Raise seats

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a kit to raise the seats, especially the drivers seat? Or instructions on what to make and how to do it?

The car always felt big to me. Now I realized that I was sitting too low and had a poor view of the right fender. Sitting on towels makes the visibility better. I'm average height so I'm surprised others haven't commented on this.

Sitting on something is not the best solution because it moves your torso into the bolsters.

Thanks

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
JonB?

There might be a simple solution to this. Can he add spacers below the rails?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
What is "average height"?

My wife is 5' 7" and prefers to drive her car with the seat lowered 1-inch.

I'll bet with more seat time, you will too.

Dan

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would also ask about your height, I have a friend that is 5'4" and doesn't sit on anything and is fine driving her mamba

OP
OP
V

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a midget, about 5 10. Its a puzzle to me why the seat seems so low. My other car is a Porsche and I sit high, the fenders drop off, and visibility is good. The contrast between the cars may be why I feel too low in the viper. I'd still like to find a way to raise the seat.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the seats were any higher stock many of us couldn't fit. As it is I have a hard time with a helmet in the coupe.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a midget, about 5 10. Its a puzzle to me why the seat seems so low. My other car is a Porsche and I sit high, the fenders drop off, and visibility is good. The contrast between the cars may be why I feel too low in the viper. I'd still like to find a way to raise the seat.

If you were 5'10, then someone must have lowered your seat without you knowing. I'm 5'11 and try to recline the seat as much as possible to avoid getting the 1" lowering kit and my old lady is 5'2 and she can see out just fine.

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bizzare, this is the last seat related question I ever thought I would see. My 5' nothing GF has no problems either. I however want to lower it.

OP
OP
V

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were 5'10, then someone must have lowered your seat without you knowing. I'm 5'11 and try to recline the seat as much as possible to avoid getting the 1" lowering kit and my old lady is 5'2 and she can see out just fine.

That's what I'm thinking, it was lowered.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vincy, if its been lowered the seat track adjustment lever is totally different than stock, the 1" has a rod type lever, stock is a loop type lever that goes from side to side. Also you should be able to see a difference just looking at the seats. Mike
If it is, make sure you have your helmet on before you think you need it raised. I'm 5' 10" and i had to recline the seat to get comfortable. With the 1" kit its much better for me.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is not difficult nor expensive to have a upholstery shop put an extra inch or so of padding in the stock seats. Should do the trick, and is easily reversable if you change your mind later.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vincy,
Maybe you can take a picture of the front of the seat with the adjustment lever, then we can tell if it has the 1" kit or not, or is your seat fixed?
If your seat has infact been lowered, you may be able to find a set of used rails cheap from this forum as many have gone w/ the 1" or 2" kit and have no use for the oem rails.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm average height so I'm surprised others haven't commented on this.

The other possibility is that the ratio of your torso versus leg length falls considerably outside the average, so that you are shorter than average when sitting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss