been to H's shop a few times. Even though he seems to have cleaned up his act, not sure I'd let him touch my Viper if I had one.

VAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The negative impact from the viper community would be enough to even make Forest Gump Run.....:bolt:
The mans name should be banned from the VCA.:2tu:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone think the car actually puts down 678 rw with just exhaust and filter?

or are they saying that is flywheel hp?

J

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consider this: new '08s are priced ridiculously low...take Palmer dodge for example: $69K for a new '08. Take one of these and slap on the Belanger headers/exhaust and perhaps the new MOPAR controller. Have the work done by a reputable tuner/dealer/tech that supports the VCA. You'll be way under $82,950 and have a killer Viper you won't be having second thoughts about.

OP
OP
K

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consider this: new '08s are priced ridiculously low...take Palmer dodge for example: $69K for a new '08. Take one of these and slap on the Belanger headers/exhaust and perhaps the new MOPAR controller. Have the work done by a reputable tuner/dealer/tech that supports the VCA. You'll be way under $82,950 and have a killer Viper you won't be having second thoughts about.

Couldn't agree more! Plus it won't have 5700 miles either.

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Belanger headers and exhaust, the only way to go. Lots less money, lots of hp and no problems.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R