2008 Hood Intake

Doubleup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone experimented or thought of trimming the hood intake scoop on a stock 08? It seems the plastic attached to the hood turns the air down. With it trimmed it would me more of a direct forced air intake...

I am sure it is designed to help keep water from being pushed directly into the air filter but I'm guessing few of us drive vipers in heavy rain...

Any thoughts?

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone experimented or thought of trimming the hood intake scoop on a stock 08? It seems the plastic attached to the hood turns the air down. With it trimmed it would me more of a direct forced air intake...

I am sure it is designed to help keep water from being pushed directly into the air filter but I'm guessing few of us drive vipers in heavy rain...

Any thoughts?

Umm I didn't bother to put it in on my hood. I actually removed it on my old Gen3 hood. You need to clean you air filters every once in a while but no big deal. I have gotten caught in the rain before but no issues. Seriously if you are in the rain in a Viper are you realy going so fast that water is going to hit and ********* your air filter? It's not like at 35-45mph your car is pulling in a lot of airflow and surly not enough to hurt the engine.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive in the rain a lot, and once the filter gets saturated, I'm sure something would have to give. I don't think I would notice any "extra power" so I'll just leave it in and skip the whole hydro-lock scenario ;)

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but what if a eagle got stuck in there,u dont want that!:lmao:

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have seen the Armadillo that I hit last summer.

:D

Hopefully you're coming to Dallas CarDude. The more Vipers, the better!

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have seen the Armadillo that I hit last summer.

:D

Hopefully you're coming to Dallas CarDude. The more Vipers, the better!

Sorry it will be the south Austin area, although I did get my ACR in Grapevine while I was in South Austin last year (October). I might be at the Texas round up with some friends though.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry it will be the south Austin area, although I did get my ACR in Grapevine while I was in South Austin last year (October). I might be at the Texas round up with some friends though.

I'll let it slide since Ryan, and the other Austin folks are good people. :2tu: I will try and drag a TT Viper or two from Dallas, down to Austin for the round-up as well.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will NEVER EVER notice a few extra horsepower on an 08

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62