Help....too hard of a decision...

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seriously saw just the back corner of a Sebring the other day for a second I almost thought it was a Gen 3 vert. Its the back of a gen 1 that looks like a miata

City did you ever think people might not choose the vert over the coupe just because the look is so different???

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The verdict is.....Red Convertible.

I owe you all for your advice and ideas....now time to go to bed for the AM flight and tomorrow I'll be over on the Mod page....
BTW- I am registering in a no emissions checking state...can I whack those Cats off of there and let her breath a bit better? It sure helped my three Vettes.. ?????

ANOTHER vette guys comes here talking about whack-off days when he had vettes!

Your vette did not have sidepipes. If you go catless on an SRT10 roadie, the 8.3L of STINK comes out 22" from your nose and hair and clothes; And you get CEL lites esp 08-09! The backfire popping sounds ratty; flame can scorch the sill; You can LOSE torque! Im not a fan of catless.

HF Cats can cool the car, scrub the stink, maintain the minimal backpressure, and keep your useful OBD2 functioning. And can be combined with OE or aftermarket exhausts.

PS CONGRATS!! (PPS Viper owners find that they dont whack-off as often as when they were vette guys)

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

labradorguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like. :)

The '67 did have pipes, but nothin' needed whacked with a big block and little bitty tires...I was more than content with what it did...hahaha

I hate those little lights. :p

How much HP we talkin about with the high flow cats? The exhaust doesn't sound all that bad, am I missing something really cool with a Corsa on there? I am sure there are some ponies to pick up there too.

I really appreciate the advice.

OP
OP
L

labradorguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS- Glad to know that I am not the only disgruntled Vette guy wandering around here...haha....they have killed that car as far as I am concerned.

If anyone comes across a big block '67 though keep me in mind. I want a another project car.

Cheers

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
........How much HP we talkin about with the high flow cats? The exhaust doesn't sound all that bad, am I missing something really cool with a Corsa on there? I am sure there are some ponies to pick up there too.

I really appreciate the advice.

No one can prove +10HP for cats alone, on a 600HP G4 motor. The + / - error at 600HP is greater than 10HP on the dyno. What you DO get is 150 degrees COOLER footwell and sills, more decibels of volume, OBVIOUS better CFM flow, and "PROBABLY" 10HP + TQ.

OP
OP
L

labradorguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you know your business. Thanks for the comment on the cats. I think I will leave em alone for a bit.

Sit thinking had about an exhaust though.

How are you with '09 Powerstrokes? I'd like to whack all of that off too and run a straight pipe back like I did on the 6 Powerstrokes before it. Had no trouble with the 7.3 or the 6.0 doing that but this new one makes me wonder....I am thinking farm fuel is out of the question too...oops, I had better take this one over to the powerstroke page. hahaha.. Cheers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62