Official Exhaust Clip Thread!!!

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been done before but a quick search turned up nothing. Much like the wheel thread, this is intended to give different owners a taste of what their cars COULD sound like via sound and video clips. If you throw something up, a few things to consider:

• whether or not you have catalytic converters
• if you have headers...if so, what brand?
• whether or not you have resonators, glasspacks, etc.
• brand of muffler
• cam
• anything else you can think of

To kick it off:
This is a before/after 1993 RT/10 first with stock exhaust, then with Magnaflow mufflers, no cats and stock exhaust manifold and cam.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgHGW-9c5Ug[/media]

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
excellent thread :2tu:

believe it or not, i was thinking of starting this same thread 1 hour ago :omg:

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edelbrock longtubes, highflow cats, Magnaflow mufflers.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nq7mxeUKOw[/media]

at the strip. No I wasn't missing gears, I was trying to pedal the car from the wheel hop and tire spin.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P_Rc5xrZfQ[/media]

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
excellent thread :2tu:

believe it or not, i was thinking of starting this same thread 1 hour ago :omg:

I know a lot of posts come up about this..."what would this sound like? Does anyone have this?" so I thought this would be a good resource for those that want to mod their exhaust.

Sirhc76, you gonna post up your new setup?

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
High flow cats, Borla exhaust.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ignore my excitement, I had only owned the car for about 36 hours when this was taken :2tu::headbang:

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, that SRT-4 was beating you?:dunno:

I'd show a different clip.:D

That was just practice.....and the first time I had ever been road racing before.....

The only other clip I have is at the drag strip....and ALMOST got beat by another SRT....;)

In all honesty...SRT4 can be made extremely fast for virtually no money. But coming from that community first, Im probably biased. :D

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock headers, 2.5 inch Roe High flow cats, 2.5 inch Dynomax race bullets, 3 inch mandrel bent from the sidesills back. Sorry for the footage of me entering and exiting the car, it was cold BTW and that is my fast walk :) The car was already warmed up prior to the throttle push and that is not smoke it was 28 degrees outside. The camera is about 12ft from the rear of the car.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great thread. Anyone with a Gen 3 or 4 with audio clip of either Corsa or Belanger before I make my decision to buy?

I've heard 3-4 Gen. IV's with Belanger and they sound fantastic. I've heard one Gen. III with a Corsa but it's been a year or so. From what I remember it didn't disappoint. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though, and it comes down to personal taste.

FYI, I just threw up a similar thread on the Gen. III/IV boards so you may check that out in the morning to see if anyone has responded with a Belanger or Corsa post.

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the before and after clip. Before was completely stock, After = bellanger headers, RT cats, RT exhaust.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mdurba, yea, but the camera is like a foot behind the tips

not quite a realistic representation...

Its like listening to a trumpet or saxahpone with his bell in your ear vs sitting back 20 ft and enjoying the sound.

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
last one sounds sick. rt cats and no muffs?

rt exhaust complements of jonB and actually, this video was taken right after install, since then it seems like the car has gotten much louder, I'm not sure why, but definately louder.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
End of '08 Drive- Video

This video has been posted on here before.
The mods are in the video, but here is a breakdown of the exhausts:
ViperFever - Belanger headers and Corsa exhaust with cats
BOTTLEFED - Borla headers and Borla exhaust with no cats

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car is COLD. Roe 10#, 708cam, TNT headers, No cats Corsa track.
[media]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=p_CE50p4DUg[/media]

20-120mph from inside my GTS TUNE running about 600hp
[media]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ1SvlIqmP4[/media]

smoky burnout in 98 Roe sc'd 8#. Stock except Roe HF Cats & Random Tech Cat back. 600rwhp/644rwtq
[media]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ioq41bZFxc[/media]

The Corsa track exhaust with headers and No cats is actually quieter at cruise than the Random Tech. Random Tech was quiet at WOT and loud idle.

Ted

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just posted a couple of these to help a guy decide what kind of Viper to buy! Too funny.

Ted

rt/10stew

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I have decided on a B&B system with Random Tech high flow cats. I have only read some posts about this setup and I would like to know if any one has a video clip of this so I can hear it before I purchase it. the system will be going on my 01 rt/10.
Thanks Stew

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I have decided on a B&B system with Random Tech high flow cats. I have only read some posts about this setup and I would like to know if any one has a video clip of this so I can hear it before I purchase it. the system will be going on my 01 rt/10.
Thanks Stew

I posted this earlier in the thread......

http://www.chicagolandsrtclub.com/generalleepics/viperroadcourse.wmv

Exactly what you want minus the cats. Mine is catless.....

Sorry I dont have an idle video of it.

rt/10stew

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks generallee for your response. But I am looking for the B&B headers RT hi-flows and B&B cat back system. as I am looking for the deep throaty sound and I think this is the setup to deliver that sound.
Thanks Stew

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I tell you what guys. The very first post of the stock 93 vs no Cats and flow mufflers, the stock system, IMHO sounded better. The only flaw with a Viper is the exhaust sound. There are many comments on how a Viper sounds, ie. a UPS truck, a sewing machine, a Honda, etc. An old built up V8 with glasspacks and headers sure sounded mean back in the day. I would love to recreate that sound with a V10 but it's a whole different sound with the added 2 cylinders. Even with thousands invested in Borla and headers the sound is still very unique. I will live with the unique sound and the thought that I have a V10 with 500 hp making that sewing machine sound while I'm dusting the V8's all day long. :D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The exhaust note of the V10 is because of the engine being an "odd fire" engine. Viper engines fire 1 cyliner band at a time. V8s are even "fire engines" and fire two cylinders from each bank.

Maserati designed it this way because it was the change that allowed the crankshaft to be reliable. Even fire the Viper crank developed cracks after time. Viper engines are reliable because of this 'odd-fire' technology.

Ted

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tell you what guys. The very first post of the stock 93 vs no Cats and flow mufflers, the stock system, IMHO sounded better. The only flaw with a Viper is the exhaust sound. There are many comments on how a Viper sounds, ie. a UPS truck, a sewing machine, a Honda, etc. An old built up V8 with glasspacks and headers sure sounded mean back in the day. I would love to recreate that sound with a V10 but it's a whole different sound with the added 2 cylinders. Even with thousands invested in Borla and headers the sound is still very unique. I will live with the unique sound and the thought that I have a V10 with 500 hp making that sewing machine sound while I'm dusting the V8's all day long. :D

I've posted this a few times over the years......but in case you haven't heard it
Crank er up...I'm a 1/4 mile away at the end of the clip.

Belanger headers, no cats, 3" Belanger exhaust, Walker Dynomax 3" race bullet mufflers (comes with the Belanger package)

Steve

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxMZ1JBVNuU[/media]