Gen 1 seats interchangeable with Gen 2 seats?

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think they are. I called Tator because Cody at A.R.T. had a set from his GTS I wanted, but I believe Chuck told me it was a no-go. I think you can probably MAKE it work, but it's not a direct replacement without modification. You may call him to be sure.

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kinda figured as much. There's a set on ebay now that are pretty cheap, but the frames do look different.

I have actually found a couple of seats from here and there with great prices but the shipping on those things is bizarre. $135 per seat. :crazy2:

And then there are plenty of people selling them that are way to proud of their stuff...

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, I found a beat up pair of GenII's for $350 or so shipped from X2 a couple of years ago. I recovered them in sparco cloth and had a great set for about $1000.00

acr_interior.jpg

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$500 isn't bad for a decent set. Shipping is expensive when the seller drops them off at the UPS pack and ship. X2 and others who sell used can ship much cheaper. Also, look for guys that won't ship, prices are a give away. I paid $200.00 for a new Gen III mamba seat. Had a friend pick it up.

kevin96rt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just had my seats recovered black leather on the outside/blue leather in the middle and logo on both seats for $1,000.00
One good thing about a bad economy is great prices if you have cash.I know cause I am cutting people deals left and right on my jobs just to keep my guys busy

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um.................................................................................................. no.................................. :D

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to ask why gen.1's won't fit in a gen.2??? The only difference is that seatbelt loop on the top. Plus, the gen. 1 seat bottoms come out easier. The bolt pattern is the same.