Bone Stock SRT in the 10's?

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Whats the weak spot on these cars in the 1/4. I knew to be a little careful with the rear diff in my vette, and there is always a weak spot somewhere in the drivetrain relative to others. Just wondering before I hit any track time. I know that all Vipers made about half way through the 08 model year have the solid shafts from the ACR.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This *****, Jamie, now you've made me want a new one even more, gee thanks.

You are the man, bro, great driving & way to go being the first, thats gotta feel good.

I see an 08 or 09 in my future, maybe in a year or so, probably when my poor lil 03 is worth $100. lol.

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This *****, Jamie, now you've made me want a new one even more, gee thanks.

You are the man, bro, great driving & way to go being the first, thats gotta feel good.

I see an 08 or 09 in my future, maybe in a year or so, probably when my poor lil 03 is worth $100. lol.

Thanks man! I am glad I did it because I said I would do it, and there were some smack talkers that said I only like vettes and wasn't even really going to buy a viper and it was just a cover to talk up the vette. Well 6 months and 2 vipers and 2 records later I guess they decided it was best to crawl back under their rock! Thats what I am most happy about, shutting their mouths! To be honest though 95 percent of the guys who post are cool and were happy to see me do it so thats cool also!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man! I am glad I did it because I said I would do it, and there were some smack talkers that said I only like vettes and wasn't even really going to buy a viper and it was just a cover to talk up the vette. Well 6 months and 2 vipers and 2 records later I guess they decided it was best to crawl back under their rock! Thats what I am most happy about, shutting their mouths! To be honest though 95 percent of the guys who post are cool and were happy to see me do it so thats cool also!
Jamie,the funny thing was when you ran 10s in your stock Z06 these same guys (sitting behind their computers-of course )either questioned the run or brought excuses into the mix (track elev,air temp ect )You dont make excuses what you do is set records (one after another )for stock tired production cars

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie,the funny thing was when you ran 10s in your stock Z06 these same guys (sitting behind their computers-of course )either questioned the run or brought excuses into the mix (track elev,air temp ect )You dont make excuses what you do is set records (one after another )for stock tired production cars

Glass houses...stones...

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats the weak spot on these cars in the 1/4. I knew to be a little careful with the rear diff in my vette, and there is always a weak spot somewhere in the drivetrain relative to others. Just wondering before I hit any track time. I know that all Vipers made about half way through the 08 model year have the solid shafts from the ACR.
As long as you dont try to run slicks you wouldnt have any problems.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Skills talk, stupid walks. I hate you because you have all the cars I'd want. Yeah, I like the vette the least, but I'll take that performance monster over a euro trash anyday! :usa: :D

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Jamie. I expected you to do it, it was only a matter of time. My friend Joel was there in his orange '08 Corvette to witness your passes. Glad to see 10s finally accomplished.

Tony

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Jamie. I expected you to do it, it was only a matter of time. My friend Joel was there in his orange '08 Corvette to witness your passes. Glad to see 10s finally accomplished.

Tony

Thanks Tony! Joel will tell you it wasn't easy as I was knocking on the door all day but no one would answer? Finally everything came together and Joel is actually the one who handed me the timeslip after the run, he wanted to sell it to me but I convinced him it would be nicer if he just let me have it, and he agreed.:D Joel is a real nice guy and I am glad I met him and he was improving his driving with every run, I really think his car has about an 11.70 something in it with a good clean pass. Those LS3's are are pretty impressive!

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome,man. I can't say I am surprised as I thought you would get there this spring. Frickin fantastic. I have been working like an absolute slave the last 3 weeks and haven't been on the forum at all. I get on this morning out of the blue and the best news a viper drag racer can see is there front and center. Stock and in the 10's. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome,man. I can't say I am surprised as I thought you would get there this spring. Frickin fantastic. I have been working like an absolute slave the last 3 weeks and haven't been on the forum at all. I get on this morning out of the blue and the best news a viper drag racer can see is there front and center. Stock and in the 10's. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!
I am sure it will be just a matter of time before you do it Speed. You were nearly there for a bit. Now that the GenIII record was set, go and get the stock Gen4 in the 10's. :drive:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I will give you a break. That is for a Gen 4. GenIII I believe SpeefFreak has the record at a very low 11.0 run.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you should take your acr to the ring... otherwise congrats on the accomplishment.. i never paid any attention to all the beef other guys were giving you befor so it's all good

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you should take your acr to the ring... otherwise congrats on the accomplishment.. i never paid any attention to all the beef other guys were giving you befor so it's all good

Thanks! I really didn't pay it much attention either, I race, they type!

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie, I just noticed you're local, did you do that at MIR? Dang it, I'd loved to have seen that in person. If you do another track day, drop a brother a note, if there's any way possible I'd be in.

I just did the track rental @ capitol that John & the local group put together, what a blast, reminded me what I was missing, I'm back in the game.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh oh, not another Gen 3 vs 4 discussion. lol Jamie obviously powns the Gen 4 record.

I don't know if I've seen a notice on Gen3. Viperjim, is your time in your sig totally stock, if so I'd think it would be in that neighborhood. hard to think the old style runcraps could muster much better than 11.50's - that's impressive.

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie, I just noticed you're local, did you do that at MIR? Dang it, I'd loved to have seen that in person. If you do another track day, drop a brother a note, if there's any way possible I'd be in.

I just did the track rental @ capitol that John & the local group put together, what a blast, reminded me what I was missing, I'm back in the game.

Yes it was MIR! In the same thread John said he was doing the Capitol rental on Friday the 27th, I posted in that thread if anyone wanted practice or couldn't make the Capitol 27th rental they were welcome to come to the MIR rental that Monday the 23rd and race for only 100 dollars all day 9 to 5 both lanes and I got no takers on this site? I posted it a week in advance and didn't get 1 inquiry? I made the same offer on the Corvette site and 4 guys showed up so I figured the Viper guys only wanted to race with Vipers? The MIR rental was put on my some 6speed members and we always have a good variety of cars and this time we had Vipers, Vettes , GTR's , Porsches , Mercedes , Supra's, Bmw's and a few odd ball cars. Mir is prepped so much better than Capitol it was a no brainer for me.

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it was MIR! In the same thread John said he was doing the Capitol rental on Friday the 27th, I posted in that thread if anyone wanted practice or couldn't make the Capitol 27th rental they were welcome to come to the MIR rental that Monday the 23rd and race for only 100 dollars all day 9 to 5 both lanes and I got no takers on this site? I posted it a week in advance and didn't get 1 inquiry? I made the same offer on the Corvette site and 4 guys showed up so I figured the Viper guys only wanted to race with Vipers? The MIR rental was put on my some 6speed members and we always have a good variety of cars and this time we had Vipers, Vettes , GTR's , Porsches , Mercedes , Supra's, Bmw's and a few odd ball cars. Mir is prepped so much better than Capitol it was a no brainer for me.

There is no comparison of track prep between MIR and Capital. MIR knows how to do it. Capital is always hit or miss.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran at a mustang shoutout at MIR about 15 yrs ago and I remember thinking, that was a "real" track, very nice.

nemo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ok I've read all of the posts i think? what was the d/a, track temp, air temp do you have any of the weather conditions on hand understandable if you don't. great run as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth