IN/KY VCA Mtg/Cruise/Tour...April 11, 2009...Four Roses, Lawrenceburg, KY...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

The April 11, 2009 meeting HAS BEEN MOVED!!! We ARE NOT MEETING AT Lincoln Square, Westfield, IN.

The NEW TIME and LOCATION for this cruise/lunch/meeting/cruise/tour is complex!!!

We will plan to meet in the parking lot of The KingFish Restaurant (also called "KingFish Zorn"), 3021 Upper River Rd, Louisville, KY...at the intersection of Zorn Ave. and River Road. This is the site of our recent Feb.14, 2009 meeting.

KingFish Restaurants » Restaurant Locations & Contact Info

For the Central and Northern Indiana members (and the Central Northern Illinois members), the route is pretty easy...I-65 South to the Ohio River...get into the RIGHT lane Southbound on the I-65 Kennedy Bridge early so that at the end of this bridge you can make a right turn off of I-65 FOLLOWED by an IMMEDIATE LEFT turn on to I-64 EAST...staying in the LEFT LANE so that you can (very shortly) merge onto I-71 heading NORTHEAST toward Cincinnati...then, in a couple of miles...OFF of I-71 at the Zorn Ave. Exit (Exit 2) ...go NORTH on Zorn Ave. to River Road...KingFish is right there ( 3021 Upper River Rd., Louisville, KY).

PLAN to be in the parking lot between 10:30 -11:00 AM EDT...as we hope to be SEATED by 11:05 AM.

We will eat here, have a BRIEF meeting, and leave by 12:15-12:30 PM EDT...departing for the Four Roses Distillery in Lawrenceburg, KY.

WE NEED TO BE PARKED at Four Roses by 1:45 PM EDT since out tour starts at 2:00 PM EDT.

This is a beautiful facility with a great gift shop...and a very popular stop on motor club tours. Here is a link:

Four Roses Bourbon

From Louisville: I-64 east to exit 53, US 127 south, 14 miles to Hwy 513 west, turn right, one mile to the distillery

From Lexington: US 60 east to Bluegrass Parkway, west to exit 59B, 1/10 mile to Hwy 513 west, turn left, one mile to distillery.

IN/KY VCA "convoy" radios are the FRS type (such as the Motorola Talk-about)...set to Channel "5", Security code "0"...use they if you have them.

Need info or help???

Indiana folks...Contact Jim Robertson or Steve Fess.

Kentucky folks...Contact Jason Mattinson.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My wife may want to come to this. Praying she doesn't. she will just yell at me the whole entire time to slow down.....geesh! Now it looks like bad weather for me. LOL! Anyone want to take her in THEIR viper? LOL!

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife may want to come to this. Praying she doesn't. she will just yell at me the whole entire time to slow down.....geesh! Now it looks like bad weather for me. LOL! Anyone want to take her in THEIR viper? LOL!

My wife will come along, but I got some space in the trunk :omg:

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife will be coming as well. However, she doesn't want to come down to Louisville and go back to Pikeville all in the same day. Anybody know of a SAFE hotel around where I could park in front of my room window???????????????????????????????:dunno:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife will be coming as well. However, she doesn't want to come down to Louisville and go back to Pikeville all in the same day. Anybody know of a SAFE hotel around where I could park in front of my room window???????????????????????????????:dunno:

I was considering driving down too, but it would only be to spend the night somewhere since it's a 4 1/2 hr drive for me.

Maybe if some of the N Indiana folks want to go too...?

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You could park it in my garage over night (under my Mamba on the lift). I'll take you to the hotel and pick you up in the morning.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an extra garage spot as well if that will help.

So who is holding back on us here in Louisville? I had a friend send me a picture tonight of a red/black ACR he saw on bardstown. Who's is it? Ray? Mike? Adam? I wish I had seen it so I could invite them to the cruise Saturday.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its looking good that I can go! I didn't know if the boss would let me go since the new little one just doesn't like sleeping at night:D....

So as of now I have the green light:2tu:

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The TIME and LOCATION for SATURDAY'S cruise/lunch/meeting/cruise/tour is complex!!!

We will plan to meet in the parking lot of The KingFish Restaurant (also called "KingFish Zorn"), 3021 Upper River Rd, Louisville, KY...at the intersection of Zorn Ave. and River Road. This is the site of our recent Feb.14, 2009 meeting.

KingFish Restaurants » Restaurant Locations & Contact Info

For the Central and Northern Indiana members (and the Central Northern Illinois members), the route is pretty easy...I-65 South to the Ohio River...get into the RIGHT lane Southbound on the I-65 Kennedy Bridge early so that at the end of this bridge you can make a right turn off of I-65 FOLLOWED by an IMMEDIATE LEFT turn on to I-64 EAST...staying in the LEFT LANE so that you can (very shortly) merge onto I-71 heading NORTHEAST toward Cincinnati...then, in a couple of miles...OFF of I-71 at the Zorn Ave. Exit (Exit 2) ...go NORTH on Zorn Ave. to River Road...KingFish is right there ( 3021 Upper River Rd., Louisville, KY).

PLAN to be in the parking lot between 10:30 -11:00 AM EDT...as we hope to be SEATED by 11:05 AM.

We will eat here, have a BRIEF meeting, and leave by 12:15-12:30 PM EDT...departing for the Four Roses Distillery in Lawrenceburg, KY.

WE NEED TO BE PARKED at Four Roses by 1:45 PM EDT since out tour starts at 2:00 PM EDT.

This is a beautiful facility with a great gift shop...and a very popular stop on motor club tours. Here is a link:

Four Roses Bourbon

From Louisville: I-64 east to exit 53, US 127 south, 14 miles to Hwy 513 west, turn right, one mile to the distillery

From Lexington: US 60 east to Bluegrass Parkway, west to exit 59B, 1/10 mile to Hwy 513 west, turn left, one mile to distillery.

IN/KY VCA "convoy" radios are the FRS type (such as the Motorola Talk-about)...set to Channel "5", Security code "0"...use they if you have them.

PLAN TO REFUEL BEFORE ARRIVING AT KingFish !!!!

REMEMBER: This is a CRUISE...NOT a race!!!

Need info or help???

Indiana folks...Contact Jim Robertson or Steve Fess.

Kentucky folks...Contact Jason Mattinson.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Adam, would that be the little, red, 12 cylinder car with the picture of the cute little ''Dancin' Donkey'' on it??? :)

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Must admit that the nickname above was not an original from me.

Glenn used it one day in reference to a couple of our cars!!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Steve had a good time! Thanks for letting my buddies join in with me. They made a comment and whispered to me that you guys had one of the most organized car clubs that he has seen.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fun day with some great looking cars :2tu:

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
''Thanks'' are owed to Jason and Adam for putting this together!!! Beautiful day, cars, and countryside. My Wife particularly enjoyed seeing/meeting everyone...and, she was very happy to take her ACR out on the road again as she not driven that one in quite some time!!

Thanks to All for a nice day!!!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We need to schedule the tech session of the clutch change. Shandon said he would donate his car. I will also install motor mounts too. I had to twist his arm!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score