Tire Repair Kit

XCELR8N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For those of you who have replaced your original runflats with PS2s, what did you do about an emergency tire repair kit?

1 - Did you buy the one from tirerack?
2 - Did you buy on of the Gen 4 Dodge kits that is now standard. How much are they?

In the spring I want to replace my runflats with PS2s, but I want to have a repair kit for emergencies. Any advice is appreciated....Thanks....

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thin they make PS2 run flats now. Don't they? Anyone tried them yet?

OP
OP
X

XCELR8N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My understanding is that one of the main reasons that the PS2 are so much better becasue they are not runflats with the heavier sidewalls. I could be wrong....

OP
OP
X

XCELR8N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mark, thanks for the reply. What comes in the kit? is it worth it to have? Does the sealant ruin the tire monitors?

Reaction score
Mark, thanks for the reply. What comes in the kit? is it worth it to have? Does the sealant ruin the tire monitors?

The sealant will not ruin the sensors but once the tire is compromised with the failure ans sealant "it" should be replaced, no different than a run flat would be. The kit is the small air pump and a canister of the sealant.

OP
OP
X

XCELR8N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Continental kit from TireRack? Is it better or worse than the one from Dodge?

Scott Mannny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a Green Slime kit from Walmart for my daughter, while she goes back and forth to OU (50 miles) for $40.00. It has a little pump and the slime and it worked great for her last week, it took her 15 minutes and she was on her way to the tire shop. Now, I don't if it would damage our low pressure sensors or not, but it worked for her for 40 bucks.