Bone Stock SRT in the 10's?

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great driving, I can't believe you can run those times short shifting so you do not exceed the recommend rpm break-in procedure.............lol

Incredibly consistant like others mentioned, Nice

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great series of runs. I notice that on the last run, the sub 11 second run, your reaction time is a negative .047. Doesn't that mean a red light? But even if it does, based on your other runs, you left at least three tenths of reaction time on the table during your 11.021 run indicating that you have an incredible 10.7 or so run within your reach. Great driving!

Reaction time has no bearing on the 1/4 time. The clock does not start until the car starts moving.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie..what was the DA when you ran..I gotta beleave it wasnt optimum racing weather in near april conditions..You think 132 mph trapps and 10.7's are possible in optimum weather?

Congrats

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow congrats Jamie. I knew it would be a matter of time before the Viper hit the 10's. Way to go. Way to represent the Viper. I would love to see the ACR hit the 10's and I am sure it is more than capable.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL....Right off the showroom floor, not broken in and runs 10.9 @ 129 with the convertable. LMAO at the ridiculousness of the Gen IV bonestock. Congrats and I dont think anyone is surprised that you were the first to do it. BTW how many mile on her at the time of the record run?:2tu:

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. Great Driving.:2tu:

Why hasn't anybody questioned how only two minutes had
elapsed between the last two runs? Is that just a typo?

Its not a typo, after I ran the 11.02 I knew I was dialed in and I pulled right back up and ran again. It was a rental and there is no waiting, you run when you want, and I usually make 2 or 3 back to back to keep my timing.

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great series of runs. I notice that on the last run, the sub 11 second run, your reaction time is a negative .047. Doesn't that mean a red light? But even if it does, based on your other runs, you left at least three tenths of reaction time on the table during your 11.021 run indicating that you have an incredible 10.7 or so run within your reach. Great driving!

Reaction time doesn't affect et! Your et starts once your car moves, ideally a .000 at MIR, since I was running by myself on those runs I left when I felt I had the car at the right rpms and since I wasn't racing anyone I didn't worry about a slow or red light reaction time, I just left when I felt comfortable.

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL....Right off the showroom floor, not broken in and runs 10.9 @ 129 with the convertable. LMAO at the ridiculousness of the Gen IV bonestock. Congrats and I dont think anyone is surprised that you were the first to do it. BTW how many mile on her at the time of the record run?:2tu:

It had 114 on the odometer after that run.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Way to go Jamie!

Unbelievable!

The SRT guys should be proud as well!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reaction time doesn't affect et! Your et starts once your car moves, ideally a .000 at MIR, since I was running by myself on those runs I left when I felt I had the car at the right rpms and since I wasn't racing anyone I didn't worry about a slow or red light reaction time, I just left when I felt comfortable.

Brain fart on my part. You are right. But it sure does win races. There was a local fellow that beat me three times at an SRT event based on his reaction times even though I had the better E.T. Very frustrating to say the least.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Jamie on running some awesome passes! These cars are amazing! To be able to trap in the high 120's in a bone stock car is awesome. Great driving as usual and first to break into the 10's. Now how low can you go????????

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can you give us a little more detail about the run. What rpms did you lanch at? What rpm were you shifting at? How did you overcome the traction issue from 1-2...etc?

PS CONGRATS!!!!!!!

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!!!
Without getting into a Vette vs Viper thing... what's the difference between the two at the strip?

Let me tell you the difference, first the Viper weighs 3405 lbs, I weighed it today! It has 3.07 gears and the powerband on the 08 starts right about 4400 rpms, below that and it is flat and the car bogs so you have to keep it around those rpms on the leave and try not to let it drop and if all those things come together you get a pretty decent leave. The car traps at close to 130 mph so once you get out of the hole just shift when the light comes on (and I never power shift!) and you should have a pretty good run, but its a super hard car to drive where it counts most and thats take off! As far as the Z06 goes it only weighs 3090 lbs and has 3.42 gears and is much easier to drive for me, I generally use the exact same techinique for the Z as the Viper but not as high of rpms on leave as it doesn't need the rpms as much with the gears and weight which also makes it a lot easier to launch.

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a drag racer for many years one of the secrets to a quick ET is in the staging of the car. After you trip the first staging light you just creep forward slowly and stop just as you trip the second light.
This is known as shallow staging and you will get a little running start before you trip the Et light. This is perfectly legal and when you go for a ET record run you will always shallow stage and you can cut as much as .10 seconds off your ET compared to deep staging.

I believe there is few inches of leeway in staging shallow or deep.

eagles

SRT BEE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Way to go Jamie! What was the track altitude? I really want to know if you rode the clutch keeping the rpm up through first or did you just drop it at 4400rpm? I will be trying mine out for the first time in a few weeks it would be awesome to come even close to that.

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! For the person who asked how I leave, I tried to leave at about 4000 rpms when possible.

Great job for sure. What were the tire pressures set at? Did you do anything else such as filters etc etc? Just that "bone stock" means different things to different people.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job for sure. What were the tire pressures set at? Did you do anything else such as filters etc etc? Just that "bone stock" means different things to different people.
LOL trust me out of all people "bone stock" means bone stock to this guy :D. He wouldnt so much as take a screw off of the car.

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks guys for the props! Tires were at 21pds and if you look back through the thread I answer all the questions about tires, shifts, leave etc. As far as bone stock, to me it means as it left the factory so I didn't touch anything not a screw.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth