AL/TN, GA Tail of the Dragon is on!

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've finally confirmed a date for this years "slaying".
It's Friday May 29th.
Details are still in the planning stages, but mark your calendars. Stay tuned to this thread as more info becomes available. Last year we had 33 cars representing 7 states. I hear the Canadian and NY clubs may be coming down to join us this year as well as a "special guest":confused:

Some of last years threads on this event:
http://forums.viperclub.org/vca-viper-events-gatherings/614259-al-tn-ga-tail-dragon-june-6-a.html

-Chip

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't make it that weekend. I have a basket weaving class I've been looking forward to at that same time. Plus, I heard a few guys were unruly at the hotel (and Hardees) last year. I won't associate with people like that.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Can I be in charge of planning lunch again? :headbang::rolaugh::2tu:

Sinister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait, going crazy not being able to get the viper's out and play.:drive::2tu:

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't make it that weekend. I have a basket weaving class I've been looking forward to at that same time. Plus, I heard a few guys were unruly at the hotel (and Hardees) last year. I won't associate with people like that.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Can I be in charge of planning lunch again? :headbang::rolaugh::2tu:

Chad, you're in luck! The "special guest" is the basket weave instructor :D, so now you can make it. I'll see what I can do about the "un-rulies". :bonker::brick::beer::naughty::spank:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward to it again! I'll send a message to Nabil of Ontario so he can see this.

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This date May 29th is not going to work for us!
.. We have the Zone Rendezvous May 23-26th at Pocono....but we are planning to be at the Biltmore, NC, Aug.16th-19th., and will take a swipe at the Tail of the Dragon then. Maybe while we are in NC, John and his gang can party with us.:D

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will work on that date! That was so fun! Just the cruise through Gatlinburg putting the city at a stand still! Man my son was just grins ear to ear! Yea Dad was too:D

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an FYI, ZDayZ is the 28th-31st. Z's and G's from around the counrty will be there and it will be packed. I know Fontana village is already sold out.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This date May 29th is not going to work for us!
.. We have the Zone Rendezvous May 23-26th at Pocono....but we are planning to be at the Biltmore, NC, Aug.16th-19th., and will take a swipe at the Tail of the Dragon then. Maybe while we are in NC, John and his gang can party with us.:D

Count us in!!:2tu::headbang:

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an FYI, ZDayZ is the 28th-31st. Z's and G's from around the counrty will be there and it will be packed. I know Fontana village is already sold out.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't think there's too many days when there isn't some kind of club/group making that drive. Although Fontana Village would be a great place to stay, we'll be staying in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlingburg area again.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is it possible to back up the Dragon weekend to 23-34 May to include more people? :drive::drive:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update! Just to be clear, will the schedule be similar to last year? I.e., meet somewhere for lunch Friday, do the Dragon, stay overnight in Pigeon Forge Friday night, cruising Saturday, stay overnight in Pigeon Forge Saturday night, Sunday Chad's ******* lunch, the end?

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK!! Here's the host hotel link:

A Great Smoky Mountain Hotel - Shular Inn Pigeon Forge

I've got 25 rooms blocked. You'll be responsible for your own reservations. Use confirmation code "VIPER".

Rooms are 79.95/night+ tax, includes breakfast. Rooms can be upgraded to King w/jacuzzi for extra $30. Plenty of parking and 24 hr security. Get 'em while you can.

LET'S ROCK!!:headbang:

Half the rooms are already booked!

DEADLINE for reservations at our rate is MAY 8th
After that, you're on your own...

Sinister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've booked our room! We'll be arriving on Thursday. Looking forward to it & seeing everyone!