Is it against the rules to eat McDonalds in my McViper? LOL

Big Mac

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I finally got my first Viper. It's a 1996 RT/10 with the "ketchup & mustard aka McViper" package and 27K miles. The car appears to be 100% bone stock and in really great shape. I took it for a shakedown run in the cold yesterday and it drives great. I can't wait until it warms up some and I can really enjoy it.

I have done a ton of browsing around this site and a couple of others, and still have some questions.

1. It seems for some things the 96 Viper is a Gen 1 and others a Gen 2 and sometimes it's listed as both. Can anyone clarify this for me?

2. I got the car without any top. What is the estimated cost of a factory top and windows (new or salvage is fine)?

3. Are the custom hardtops worth the $$ and do they fit well etc? I found a couple of threads where the guy who makes them has occasional issues (don't we all?), but none that really review the quality and experience of having one?

4. Is there anyone here that can throw together a slick avatar for me?

That's all I can think of for right now, but as I browse I will come up with more I am sure. I want to add that you guys seem like a great bunch of people. I have been involved in forums for other vehicles, and browsed another Viper forum where the guys seemed... well not so nice let's say. LOL I can't wait to meet the locals too, I have seen them around on Saturday nights but never really stopped to chat.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally! Someone else with great taste around here :D Technically, its referred to as a Gen 1.5. Gen 1 motor, interior, no exterior door handles or real windows. Gen 2 exhaust, suspension, and some other stuff, but those are the biggies that I can think of. As for the top, I have the factory tops, so I dont have any aftermarket experience. I can handle the avatar for you, if you don't mind it involving some ******* girls. See my avatar for an example :D You will have to join the VCA 1st. Only members can have avatars. Where'd you buy the car from? I had a guy in GA call me about a McViper that was on AutoTrader a few weeks ago. Just wondering if its the same car. Ignore anyone who speaks bad of the car, they know not how wrong they are :D

As for Mcdonald's, I think its a good idea to take it. They will think you are the owner, so you can break in line and don't have to pay for your food :D

Last edited:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic car Big Mac!!!!! Welcome to ViperClub.org!

I'll save 1, 2 and 3 for guys who would know better, but regarding #4, I'd be happy to help whip up a cool avatar. One catch...to have an avatar, you need to be a VCA Member. This is simply the BEST car club in the world, and joining is a GREAT idea!

For a list of all the benefits of membership, check out this thread:

http://forums.viperclub.org/new-owner-questions/603453-new-viper-owner-time-join-vca.html

If you have any questions about the club, shoot me a PM!

OP
OP
B

Big Mac

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Finally! Someone else with great taste around here :D Technically, its referred to as a Gen 1.5. Gen 1 motor, interior, no exterior door handles or real windows. Gen 2 exhaust, suspension, and some other stuff, but those are the biggies that I can think of. As for the top, I have the factory tops, so I dont have any aftermarket experience. I can handle the avatar for you, if you don't mind it involving some ******* girls. See my avatar for an example :D You will have to join the VCA 1st. Only members can have avatars. Where do you live and where'd you buy the car from? Ignore anyone who speaks bad of the car, they know not how wrong they are :D

As for Mcdonald's, I think its a good idea to take it. They will think you are the owner, so you can break in line and don't have to pay for your food :D

Thanks for the quick reply and the info. I saw some of your posts yesterday and was going to shoot you a PM since your car is like mine. ******* girls are no problem! Do you have to be a member to have a sig too? I tried to find the edit sig in the user cp but no luck?

Fantastic car Big Mac!!!!! Welcome to ViperClub.org!

I'll save 1, 2 and 3 for guys who would know better, but regarding #4, I'd be happy to help whip up a cool avatar. One catch...to have an avatar, you need to be a VCA Member. This is simply the BEST car club in the world, and joining is a GREAT idea!

For a list of all the benefits of membership, check out this thread:

http://forums.viperclub.org/new-owner-questions/603453-new-viper-owner-time-join-vca.html

If you have any questions about the club, shoot me a PM!

I printed and filled out the forms and will be faxing them tomorrow!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply and the info. I saw some of your posts yesterday and was going to shoot you a PM since your car is like mine. ******* girls are no problem! Do you have to be a member to have a sig too? I tried to find the edit sig in the user cp but no luck?

I printed and filled out the forms and will be faxing them tomorrow!

Yep, gotta be a VCA guy for a sig as well. Any time you have any questions, feel free to PM me or just post in the forums. Its some real Viper geniuses around here! In case you're wondering, McVipers are the fastest Vipers and yellow Viper owners are crying out for attention. Sadly, by being the slowest Vipers, they get the wrong sort of attention by clogging up the fast lane on Interstates :drive::lmao: Once you join, you can send me some of your own photos and I'll make you an avatar or I can use some of my pics and noone will know the difference :) Go on and program Chuck Tator's # (Tator's Dodge) in your speeddial. 914-763-3136. He is the "Viper Wizard" and knows everything about Vipers and will be glad to help you with any issues you have. Not limited to how to remove yellow Vipers from your grille if you ever run over one that was in your way

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once you join VCA, be sure to visit the South Texas forum on this website or Texas Viper - Portal to find out what's happening in Texas.

Coming up on February 28th -- get together and cruise launching out of Round Rock.

Plan on the Texas Viper Round-Up the first weekend in April -- a "must do" event! :)

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey welcome and congrats on the car. Contrary to what Chad will tell you the yellow owners are not bad people, we just have more exotic tastes in colors :2tu:

Check out Mach 7 Motor Sports for good info on the 3 piece top for RT/10's. I bought a car that already had it so I don't have experience with the OEM's, but it does seem like a great alternative.

Enjoy the car and what I'm guessing is the great driving weather you're currently getting.
:drive:

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome aboard!!!! Sent you a PM...give me a shout and i'll give you the details on the local scene :)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper Nation Dude and nice car!:2tu:

You are going to love it here!

Oh, contrary to what Chad will tell you, yellow wheels on the McViupers are what make them faster than plain red Vipers!:D:D:D:D

Robert

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrads on the car. My first ride in a viper was in a McViper!!! I strayed thought to the color that really IS the fastest just not talked about...sapphire blue :drive: :D

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice looking car!!

I've had three early vipers. two with aftermarket hard tops that both rested on top of the car in the same fashion as the rag top and rattled quite a bit. My '94 I think has a factory top that is secured in place of the pad behind your head.... no rattles but who cares!! It's so loud I drive it with earplugs.

You have to get a top unless you plan to leave it in the garage!! It even rains in Texas once in a while.

my .02

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm late to the party...nice McViper...and great username~! Big-N-Italian could maybe help you also with creating an avatar, shoot him a PM. Congratulations and ENJOY! ~juli

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave