2001 GTS left rear tail light lens replacement

OP
OP
A

asomerset

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I just change the lens, or do I have to replace the whole assembly.

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Replacing the bulbs or entire unit is straightforward:

1. Pull back the carpet. Pull out the rubber grommets (top three give access to the brakelight nuts, bottom two to the turn signal/back up light).

2. You'll need a socket extension to get in there and twist off the plastic nuts--I think it's an 11mm or equivalent English (can't remember which). Be careful with them, as they round off easily.

3. Once the nuts are off, you'll be able to pop the whole lens assembly out the back and replace bulbs as necessary or the whole thing. The bulbs simply twist off and pull out of their sockets.

4. Reverse to install.

The lens and plastic back are one unit, with three holes for the bulbs.

Paul Scharf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a used tail lamp if you want to go that route, I assume you need the red "upper" portion of the lamp, as the turn signal/back up lamp are a separate part. New list is $ 280, I will sell a used one for $175 plus shipping. Contact me if interested, Paul Scharf 800 338 4002

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tail light lens is the same for all year GTSs'. It is also the same tailight as the 06,08 coupe. They are all the same. You can get a new or used one from Mike at XVIPERS INC

Sorry for the insane thread necro, buuuuuut, is this the case for the lower clear portion as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper