tracking ps2's

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some quick questions for tracking ps2's:

1) When using ps2's on the track, what type of break in should be done, if any, prior to tracking the tires?
2) How many heat cycles should you limit a set to?
3) Is it heat cycles that really matter or tread wear?
4) Do people generally run the ps2's with more air pressure than they used to with the regular pilot sports due to the soft tread?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still experimenting. 1/2 deg neg camber rear 29 psi cold ok. 3/4 deg neg camber up front 31 psi cold not enough. Depends on a track alignment or whatever. Next time I wll go to 33 front 29 rear at my alignment. GTS Bruce

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran the stock PS2s on my 2008 Viper in a full season of driving/track schools (roughy 6 events this past summer). Per Mark Jorgensen's recommendation I ran the tires 33 psi cold at all four wheels and this workd really well at the track. Hot tire pressures after each 20-30 minute session was 38-41 psi depending on which tire was seeing the most work.

Despite reports of understeer from other track junkies on this board I found tha the car was very neutral with these pressures and could be prompted into oversteer or understeer depending on throttle inputs. My tires still have plenty of tread after about 4,000 miles but I have not done much street driving the last few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper