Lutz to retire at the end of 09

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the recent news that Lutz is retiring at the end of the year from GM, maybe he could be available for who ever ends up owning Viper.

Imagine what he could do with some free reighn.:drive:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine what he could do with some free reighn.:drive:

True. I guess he did a good job with the Vet considering all the red tape and corporate BS that keeps everything bogged down at Generic Motors.

One can only imagine what he would do with complete control and no accountants to answer to.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
...With the recent news that Lutz is retiring at the end of the year from GM, maybe he could be available for who ever ends up owning Viper.
Imagine what he could do.......

I wish Bob the best......... his personal involvements with the "Founding Fourteen" of the VCA were indeed a highlight of my life....not just my Viper Life!

Paul, I can see it now:

New VCA Member Forum: LUTZ-LAND.
VCA has arranged for BOB LUTZ to be our consultant, humorist, and Hall of Fame Nominee
But he does NOT come cheap!
VCA Members Ask your questions here...but your dues are now $5000/year!

Last edited:

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a Lutz fan for 2 reasons--first and foremost Viper, and his last great acheivement ,my daily driver an 09 CTS-V which would have never been built without him.

Just like who would have ever thought a 400 HP american sports car--who would have ever thought a 556 HP Caddy sedan--what a legacy. The Lutz era will be unlike no other.

In its own way, the Viper of sedans and the best sedan I have ever owned including M5s and the rest.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a Lutz fan for 2 reasons--first and foremost Viper, and his last great acheivement ,my daily driver an 09 CTS-V which would have never been built without him.

Just like who would have ever thought a 400 HP american sports car--who would have ever thought a 556 HP Caddy sedan--what a legacy. The Lutz era will be unlike no other.

In its own way, the Viper of sedans and the best sedan I have ever owned including M5s and the rest.
I own 2 Lutz cars as well... my 97 Viper and my 06 GTO (Lutz drove it in Australia and loved it so much he ok'd it for Pontiac).

Here's to hoping for a secret Viper purchase by Lutz and crew. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper