Changed 335's to 275's

Zrxpilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
97 gts. Had 13" wide wheels with 335's all around and switched the fronts to normal sized wheels that would allow me to use 275's. The car drove just fine before and now its really squirely (sp?) with the narrow wheels and tires.

Anyways, thinking an allignment will fix this? Do track cars when they get fitted with big wheels in the front require a different allignment?

Thanks in advance.

Pilot

RedLiner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got any pics of the old set up? I'm just curious to how this looked. Did you have any rubbing in the front?

OP
OP
Z

Zrxpilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ Had some rubbing on full lock in reverse.Ie, backing up out of a tight spot in a parking lot the tire would hit the front torsion bar but it wasnt anything I couldnt live with. For some reason it wouldnt do it going fowards. Driving down the road it drove just like any other car. The deal breaker for me was having some portion of the front wheels sticking out past the fender. Looked like a stock car.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Word of caution re: 335's up front. Yes we do on occassion run these on our GTS race cars but there are drawbacks. The major draw back is that the steering rack gets put under sever pressure from trying to move the larger width tires. This has lead to premature steering rack leaks. The upside is that the braking performance is much better as there is more tire to grip the road. The optimum performance/steering rack levels have been a 305/315 up front.