Feeler - Possible Event for 2009 Season

00VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,

In an effort to help Adrian fill up the event calender for this season, I have suggested a tour of Sikorsky Aircraft in Stratford CT. Since I work there, I can arrange for a tour of the facility but I need to know what kind of interest there would be for this event. The tour would have to be on a Saturday and absolutely no photography would be allowed.

The tour would consist of the manufacturing facility and the engineering labs. The manufacturing facility would include the Blackhawk assembly line, rotor blade and transmission manufacturing, rotor head sub-assembly and more. The engineering labs include flight simulators and structural fatigue test cells. Depending on the size of the group I will need to get special permission for the tour so please respond if this is something people would be interested in doing.

Thanks,
Mike

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in + 4. :headbang: And I also like the other one you had about the car show at Sikorsky.

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ooh ooh! I know an airfield we can use in Stratford. They often hold auto cross events for various clubs. Let me make some phone calls.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ooh ooh! I know an airfield we can use in Stratford. They often hold auto cross events for various clubs. Let me make some phone calls.

We've got all the timing equipment! Tom (Mr. Fluids) is our resident expert with regard to this all. He and I can set up a course pretty well.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've got all the timing equipment! Tom (Mr. Fluids) is our resident expert with regard to this all. He and I can set up a course pretty well.

Let me get the info and I'll forward it on to you guys. A friend of mine says the field seems to host auto-crosses all of the time. When I swing by, I'll take some pics and post.

OP
OP

00VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me get the info and I'll forward it on to you guys. A friend of mine says the field seems to host auto-crosses all of the time. When I swing by, I'll take some pics and post.

Although our flight field is big enough there is no way to reserve it. We test fly aircraft 7 days a week and since we still service the presidents helicopter security is tight.

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in. Can we use the flight simulators or send someone we want to crash and burn on one? :rolaugh:

All,

In an effort to help Adrian fill up the event calender for this season, I have suggested a tour of Sikorsky Aircraft in Stratford CT. Since I work there, I can arrange for a tour of the facility but I need to know what kind of interest there would be for this event. The tour would have to be on a Saturday and absolutely no photography would be allowed.

The tour would consist of the manufacturing facility and the engineering labs. The manufacturing facility would include the Blackhawk assembly line, rotor blade and transmission manufacturing, rotor head sub-assembly and more. The engineering labs include flight simulators and structural fatigue test cells. Depending on the size of the group I will need to get special permission for the tour so please respond if this is something people would be interested in doing.

Thanks,
Mike

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, THANKS again for your help and looking forward to 09 :headbang: Adrian

also THANKS goes out to everyone who e-mailed me different ideas for our events

D

DAMN YANKEE

Great!

Count me in for three spots and let me know if I can help.

Tory, myself and Bern.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although our flight field is big enough there is no way to reserve it. We test fly aircraft 7 days a week and since we still service the presidents helicopter security is tight.

Mike, I believe the location I'm thinking of is the Stratford Army Engine plant (SAEP). Not sure if they're still producing tank engines or not but their lots are utilized for auto-x. Here's a map of the facility, showing the auto-x course with G-forces (red = more g's) used the a local auto-x club:

Stratford_Engine_Plant.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper